• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Chronicles of Narnia

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Watched these movies the other day. Just wondering... :D

Peter- ESFP/ ESFJ ?
Susan- INFJ ?
Edmund- INTP ?
Lucy- ENFJ maybe?

White Witch- ???
Aslan- ENFJ/ INFJ ???
Prince Caspian- ISFJ?
Mr. Tumnus- ???

Whoever else you want to add...

I am talking about the most recent movies, as in the 2005 and 2008 releases, (by Disney and Walden Media, I believe).

The above are all guesses.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I want to revive this thread... Wondering about those characters. However, I am talking about the books. I only saw the movie "The lion, the witch and the wardrobe" and it followed the book almost completely.

In "The magician's nephew", both Uncle Andrew and the Witch are described as "dreadfully practical" - an epithet I would give to an xSTJ. I don't really know about the Witch, but Uncle Andrew is not...
He's INTP - dreaming about glory, success and riches, associating with everything he sees, and not believing his senses when the Lion is singing.

Lion, witch and wardrobe:
I don't know about Lucy. She's extremely honest. Eg. she knows if she would deny the land behind the wardrobe, all would be well; and she doesn't. I associate that to a Thinker, but I can be wrong here (I'm still new to typecasting).

There is one other character I'd like to typecast... Eustace Clarence Scrubb from "The voyage of the Dawn Treader", before transformation. He seems quite ESTJ to me.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Edmund was once bribed with food into betraying his brothers and sisters, I think. Maybe that's just because he was a kid, but...

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't remember the movies that well, but I'll try to do some typings off the books here:

Susan - ISFJ? Susan is kind of hard to type since she's portrayed pretty negatively in the books. She really becomes a wet blanket in the later ones, and is the character who's sort of anti-Narnia and anti-adventure, especially in the last book where she's described as only caring about clothes/makeup/etc. (In the movies her character is completely different).

Lucy - agree with ENFJ. Maybe ENFP. She's always looking out for other people, very caring, very idealistic.

Edmund - ENxP. He's kind of bratty as a kid (which probably has more to do with him being a kid than his type) but when he grows up he's very understanding of other people and has a kind of laidback, cavalier confidence about him

Peter - I guess I agree with ESFJ? He's hard to type since his character always seemed kind of bland.

White Witch - ENTJ

Aslan - agree with xNFJ

Prince Caspian - ExTP. He's very brave and heroic, but also brash and impulsive, especially in "Voyage of the Dawn Treader."

Eustace Clarence Scrubb - agree with STJ. I don't know if he's I or E.

Uncle Andrew as INTP is an interesting idea! I think it makes sense, especially taking his private experimentation and tinkering with magic into account.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Eustace: E! He's always telling everyone what "real ships" do look like etc. Nobody is responsive, so he takes on making a diary... but I think he wouldn't do that if he wasn't under stress.

elehci

MBTI Type
intj
Oh, Narnia!

I'm curious as to what people think too. My sis and I were just discussing the characters the other day. I think the book and movie versions are slightly different though.

I second Lucy as an ENFJ.
Peter perhaps an ExFx (though he seems ESTP in the movie).
Susan... ISFJ. I think.
Edmund... is far more I in the movies than he is in the books. I think, NT though. As for J and P.. Hmm. I don't think he's an INTP though..
Eustace, I'd say ESTJ, at least at the start of Dawn Treader.

Although, in the books at least, considering that we're typing children, (I imagine that their personalities are more established in the movies, since they're older) I suppose they might do things that might be 'out of character' were they older more mature types.

Also,
White Witch, ENTJ.
Trumpkin, ISTP.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Honestly, I don't think any of the Pevensies are described in enough depth to type them with any confidence. I suppose my best guess would put Lucy down as ENFx, Susan some sort of SJ, Peter maybe ENTJ. Scrubb strikes me as ISTJ. I'm curious why most people seem to be suggesting E for him. Even after his "transformation", he seems to have trouble using his Fe, and it's never apparent that he's a particularly social kid.

Aslan, really? Lewis' representation of God? Fine, if we want to go there, I think Aslan is NF. ENFJ, maybe.

It seems like The Horse and His Boy has more developed characters than most of the books in the series. With varying degrees of confidence...

Shasta - ENFP
Aravis - INTx
Bree - ENFP
Hwin - IxFJ
Cor - ENxP
Rabadash - xSFP

Or maybe I'm just seeing ENFPs everywhere...

Anyone want to tackle Puddleglum? He's extraverted for a Marsh-Wiggle!

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I agree with the white witch as an ENTJ. I generally think that emotionally or generally manipulative misanthropists are... As for Eustace, I'd put him under ISTJ (First part, anyway). Hear me out on this one, for one, he's SJ which helps with his disbelief-unto-insanity deal. (I mean, think about it. Even if you were in his shoes, you'd probably say, "Hey this is a dream, might as well go along with it" at some point, you having read Dawn Treader aside.) He doesn't really seem to value other people, and his 'T' Axis?.. Well, Ts tend to be more rigid than Fs so hey, why not. In the second part, I'd say he's... ESFJ (I'm grasping here, he's much more notable as a jerk.) Either way, xSTJ. As for Aravis, her sneaky plots and ability to pull them off (In accordance to your analysis, anyway) seem to make her more of an INTJ, though due to her ability to both plan and pull them off, she might be an ESTP. Also, Puddleglum is traditionally typecast as an ISTJ (Or so I've read), Tumnus I'm inclined to typecast as an INFJ, he's practical due to his attempt at going with the incumbent regime in Narnia (I never said that practical was moral) but decidedly emotional. I mean, he breaks out in tears over the job he tried to take (Not that anyone with enough emotion wouldn't.) and intuitive because he values his relationship with Lucy significantly more than his life. (Granted, getting petrified is more like indefinite suspended animation, but getting your horns cut off has GOT to hurt like none other.)

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Movie verse:
Peter - ExTJ
Susan - iSxJ
Lucy - ENFx
Caspian - EsFJ. The book version is intuitive though.
Edmund - iNTp
Jadis - xNTJ . Book version xstj.
Aslan - ENTJ

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Movie verse:
Peter - ExTJ
Susan - iSxJ
Lucy - ENFx
Caspian - EsFJ. The book version is intuitive though.
Edmund - iNTp
Jadis - xNTJ . Book version xstj.
Aslan - ENTJ

elehci

MBTI Type
intj
Peter confuses me. I can't tell what type he is, because he seems to project different vibes at different points in time.

And Caspian! I really liked the book version, who was definitely intuitive. The movie version's sensing though. Lucy seems to be ENFJ to me, and Susan ISTJ (though ISxJ works..)

I'm quite sure Edmund's introverted. As for the J/P part of it, I'm not sure. He doesn't say much, but he doesn't seem sufficiently easygoing to be a P. A fair number of movie Edmund's comments are fairly sarcastic and a result of his impatience/ annoyance with the people around him.

Book Edmund's chattier than his screen version though.

As for Aslan, why ENTJ? (Just curious!)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Reepicheep - ESfJ (no offense Oberon)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Peter: ISTJ 9w8 So/Sp
Edmond: ESFP 7w8 Sx/So or Sx/Sp
Susan: I??J 9w1 Sp/Sx
Lucy: INFP 7w8 Sx/Sp
Aslan: INFJ 8w9 Sx/So
The Witch: INTJ 8w7 Sx/Sp
Eustace: ENTJ 3w4 Sp/Sx
Prince Caspian: ENFJ 1w? So/Sx

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eustace Clarence Scrubb: ESTJ. 1w2, so/sp

Apart from Eustace, who is one of the few characters who stands out instead of going along with everything and is given some characterization, it's difficult to type the Narnia characters because not much focus is given to their individual temperaments and behaviors. Edmund and Puddleglum are a couple other exceptions to this.

My guesses, from the books:

Lucy: ENFP 9w1-2w1-7w6 so/sx or sx/so
Edmund: ISTP 7w8-8w9-4w3 sp/sx
Susan: ISFJ 1w9-3w4-6w5 so/sp
Peter: ExTJ 6w7-8w9-3w2 sx/so?
Mr. Tumnus: IxFP 9w1-7w6 sx/so
The White Witch/Jadis: eNTJ 8w7-3w4-5w4 sp/sx
Aslan: INFJ 8w9-2w1-6w7 sx/so
Mr. Beaver: ESTP 7w6 sx/sp?
Mrs. Beaver: ESFJ 2w1 so/sp

Prince Caspian: I could see INFJ, I guess, but I don't remember much compared to the movie version, who seemed xSFP. 6w7-1w9-3w2 so/sx
Badger: INFJ from what I remember. 2w1-6w5-9w1 sx/sp
Trumpkin: xSTP 8w9-5w6
Miraz: xxTJ 8 sp/so
Reepicheep: ESFP 3w4-1w9-7w8 sx/so

Drinian: ISTj 6w5-8w9 sp/so

Jill Pole: ???? I always found her to be the most difficult to pin down of all the protagonists.
Puddleglum: INTP 6w5-9w8-4w5 sp/so
Prince Rilian: IxfP 9w1 sx/sp?

Shasta: ISFP 9w1 sx/sp
Bree: ESTP 8w7 sp/sx
Aravis: INTx 5w6-8w7-3w4 sp/sx
Hwin: ISFJ 6w5-2w1-9w1

Digory Kirke: ISTP or INFJ (Ni/Ti, I seem to remember) 8w9-6w5-1w9 sx/sp?
Polly Plummer: ESFJ 6w7-2w1-9w1 so/sx?
Uncle Andrew: xNTP 5w6-4w3-9w8 sp/so

Tirian: INFJ 1w9-6w5-4w5 sx/so
Jewel: ESFP 8w7-3w4-1w9 sx/sp
Shift: ENTP 3w2-8w7-5w6 so/sp
Puzzle: ISFP 9w1-6w7-2w1 so/sp

rbpoe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Peter-ESTJ
Susan-ISFJ
Edmund-INTP/INFP, definetly not sensing, espetially in movies...
Lucy-ENFP
Aslan-ENFJ
Eustace-ESFx
Reepicheep-ENFJ
Caspian-ESTJ
Digory-INTJ
Helen (mother)-ExFJ
Shift-ENTP (books only)
Puzzle-ISFP (books only)
Jadis-ESTJ
For others I am not sure...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Peter-ESTJ
Susan-ISFJ
Edmund-INTP/INFP, definetly not sensing, espetially in movies...
Lucy-ENFP
Aslan-ENFJ
Eustace-ESFx
Reepicheep-ENFJ
Caspian-ESTJ
Digory-INTJ
Helen (mother)-ExFJ
Shift-ENTP (books only)
Puzzle-ISFP (books only)
Jadis-ESTJ
For others I am not sure...

you think Edmond is an introvert? he seems like your archytypical impulsive ESxP to me

rbpoe

MBTI Type
INFJ
you think Edmond is an introvert? he seems like your archytypical impulsive ESxP to me

He is quiet, independent, likes to be left alone (particularly in movies, but also in books) and doesn't like to be commanded. It's very I personality. Most people thinks that he is I (in forums).
Also, he can't be S, because he is original (not ordinary), future oriented, idealist (LWW, remember the reason of so-called treason-he wanted to be a king!!), doesn't want to be like others, likes things that are new and different... I know that most people on forums thinks that he is S, but I strongly disagree with that.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He is quiet,
doesn't seem like it to me (maybe he's different in the books)

independent
like many extroverts

likes to be left alone (particularly in movies, but also in books) and doesn't like to be commanded.
7w8

It's very I personality. Most people thinks that he is I (in forums).
Also, he can't be S, because he is original (not ordinary),
ridiculous. S =/= ordinary.

future oriented, idealist (LWW, remember the reason of so-called treason-he wanted to be a king!!), doesn't want to be like others, like things that are new and different... I know that most people on forums thinks that he is S, but I strongly disagree with that.
again, enneagram 7, and introverted feeling (ESFP's second function)