Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Default The Chronicles of Narnia

Watched these movies the other day. Just wondering...

Peter- ESFP/ ESFJ ?
    Susan- INFJ ?
    Edmund- INTP ?
    Lucy- ENFJ maybe?

White Witch- ???
    Aslan- ENFJ/ INFJ ???
    Prince Caspian- ISFJ?
    Mr. Tumnus- ???

Whoever else you want to add...

I am talking about the most recent movies, as in the 2005 and 2008 releases, (by Disney and Walden Media, I believe).

The above are all guesses.

I want to revive this thread... Wondering about those characters. However, I am talking about the books. I only saw the movie "The lion, the witch and the wardrobe" and it followed the book almost completely.

In "The magician's nephew", both Uncle Andrew and the Witch are described as "dreadfully practical" - an epithet I would give to an xSTJ. I don't really know about the Witch, but Uncle Andrew is not...
    He's INTP - dreaming about glory, success and riches, associating with everything he sees, and not believing his senses when the Lion is singing.

Lion, witch and wardrobe:
    I don't know about Lucy. She's extremely honest. Eg. she knows if she would deny the land behind the wardrobe, all would be well; and she doesn't. I associate that to a Thinker, but I can be wrong here (I'm still new to typecasting).

There is one other character I'd like to typecast... Eustace Clarence Scrubb from "The voyage of the Dawn Treader", before transformation. He seems quite ESTJ to me.

Man of broken promises Array Cimarron's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Edmund was once bribed with food into betraying his brothers and sisters, I think. Maybe that's just because he was a kid, but...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

I don't remember the movies that well, but I'll try to do some typings off the books here:

Susan - ISFJ? Susan is kind of hard to type since she's portrayed pretty negatively in the books. She really becomes a wet blanket in the later ones, and is the character who's sort of anti-Narnia and anti-adventure, especially in the last book where she's described as only caring about clothes/makeup/etc. (In the movies her character is completely different).

Lucy - agree with ENFJ. Maybe ENFP. She's always looking out for other people, very caring, very idealistic.

Edmund - ENxP. He's kind of bratty as a kid (which probably has more to do with him being a kid than his type) but when he grows up he's very understanding of other people and has a kind of laidback, cavalier confidence about him

Peter - I guess I agree with ESFJ? He's hard to type since his character always seemed kind of bland.

White Witch - ENTJ

Aslan - agree with xNFJ

Prince Caspian - ExTP. He's very brave and heroic, but also brash and impulsive, especially in "Voyage of the Dawn Treader."

Eustace Clarence Scrubb - agree with STJ. I don't know if he's I or E.

Uncle Andrew as INTP is an interesting idea! I think it makes sense, especially taking his private experimentation and tinkering with magic into account.

Eustace: E! He's always telling everyone what "real ships" do look like etc. Nobody is responsive, so he takes on making a diary... but I think he wouldn't do that if he wasn't under stress.

Oh, Narnia!

I'm curious as to what people think too. My sis and I were just discussing the characters the other day. I think the book and movie versions are slightly different though.

I second Lucy as an ENFJ.
    Peter perhaps an ExFx (though he seems ESTP in the movie).
    Susan... ISFJ. I think.
    Edmund... is far more I in the movies than he is in the books. I think, NT though. As for J and P.. Hmm. I don't think he's an INTP though..
    Eustace, I'd say ESTJ, at least at the start of Dawn Treader.

Although, in the books at least, considering that we're typing children, (I imagine that their personalities are more established in the movies, since they're older) I suppose they might do things that might be 'out of character' were they older more mature types.

Also,
    White Witch, ENTJ.
    Trumpkin, ISTP.

Senior Member Array burymecloser's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Honestly, I don't think any of the Pevensies are described in enough depth to type them with any confidence. I suppose my best guess would put Lucy down as ENFx, Susan some sort of SJ, Peter maybe ENTJ. Scrubb strikes me as ISTJ. I'm curious why most people seem to be suggesting E for him. Even after his "transformation", he seems to have trouble using his Fe, and it's never apparent that he's a particularly social kid.

Aslan, really? Lewis' representation of God? Fine, if we want to go there, I think Aslan is NF. ENFJ, maybe.

It seems like The Horse and His Boy has more developed characters than most of the books in the series. With varying degrees of confidence...

Shasta - ENFP
    Aravis - INTx
    Bree - ENFP
    Hwin - IxFJ
    Cor - ENxP
    Rabadash - xSFP

Or maybe I'm just seeing ENFPs everywhere...

Anyone want to tackle Puddleglum? He's extraverted for a Marsh-Wiggle!

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I agree on Peter being an ENTJ. My original typing was way off.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I agree with the white witch as an ENTJ. I generally think that emotionally or generally manipulative misanthropists are... As for Eustace, I'd put him under ISTJ (First part, anyway). Hear me out on this one, for one, he's SJ which helps with his disbelief-unto-insanity deal. (I mean, think about it. Even if you were in his shoes, you'd probably say, "Hey this is a dream, might as well go along with it" at some point, you having read Dawn Treader aside.) He doesn't really seem to value other people, and his 'T' Axis?.. Well, Ts tend to be more rigid than Fs so hey, why not. In the second part, I'd say he's... ESFJ (I'm grasping here, he's much more notable as a jerk.) Either way, xSTJ. As for Aravis, her sneaky plots and ability to pull them off (In accordance to your analysis, anyway) seem to make her more of an INTJ, though due to her ability to both plan and pull them off, she might be an ESTP. Also, Puddleglum is traditionally typecast as an ISTJ (Or so I've read), Tumnus I'm inclined to typecast as an INFJ, he's practical due to his attempt at going with the incumbent regime in Narnia (I never said that practical was moral) but decidedly emotional. I mean, he breaks out in tears over the job he tried to take (Not that anyone with enough emotion wouldn't.) and intuitive because he values his relationship with Lucy significantly more than his life. (Granted, getting petrified is more like indefinite suspended animation, but getting your horns cut off has GOT to hurt like none other.)

Senior Member Array chihuahuasrluv's Avatar
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

Movie verse:
    Peter - ExTJ
    Susan - iSxJ
    Lucy - ENFx
    Caspian - EsFJ. The book version is intuitive though.
    Edmund - iNTp
    Jadis - xNTJ . Book version xstj.
    Aslan - ENTJ