• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Celebrity Type List (Merged)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I thought the point of your little scheme was to create something different from all the websites with type listings.

?

It's not uncommon though, for good intentions like those to become quickly forgotten when one runs into the complications of execution. Hence my neverending supply of pessimism...

Not necessarily. There are good sites out there for typings.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Not necessarily. There are good sites out there for typings.
So many websites list dubious typings of popular figures. Often they are the opinion of one person alone. Or they lack comprehension, omitting obvious examples of a type. I suggest that we create a database of commonly agreed popular figures' types here. Feel free to post suggestions to help me compile it.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
^ Not contradictory. There are good typing sites out there, and bad ones. And even bad ones can get some things right.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
^ Not contradictory. There are good typing sites out there, and bad ones. And even bad ones can get some things right.
Those two posts aren't technically contradictory, but your intent and execution are worlds apart. Not that one method is superior to another per se. I was only curious how you were deriving certain types at the moment.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Those two posts aren't technically contradictory, but your intent and execution are worlds apart. Not that one method is superior to another per se. I was only curious how you were deriving certain types at the moment.

Well I thought that Hugh as ESTP was too good a typing to overlook!

ADDS: Sean Connery: ENFJ

Last edited:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I just watched The Long Way Around because it sounded interesting, and I agree with Edgar's assessment. McGregor is most likely ISFP.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ADDS:
Gregory Peck (INTP)
Mary-Kate Olsen (INTP)
Sacha Baron Cohen (ENTP)

REMOVES: Ewan McGregor (ENFP)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You guys are on crack. Ewan's an ENFP. If anything else, a ESFP. I watched both the Long Way Down and the Long Way Round myself and apart from a few offbeat camera diary moments that might have skewed your judgement I can't imagine what else leads to believe otherwise.

Watch that clip of when he went to that Scottish guy's american tv show (forgot the the name). I challenge you to label him as ISFP then.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You guys are on crack. Ewan's an ENFP. If anything else, a ESFP. I watched both the Long Way Down and the Long Way Round myself and apart from a few offbeat camera diary moments that might have skewed your judgement I can't imagine what else leads to believe otherwise.

Watch that clip of when he went to that Scottish guy's american tv show (forgot the the name). I challenge you to label him as ISFP then.

I'd lost all hope. Thank you for restoring it.

REINSTATES: Ewan McGregor (ENFP)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

Yeah, Craig Ferguson is ENFP, and here's something maybe you don't know: Ewan McGregor is a compulsive mimic.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yeah, Craig Ferguson is ENFP, and here's something maybe you don't know: Ewan McGregor is a compulsive mimic.

Hmmm...is mimicking some kind of ISFP trait? I actually do that a lot, myself.

And actually, in that clip, I'd say their humour was on the same wavelength.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Hmmm...is mimicking some kind of ISFP trait? I actually do that a lot, myself.

And actually, in that clip, I'd say their humour was on the same wavelength.
I don't believe mimicry is specifically an ISFP trait. I do it too.

I noticed in Long Way Round that McGregor adopts the accent and speech pattern of whomever he's talking to.

Which is why I think it's plausible he was mirroring Ferguson, appearing "ENFP."

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't believe mimicry is specifically an ISFP trait. I do it too.

I noticed in Long Way Round that McGregor adopts the accent and speech pattern of whomever he's talking to.

Which is why I think it's plausible he was mirroring Ferguson, appearing "ENFP."

Well there's enough contention to justify removing Ewan McGregor altogether, but why do I get the sneaking suspicion that you are tearing apart this thread one celeb at a time Jack?