• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Celebrity Type List (Merged)

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Eddie Izzard: ENTP would be my guess.

REMOVES: Maggie Gyllenhaal (ESTP)

ADDS: Bille Joe Armstrong (ENTP)
Christopher Walken (ISTP)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
How about Bill Cosby for male ESFJ?

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've added Izzard to the list. In fact my default (although not my reason behind typing him this way) type for any stand-up comedian would be ENTP.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Some great catches here. However:

...Is an _NFP if I ever saw one.

Also - I'm wondering if anyone has considered Dylan Moran's (the Irish comedian) type?

Fair enough with Jake Gyllenhaal (CHANGES to ENFP)

Now that you mention it, he's always struck me as a mopey ENFP, not an INFP.

As for the comic, hmm...will need a YouTube refresher on him!

Shot in the dark: stand-up= ENTP!

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I know quite a few UK stand-ups personally and off-stage they are all across the board I's, not E's.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Out of curiosity, what are your reasons for Neil Diamond being INFP?

(Also, I gave you a male ESFJ!
)

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Fair enough with Jake Gyllenhaal (CHANGES to ENFP)

Now that you mention it, he's always struck me as a mopey ENFP, not an INFP.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought so :)

Dylan Moran seems ENTP: YouTube - Dylan Moran on Germany :)

Not really well-known enough to add to the list however.

You'd be wrong there - he's a very popular comedian, just more famous in the UK and Aus than the US, I think.
(You should check him out - trust me, you won't be disappointed!)

I'm sure he's a 'T', and the insights hidden in some of his wit seem very 'N'. I'd wager 'P' is correct due to his awesome ability to flake the hell out during his comedy - but I'm uncertain of the I/E.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You'd be wrong there - he's a very popular comedian, just more famous in the UK and Aus than the US, I think.
(You should check him out - trust me, you won't be disappointed!)

I'm sure he's a 'T', and the insights hidden in some of his wit seem very 'N'. I'd wager 'P' is correct due to his awesome ability to flake the hell out during his comedy - but I'm uncertain of the I/E.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dylan Moran. I checked him out on YouTube to refresh my memory however. Black Books was a really good show and was he in Shaun of the Dead? I also enjoy his stand-up. I'd be willing to add him if we could agree on his type. xNTP. He may be Extraverted, but he may be putting it on for his act. I bet in person he's pretty introverted. YEt he doesn't come across as any INTP I know. So I still say ENTP, but I'll need backup on that point I think.

Also, Aussies seem to love British/Irish stand-ups, maybe a shared sense of culture/humour?

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Don't get me wrong, I love Dylan Moran. I checked him out on YouTube to refresh my memory however. Black Books was a really good show and was he in Shaun of the Dead? I also enjoy his stand-up. I'd be willing to add him if we could agree on his type. xNTP. He may be Extraverted, but he may be putting it on for his act. I bet in person he's pretty introverted. YEt he doesn't come across as any INTP I know. So I still say ENTP, but I'll need backup on that point I think.

Also, Aussies seem to love British/Irish stand-ups, maybe a shared sense of culture/humour?

Agreed on all points. I also get the sense that he's actually an introvert minus on-stage persona (which would explain why he often seems tanked when onstage - has to build the illusion of extroversion, lol) but am uncertain how to back up that idea.

(And - definitely. Our collective cultural idea of 'funny' tends to be a lot darker than what I notice of American humour. Something to do with taking ourselves less seriously...? Perhaps.)

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I keep seeing her typed as ESTP on forums.

Ah. Probably right.

Big adds here people:

ADDS: Jennifer Lopez (ESTP)
Benicio del Toro (ISFP)
Tom Jones (ESFP)
Daniel Day-Lewis (INFP)
Christina Aguilera (ISFP)
Charlize Theron (ESTP)
Jeremy Irons (ISTP)
Joseph Fiennes (INFP)
James Blunt (INFP)
Mickey Rourke (ESTP)