User Tag List

First 414950515253 Last

Results 501 to 510 of 544

  1. #501
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I see your "N" is your blind spot when it comes to observing people physically. No offense, but an "N" going up against an "S" in noticing details wouldn't be exactly credible.
    Let's not counter one sweeping generalization with another sweeping generalization. I could match any SJ in working with details. I just find details alone boring and uninspiring.

  2. #502
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Let's not counter one sweeping generalization with another sweeping generalization. I could match any SJ with details. I just find details alone boring and uninspiring.
    Well INFJs are very detail-oriented, in my experience.

    I agree with you that I shouldn't have generalized, though. I guess I was just frustrated by someone bossing me around. I will leave the conversation alone now.

  3. #503
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    This isn't a science experiment or a philosophical argument. I don't have to have merit to prove everything I say. What I said was my opinion. What I would say to your friend being nothing like I describe, I would say you don't know the whole person 100%, nor are you picking up on the visual cues I am seeing. A person has to be extremely detail-oriented to pick up on a lot of what I notice about faces/expressions/people.

    I see your "N" is your blind spot when it comes to observing people physically. No offense, but an "N" going up against an "S" in noticing details wouldn't be exactly credible. My mind is very changeable; I don't just judge someone and then feel the information I accumulate is then somehow written in stone from that point on. On the contrary, I take a first, second, third (and on) impression of someone and continuously gather information. I look at extremely subtle visual cues in all kinds of areas and couple the things I notice with what I know about how someone moves, talks, acts, and add those
    things to biographical information when I type, whenever possible.
    i see N/S difference as abstract versus concrete thoughts or put differently reading between the lines and reading as is. i'm not saying either is a bad thing; balance is important. what i am saying is that you take what is written about S without a grain of salt... and it just doesn't work that way. there are countless differences, details and unknown entities that neither of us know about in the human mind. therefore, reading descriptions to a T won't help you, since it may not reflect how things actually are, thus leaving the description to be inaccurate.

    as for detailing... i would like to test this. honestly, i don't think that N/S difference comes down to paying attention to detail. i pay great attention to much detailing, otherwise i would not be able to analyze it for future use. that's another thing: analysis, and the question why. i obviously can't tell how S works, but to me it would seem that you would rather judge characteristic on face value than analyze them as to why they occur. psychology is a NF profession for a reason; it sometimes does require a certain analytical touch to see what type a person is. and that is something a test, description or observation can never give you.

    By the way, telling people how to act only makes this site extremely annoying for the recipients of such "advice" and I'm really not into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I am aware that my statement contradicted itself because in it I was telling you what to do at the same time as I was telling you not to do that to me... I made the statement anyway because I felt like it was warranted. I really don't need you to snicker at me with a "Poor 'S'" attitude.
    good, then you know how i feel when you say something like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee
    Additionally, I do V.I. usually extremely accurately, and he looks very ISFJ in his expressions. They have a very held back look, almost a stony wall to their look. The eyes do very unique things as well.

    If you don't think it's possible to tell someone's type based on their features combined with expressions, I feel you're missing out on a fascinating aspect of type. ;-) But of course, that's not all I base my typing on.
    i generally dislike being judged on the surface, whether by first impression of looks or intellect; and i usually don't talk to people who do them. the above quote is exactly the reason behind my behavior towards you.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  4. #504
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    My apologies. I guess I was being defensive. I can't possibly win a logical argument with you, I know.

    You're right; it doesn't come down to exact descriptions. I'm in complete agreement. Again, I was being defensive -- my mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i see N/S difference as abstract versus concrete thoughts or put differently reading between the lines and reading as is. i'm not saying either is a bad thing; balance is important. what i am saying is that you take what is written about S without a grain of salt... and it just doesn't work that way. there are countless differences, details and unknown entities that neither of us know about in the human mind. therefore, reading descriptions to a T won't help you, since it may not reflect how things actually are, thus leaving the description to be inaccurate.

    as for detailing... i would like to test this. honestly, i don't think that N/S difference comes down to paying attention to detail. i pay great attention to much detailing, otherwise i would not be able to analyze it for future use. that's another thing: analysis, and the question why. i obviously can't tell how S works, but to me it would seem that you would rather judge characteristic on face value than analyze them as to why they occur. psychology is a NF profession for a reason; it sometimes does require a certain analytical touch to see what type a person is. and that is something a test, description or observation can never give you.





    good, then you know how i feel when you say something like this:



    i generally dislike being judged on the surface, whether by first impression of looks or intellect; and i usually don't talk to people who do them. the above quote is exactly the reason behind my behavior towards you.

  5. #505
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    are you actually trying to nail them down based on their appearance in movies? that's like trying to describe someone's face when they're wearing a mask.
    When people try to use non-verbal signs of people with other type, they give impressions of non-authenticity and non-organic, actors play bad - viewers do not believe them. Image method will give more contradictory results in cases with much distortion, and sure version will not appear. As good actors want to play better, and bad ones do not want to strain for precise imitation of other, so movies are usefull in general.

  6. #506
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    350

    Default

    David Duchovny, INFP?

  7. #507
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lotr246 View Post
    David Duchovny, INFP?
    From Wikipedia: "Duchovny holds a Master's degree in English Literature from Yale University and began work on a Ph.D. that remains unfinished."

    Maybe.

  8. #508
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    are you actually trying to nail them down based on their appearance in movies? that's like trying to describe someone's face when they're wearing a mask.
    How is it different from typing a famous historical figure without reading any biography on the person?

  9. #509
    Senior Member Koocoomoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    iNFp
    Enneagram
    4w3?
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Stephen Colbert, INFP?
    Whaaa?!

    Painfully Bipolar

  10. #510
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    i'd put him at intp? entj?

Similar Threads

  1. DN's Author Type List
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 01:34 PM
  2. DN's Director Type List
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 04:48 AM
  3. DN's Author Type List III
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 03:07 PM
  4. DN's Celebrity Type List
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 11:37 PM
  5. DN's Author Type List II
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO