• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

George W Bush

soakupthegame

MBTI Type
xNTx
Enneagram
DUMB...but from the article analysis we'll go with ESTJ.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have seen him typed as ISTJ, ISFJ, ISFP, ESTJ and maybe ESTJ.

That article makes him seem like the kinda guy you could get along with. And an ESTJ or maybe an ESFJ.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Ben Feller said:
Bush demands punctuality and disdains inefficiency. Every meeting better have a clear purpose. And it better not repeat what he already knows.

I see where the idea of ESTJ can come from.
However, I think this could be behavior of an ESTP too.
Why should he be forced to go to a meeting if it's unimportant?
He could be doing things his own way instead.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Funny how other world leaders are pretty evidently a certain type (Bill Clinton: ESFP, Tony Blair: ENFJ) but no one can really agree on Bush. The article suggests that his public image doesn't completely match up with his true personality. Maybe that is why he is difficult to type.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I love how Tony Blair tells Jon Stewart on the Daily Show that he actually likes Bush personally, and Jon says, "Yeah, I'd probably like him too...if he wasn't in charge of me!"

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
George W. Bush is a model ISTP.

Place an ISTP in front of the world, require of him both tact and polish, and you will have a man who forgets how to talk.

Put an ISTP in his element, and you have what was taped here.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
George W. Bush is a model ISTP.

Place an ISTP in front of the world, require of him both tact and polish, and you will have a man who forgets how to talk.

Put an ISTP in his element, and you have what was taped here.

Nah, Bush is not an introvert.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I'd guess ISTP with an Oedipus Complex to boot. ;)

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
One could probably find copious evidence for him being almost any type, but the Economist is probably one of the best newspapers around, and they make him sound ESFJ.
Assessing the Bush years | The frat boy ships out | The Economist

From the article:

"Mr Bush is a convert to an evangelical Christianity that emphasises emotion—particularly the intensely emotional experience of being born again—over ratiocination."

"Ron Suskind, a journalist, has argued that Mr Bush created a “faith-based presidency” in which decisions, precisely because they were based on faith, could not be revised subsequently."

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Also, what about Cheney's type?

"Mr Bush relied heavily on a small inner core of advisers. The most important of these was Dick Cheney, who quickly became the most powerful vice-president in American history. Mr Cheney used his mastery of bureaucracy to fill the administration with his protégés and to control the flow of information to the president. He pushed Mr Bush forcefully to the right on everything from global warming to the invasion of Iraq; he also fought ruthlessly to expand the power of the executive branch, which he thought had been dangerously restricted since Watergate."

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Also, what about Cheney's type?

"Mr Bush relied heavily on a small inner core of advisers. The most important of these was Dick Cheney, who quickly became the most powerful vice-president in American history. Mr Cheney used his mastery of bureaucracy to fill the administration with his protégés and to control the flow of information to the president. He pushed Mr Bush forcefully to the right on everything from global warming to the invasion of Iraq; he also fought ruthlessly to expand the power of the executive branch, which he thought had been dangerously restricted since Watergate."

Cheney? INTJ?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
My vote is that Cheney is either an INTJ or ENTJ- one of your typical neo-con Rationals (which believe it or not liberals, there are a lot of them!!).