First 12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

SP artists are more imitative, though. Their art is more reality-based, not fantasy. So, I don't really consider it creative. SP art would also be the kind where you splash paint on the canvas, like Jackson Pollack. And I don't really think that should be considered art.

When an SP is creative and finds a new way of doing things, it's more likely by accident, so to speak.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    SP artists are more imitative, though. Their art is more reality-based, not fantasy. So, I don't really consider it creative. SP art would also be the kind where you splash paint on the canvas, like Jackson Pollack. And I don't really think that should be considered art.

When an SP is creative and finds a new way of doing things, it's more likely by accident, so to speak.
    I don't think this is true at all. The creativity might be more concrete in nature, but not any less creative. Intuitive types certainly don't have the market on creativity cornered and the Artisans generally are going to have the edge on executing the ideas they get.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Executing your own ideas sounds more like Extraverted Intuition to me, and this function fits with creative imagination. Since it's outwardly directed, it means it's expressive, so I would expect this to be the function of artists (of fantasy or surrealistic themes), inventors, and actors (by which I mean good actors who can actually impersonate imaginary characters).

Extraverted Sensation is directed in the outer world, as well, but takes the form of physical activities such as competitive sports, exploring, and seeking adventure. By itself, this function has no interest in changing or creating, but merely adapting to the changes and creations in the external environment. The Se type is more inclined to discover new ways of doing things but doesn't consciously try to invent.

ENxPs aren't witty, clever, or good in academia unless backed up with a strong Ti function. ENxPs are good at coming up with ideas and seek to apply them in the real world, but generally with little concern for practicality and safety unless a developed judgment function can stabilize that tendency. ESxPs are merely adaptable to new ideas.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

ENxPs aren't witty, clever, or good in academia unless backed up with a strong Ti function.
    So basically you are saying that what makes an ENxP witty, clever and good in academia is that he has a strong Ti and is therefore an ENTP. I agree that is exactly what an ENTP looks like. Although I've known and seen plenty of ENFP's that can fit that description too. Developing Ti is important, but it doesn't have to be developed to an exceptional extent since Ne does most of the work.

Since Tim Taylor doesn't fit the description of witty, clever, or good in academia, we must conclude he is actually an ESTP and not ENTP.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Tim: ESFP

I don't have any concrete reasoning to back it up at this time.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Does anyone think he's an ENTP?

TypeLogic says ESFP, but I say differently. He has Ne written all over him; he's always trying to improve everything but fails to consider more practical consequences, such as safety. He is also quick with witticisms, which is often the hallmark of ENTPs.
    "AAAAARRRRUUUU".
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    He certainly is a tool.
    Haha!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!