• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

George W Bush

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
My vote is that Cheney is either an INTJ or ENTJ- one of your typical neo-con Rationals (which believe it or not liberals, there are a lot of them!!).

The reason I said he was I instead of E was because he usually tends to stay out of the public limelight even though he was really controlling Bush (and the nation) more than Bush himself.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow. The guesses are all over the place on his type. Untypeable perhaps? All I know is that he is really funny.

George W. Bush is a model ISTP.

Place an ISTP in front of the world, require of him both tact and polish, and you will have a man who forgets how to talk.

Put an ISTP in his element, and you have what was taped here.

lol too funny and I agree.

I'm thinking he's a J though. ISTJ, maybe?

Edit: On second thought, after watching that video, I think you are right. lol

ISTP

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Edit: On second thought, after watching that video, you might be right. lol

Nah, he was drunk when he did that. You can't judge him based on that state.

He's ES_J.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
*quote about demanding punctuality etc.*

I see where the idea of ESTJ can come from.
However, I think this could be behavior of an ESTP too.
Why should he be forced to go to a meeting if it's unimportant?
He could be doing things his own way instead.
It's very easy for a P to demand J-style behavior of others. It really makes it easier for anyone in a management position (even President) to get done what they need done.

Still ESTP by my eyes.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP

I’ll try to make a case for the underdog pick, even though I originally thought of Bush as an ESTJ. ISFP actually might not be that far-fetched. If you break it down and apply function theory, you can see the Fi (ISFP) in Bush’s “ideological government”; e.g., his intractable view of the Iraq War as morally correct. What looks like hardcore decisive J tunnel vision could instead be tied to Fi personal conviction. And looking at parts of his bio, his termperament seems more hedonist SP than SJ. Not that I’m losing a lot of sleep over it one way or the other, mind you.

Btw has anyone seen Oliver Stone’s movie “W”? What type does Bush look like in that?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nah, he was drunk when he did that. You can't judge him based on that state.

Surely you're kidding? He's non-stop comedy gold, sober or drunk. I'm going to miss him for that. :cry:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Surely you're kidding? He's non-stop comedy gold, sober or drunk. I'm going to miss him for that. :cry:

No I'm not kidding, he seemed inebriated during the interview. Thing is I've heard people call him very punctual (a very J quality). But at the same time, he displays many laid-back P qualities. I'm basing it off of what I've heard.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[youtube=9Dze1ZKf_G0]YouTube - Funny Bush Moments[/youtube]

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Funny how other world leaders are pretty evidently a certain type (Bill Clinton: ESFP, Tony Blair: ENFJ) but no one can really agree on Bush. The article suggests that his public image doesn't completely match up with his true personality. Maybe that is why he is difficult to type.

I disagree that Clinton’s "pretty evidently" an ESFP. He’s an ENFP. Reportedly, he’s actually taken the test and come out as that. Definitely more N than S, that guy.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I disagree that Clinton’s "pretty evidently" an ESFP. He’s an ENFP. Reportedly, he’s actually taken the test and come out as that. Definitely more N than S, that guy.

Is he really F? That's just slightly surprising to me.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read that article a few days ago and it just confirmed my opinion of Bush as an ENTJ. He is most assuredly not the genial idiot he pretends to be in public. He has a preference for order, punctuality and executive control (Te), and can be quite detached and ruthless when he's in full Extraverted Thinking mode.

His N preference is quite obvious really, when you listen to his vague and abstract meanderings. He is really, really uninterested (and therefore hopeless) with detail. I'm sure that his N is so strong he won't even listen if someone goes into too much detail (this is sort of mentioned in the article.)

His Ni is what allows him to "ask questions that get right to the nub of a sticky issue". Unfortunately, too much reliance on his N has caused him to continually overlook or discount important details relating to his policies, such as the amount of resistance he was likely to encounter in Iraq. Unremitting N can also lead to a certain smugness or arrogance in a person; a sort of "I know best" attitude (which is compounded by his dominant Te). I see this side of Bush a lot when he tries to explain or justify his policies.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yeah, Clinton is quite a strong ENFP idealist underneath.
If true, and it might be (I refuse to psychoanalyze him, I'd throw up), certain choices of his would be very true to type. The chasing of ideals, and the ignorance of Federal law whenever it interfered with one of his notions.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If true, and it might be (I refuse to psychoanalyze him, I'd throw up), certain choices of his would be very true to type. The chasing of ideals, and the ignorance of Federal law whenever it interfered with one of his notions.

Quite. He was also notoriously late for everything (like most of my many ENFP friends), causing his aides to create the concept of "Clinton Time".

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And Hilary also reportedly took the test and came out INTJ, which makes them a classic NF/NT pairing.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
George W. Bush: ESFJ, ESTJ, or other?

I had always instinctively typed him as ESTJ but recently I've watched some of his old speeches (mostly for comedic value) and he seems potentially ESFJ.

I'm guessing that his "gee shucks down home southahn boy who's real in touch with the roots of the average American blue collar everyman" thing is at least partially an act, and I suspect that not all of his public speaking blunders are totally unintentional.

His ability to assume this persona in order to play on the emotions of others to gain their political support seems like it might indicate strong Fe.

Discuss.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As far as I know Bush is an ESTP.

Se,Ti,Fe,Ni
(if we presume that function models are correct)

He looks a way to lost and childlish to be a J. So I think that if he looks J that is mostly because of has has to look like J.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I think he is an ESTP too.

He wasn't too concerned about being facetious and making an ass out of himself (mugging for the camera, etc)

An ESxJ President would be mortified of that.