• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Author Type List

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
im pretty sure that thomas friedman and thomas sowell are ENTJs...

i know they do non-fiction (econ), but a lot of other authors u list are non fiction...

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
*BUMPS POST*

A few classics to ponder:

Arthur Miller
Harold Pinter (INFJ?) YouTube - Al-Jazeera interviews Harold Pinter Part 2
Evelyn Waugh
Bram Stoker
Jonathan Swift
Daniel Defoe
Samuel Richardson
Walt Whitman
Harriet Beecher Stowe
Christopher Marlowe
Margaret Atwood (INTx?)
Christina Rossetti
D H Lawrence
T S Eliot
W B Yeats
Seamus Heaney (IxFJ?)
Katherine Mansfield
Graham Greene
Philip Larkin
William Golding
H G Wells
Mario Puzo
Robert Louis Stevenson
Sir Walter Scott
William Makepeace Thackeray
Arthur C Clarke
Arthur Conan Doyle (xNTx)?
John Updike
William S. Burroughs (INxJ)?
Jay McInerney
Allen Ginsberg
Victor Hugo
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Harper Lee (IxFx)
Tennessee Williams (INFJ)?
Tom Stoppard YouTube - Tom Stoppard Talks With Charlie Rose INFJ?
Raymond Chandler
Kingsley Amis
Eugene O'Neill
Jules Verne
Agatha Christie

Last edited:

silverchris9

MBTI Type
ENFP
Walt Whitman: INFP

P because "I have instant conductors all over me, whether I pass or stop;
They seize every object and lead it harmlessly through me." seems to me thee essence of P-hood, I because although he purported to be all open and everywhere, he had to have Ni in order to know so much about himself (and the subject of all of his poetry is either himself or himself relative to Abraham Lincoln, right?) N just seems obvious, and F because I don't think that any T in history could put up with "do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself." Plus the parts of "When Lilacs Last..." that I've read seem very emotional.

I'd consider Shakespeare an ENFP, because it seems to me that he must have had Ne because all of his work is about understanding other people well enough to create characters who seem like real people. Plus, he was an actor and acting seems to be a very ENFP friendly type profession. And, unlike Whitman, he subject seems to never be himself. All in all, based on what I know about his biography, he seems to be an ENFP who had to take on some more SJ qualities now and then as a self-preservational instinct. Plus, the whole "fall in love with Anne whatshername and then get bored with her and run off to London without her" thing seems ENFP-like: all interested in possibilities and horribly bored when they seem to be exhausted. But I probably just want to claim Shakespeare for my own type; who wouldn't want him?

Also, on that note, and on the basis of a very little amount of reading, I'd consider D.H. Lawrence rather ENFP as well, because he talks about how he wants his wife to be constantly changing even as he is constantly changing. Sounds like possibility-lust to me!

And I don't know if we're counting critics, but since it just says "authors" I think that the critic Harold Bloom is definitely an NFJ but I can't tell if he's I or E. Also, there's a slim possibility that he might be a P who looks like a J because he's so confident in his intuitions, but I doubt it. My guess is INFJ.

Based on Miller's work, I'm inclined to call him INF, but I'm uncertain whether the heavy judgment in many of his plays (from "attention must be paid" to the irritating and irrelevant moralizing in the lengthy stage direction thingys in The Crucible) stems from an actual judging nature or just deeply held beliefs being expressed strongly.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Walt Whitman: INFP

P because "I have instant conductors all over me, whether I pass or stop;
They seize every object and lead it harmlessly through me." seems to me thee essence of P-hood, I because although he purported to be all open and everywhere, he had to have Ni in order to know so much about himself (and the subject of all of his poetry is either himself or himself relative to Abraham Lincoln, right?) N just seems obvious, and F because I don't think that any T in history could put up with "do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself." Plus the parts of "When Lilacs Last..." that I've read seem very emotional.

I'd consider Shakespeare an ENFP, because it seems to me that he must have had Ne because all of his work is about understanding other people well enough to create characters who seem like real people. Plus, he was an actor and acting seems to be a very ENFP friendly type profession. And, unlike Whitman, he subject seems to never be himself. All in all, based on what I know about his biography, he seems to be an ENFP who had to take on some more SJ qualities now and then as a self-preservational instinct. Plus, the whole "fall in love with Anne whatshername and then get bored with her and run off to London without her" thing seems ENFP-like: all interested in possibilities and horribly bored when they seem to be exhausted. But I probably just want to claim Shakespeare for my own type; who wouldn't want him?

Also, on that note, and on the basis of a very little amount of reading, I'd consider D.H. Lawrence rather ENFP as well, because he talks about how he wants his wife to be constantly changing even as he is constantly changing. Sounds like possibility-lust to me!

And I don't know if we're counting critics, but since it just says "authors" I think that the critic Harold Bloom is definitely an NFJ but I can't tell if he's I or E. Also, there's a slim possibility that he might be a P who looks like a J because he's so confident in his intuitions, but I doubt it. My guess is INFJ.

Based on Miller's work, I'm inclined to call him INF, but I'm uncertain whether the heavy judgment in many of his plays (from "attention must be paid" to the irritating and irrelevant moralizing in the lengthy stage direction thingys in The Crucible) stems from an actual judging nature or just deeply held beliefs being expressed strongly.

Well well well. Walt Whitman I can certainly see as INFP, but I also considered ISFP as a possiblity. Explain how he is N.

Shakespeare ENFP? Just no.

D H Lawrence as ENFP? I can certainly see it.

Harold Bloom I agree completely with you, and have already added as an INFJ on the more recent version of this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/13112-dn-s-author-type-list-ii.html . He is not just a critic by the way.

Miller as INFx? Interesting. :)

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
In a word, yes. She's one of the strongest examples I've seen of the type.

Could you please elaborate why you think Zadie Smith's an INFP? Through her writings, I notice a strong Thinking function to her and would peg her either as INTP or INTJ.

I'm curious to know.

G

Ginkgo

James Joyce is apparently an enneagram 5. This being said, I'm not sure if INFP is as plausible. Maybe ENFP 5w6 soc/sx ? I suppose there are probably enneagram 5 INFPs out there, though a rarity.

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
Shakespeare's always seemed ENFP to me too, an unpopular opinion I know.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I though Mark Twain was an enfp and not an entp? I never read any of his stuffs. So I'm going off what some personality websites said.