• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Celebrity Type List (Merged)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well there's enough contention to justify removing Ewan McGregor altogether, but why do I get the sneaking suspicion that you are tearing apart this thread one celeb at a time Jack?
You and Edgar disagreed on McGregor, I watched the documentary and stated my opinion. I, F, and P were rather consistent individually, and I eventually decided the ISFP temperament fit better than INFP. I don't disagree with all your types, nor do I have any desire to disagree just for the sake of it.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think it's interesting how the less obvious types to become actors/pop stars often were child stars. These types had less drive to be entertainers and they didn't really know what they wanted in their lives, but their parents push them into it... Then as adults, they find that they like it or it's something that they know they can do so they stick with it or it's just easier for them to stay in showbusiness...

Eg:

Sarah Michelle Gellar (ESTJ)
Scarlet Johansson (ESTP)
Bruce Willis (ESTP)
Michael & Janet Jackson (ISFP)
Christian Bale (ISTP)
Maty-Kate Olsen (INTP)
Jodie Foster (INTJ)
Jennifer Connelly (INFJ)
Drew Barrymore (ENFP) (Okay she's maybe anomolous)

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You and Edgar disagreed on McGregor, I watched the documentary and stated my opinion. I, F, and P were rather consistent individually, and I eventually decided the ISFP temperament fit better than INFP. I don't disagree with all your types, nor do I have any desire to disagree just for the sake of it.

Okey doke. If more people come forward in support of him being an ISFP I will have to add him in that category.

Support for ENFP:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru.../1098-brainstorming-famous-peoples-types.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/arts-entertainment/8605-long-way-round.html
Me
sytpg

ISFP:
Jack Flak
Edgar

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what about stephen colbert?
entp?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okey doke. If more people come forward in support of him being an ISFP I will have to add him in that category.

Support for ENFP:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru.../1098-brainstorming-famous-peoples-types.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/arts-entertainment/8605-long-way-round.html
Me

ISFP:
Jack Flak
Edgar

This is silly. Typology is not a democracy. Someone doesn't become an ISFP or ENFP just because a bunch of people claim he is one.

You used the same approach while typing Vin Diesel as ISFJ -- it doesn't work that way.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

Yeah it was tough for me to pinpoint S and N for a while too, but I went with S because he seemed to be more in tune with his S than N (things like trying out the nastiest foods when others backed down, not minding the physical pain because he liked to ride the motorcycle so much, etc).

I'm guessing he probably has a soft S (i.e. he is close to N)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
This is silly. Typology is not a democracy. Someone doesn't become an ISFP or ENFP just because a bunch of people claim he is one.

You used the same approach while typing Vin Diesel as ISFJ -- it doesn't work that way.

Agreed. Typology is about who's right and it's clear I'm right about Ewan.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Agreed. Typology is about who's right and it's clear I'm right about Ewan.

People who have nothing to back up their assertions like to use words like "clear" and "obvious" ;)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
People who have nothing to back up their assertions like to use words like "clear" and "obvious" ;)

People who don't acknowledge other people's evidence like to use expressions like "back up" and "prove". ;)

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
People who don't acknowledge other people's evidence like to use expressions like "back up" and "prove". ;)

Pointing to the sky and saying "Look, it's green!" is not evidence.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Pointing to the sky and saying "Look, it's green!" is not evidence.

Neither is pointing to the sky and saying "It's red" proof that it's not green :tongue:

I don't know what makes you believe he's not an E. He enjoys the company of people and is an initiator in the Long Way Down/Round. N is tougher to prove but I see N in some of the interviews. I'll admit I have a tough time with S/N so I could agree with ESFP. But I just don't see that I.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Neither is pointing to the sky and saying "It's red" proof that it's not green :tongue:

I don't know what makes you believe he's not an E. He enjoys the company of people and is an initiator in the Long Way Down/Round. N is tougher to prove but I see N in some of the interviews. I'll admit I have a tough time with S/N so I could agree with ESFP. But I just don't see that I.

He enjoys small, intimate company of people. He preferred to keep his journey discreet and he got upset whenever the local authorities tried to make a big deal out of his arrival. He was also uneasy when people wanted to take pictures of him (when he stayed over that "gangster's" house for example). There was also that time when the Siberian expert flat out told him he couldn't make his planned trip, but Ewan didn't say anything, and instead complained privately to his friend, etc, etc. Yes, he did a lot of initiating, but he was the star of the documentary, not to mention the fact that his friend and a cameraman were also introverts.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
He enjoys small, intimate company of people. He preferred to keep his journey discreet and he got upset whenever the local authorities tried to make a big deal out of his arrival. He was also uneasy when people wanted to take pictures of him (when he stayed over that "gangster's" house for example).

I'm an E and hate people taking my pictures. There are a lot of stars that bask in the glory of...well, being a star, part of the time, but still like their privacy. He didn't want to be regarded as a star in that trip. I think it was a very conscious effort on his part. He also didn't want his little girls being filmed in either show.

There was also that time when the Siberian expert flat out told him he couldn't make his planned trip, but Ewan didn't say anything, and instead complained privately to his friend, etc, etc.

He didn't want to disrupt the spirit of harmony of the trip. He was adamant to not disrespect any locals during both trips, even when he thought their ways were strange.

Yes, he did a lot of initiating, but he was the star of the documentary, not to mention the fact that his friend and a cameraman were also introverts.

Charlie is an I? He's even more E than Ewan!He poses for the camera when he's riding his bike and is very talkative.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ADDS: Hugh Laurie (ENTP)

A good reason for this list is it is a useful compilation of data. For example, until you see all those names listed in the same place (see page 1), you never expect so many ENTPs to have risen to the top of the showbiz industry.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
DN's Celebrity Type List III

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/12423-dn-s-celebrity-type-list.html
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/12424-dn-s-celebrity-type-list-ii.html

Feel free to make suggestions. :)

ESTJ
Sarah Michelle Gellar

ESTP
Scarlett Johansson
Meat Loaf
Jack Nicholson
Bruce Willis
Hugh Hefner
Axl Rose
Simon Cowell

ESFJ