User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    ^ Emanuel Swedenborg, said to be one of Blake's mentors definately seems INFJ, if I recall correctly Blake broke with Swedenborg on a lot of his dogma.
    Does this ideological split further argue the INFP case?
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

JKR an ISFP? I always thought she was Intuitive..an ENFJ, I thought..You could be right though, you probably know more about her.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Does this ideological split further argue the INFP case?
    I don't know. Blake just has a more free-floating feel to him than his mentor does. His mentor was unconventional but seemed to want to wrap things up in a decided manner, Blake seemed to be just open to whatever the universe showed him on a given day.

Swedenborg seemed more set on finding a system of new dogma for others to follow and implement, Blake seemed more open to exploration and uniqueness of all the parts in each individual moment.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Heart, what is your take on James Joyce? I'm curious.

I read his 'Portrait of an Artist....', and to be honest didn't think INFJ was out of the question. But I also recognize INFP as probably being more likely (which is what he's listed as in this thread)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Heart, what is your take on James Joyce? I'm curious.

I read his 'Portrait of an Artist....', and to be honest didn't think INFJ was out of the question. But I also recognize INFP as probably being more likely (which is what he's listed as in this thread)
    Honestly I am not at all familar with him. LOL, he's too modern for me.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Honestly I am not at all familar with him. LOL, he's too modern for me.
    eh..thought I'd ask, as it's a semi-autobiographical book so should be easier to pinpoint his type (in theory - but then since I wasn't sure, whatever. )
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    JKR an ISFP? I always thought she was Intuitive..an ENFJ, I thought..You could be right though, you probably know more about her.
    I. She's not into the whole fame thing at all.

An S is more likely to create a complete and fully fledged liveable world like she did. An N would leave more to the imagination. She leaves little for us to surmise ourselves. What isn't known, she knows, she just hasn't written it in a book. It's also less high fantasy that an N would create. It's very grounded in reality. She doesn't introduce any "out there" concepts that an N might into her work. It's all borrowed from elsewhere.

Definite P. Her desk is shambolic.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know. Blake just has a more free-floating feel to him than his mentor does. His mentor was unconventional but seemed to want to wrap things up in a decided manner, Blake seemed to be just open to whatever the universe showed him on a given day.

Swedenborg seemed more set on finding a system of new dogma for others to follow and implement, Blake seemed more open to exploration and uniqueness of all the parts in each individual moment.
    Okey doke. INFP.
    4w5 sp

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Care to explain? Interesting how the Catholic church is so important to all of these men.
    There was a discussion about Leon Bloy at the INFP forum, and almost everybody considered him an INFP. His manner of proclaiming his conviction in the Catholic faith seems compatible with Fi, especially considering his refusal to debate his opponents about his beliefs.

GK Chesterton I read as being listed as an Introverted Intuitive, and he certainly does not fit the profile of an INTJ. The mannerisms of his writings and what I've read about his personal life seem to confirm an INFJ personality; especially the famous stories about him being so absorbed in his own thoughts he'd missed the train.

Belloc was discussed here:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ghlight=belloc

Peguy's personal life also seems to protray an INFJness to him. In his translations of Peguy's poems, Julian Green mentioned that:
    "Peguy's reasoning goes from the particular to the general with a magnificent sweep which carries one along as only logic can do when it is enlivened by imagination. Its scope is boundless...It is strong, but not unbending, and it has a way of suddenly moving us almost to tears. The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing, wrote Pascal, and in Peguy it is not only the head but the heart that reasons, a hard head and a big, generous, human heart."
    Not only that, the way he handles his feelings for Blanche Raphael is very much in line with INFJ nature. He could've gotten a divorce easily, and his marriage wasnt a happy one. Yet he refused on principle to do that, and encouraged Blanche to marry another man.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

^ Can't say I disagree with these analyses.
    4w5 sp