User Tag List

First 404849505152 Last

Results 491 to 500 of 544

  1. #491
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    i guess my idea is that DN's list should be at least consistent. so as long as he and other here manage to correctly identify Fi people and list them as infp
    Myers concentrated at preferences mostly, and badly researched and described functions. The main her job was in making good preferences test MBTI. Function's theory was secondary for her, and functions are described very shortly and indistinctly in popular MBT books (some of them have no functions' description at all). So the more men here used preferences but not MBT's function model, the more correct result they got. To be consistent and to use Myers' functional model is imposible because her model is wrong, and strongly controverts original Jung's theory, doing so without any convincing experimental and theoretical basis. If people here say that someone is INFP - that man must be INFP, but INFP have no Fi among first 2 functions according to Jung and according to experience of many people who use Jung's model, that is why I suppose these men either used wrong descriptions of functions/preferences or had contradictional propositions.

    Some men (Lytov, Talanov) developed function/preferences tests and they got confirmation of Jung's model [these results still were not researched by independant people to aprove getting the same results, and these experiments were not perfect].

    Summing up, besides MBT and Jung have different functional models, the versions of types designated by preferences must match, in principle, because the preferences are the same in both. How men got this 4 letters - is an other question, everyone of them could check preferences directly to understand is his model correct or wrong.

    do you agree that tim roth, lisa edelstein, ben browder, are the same?
    These people absent in my list. I need more to see them in movies or video-interviews, maybe then I'll get sure opinion about their type or some preferences/functions. According to look at photos: Roth seems N, Edelstein - E, Browder - E (main thoughts: ENTP, ESTP, ...).

    do you have an opinion about rufus sewell
    ESFP.
    You may check my list for versions. Some other lists may have version for him too (here is a thread with link to collection of lists).

    what i notice is the banana shaped face that comes from a strong chin and mild cheekbones (gosling, mel gibson ...)
    Version for Gibson is ENTP, Ryan Gosling - INTP. But I do not use such signs for typing, only non-verbal behavior.

  2. #492
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    I just watched Donnie Brasco last night...

    May I suggest Johnny Depp as ISFJ? I think I've finally nailed him down. ;-)

    I was also gonna suggest Al Pacino as INFJ but you already got him there...

  3. #493
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I just watched Donnie Brasco last night...

    May I suggest Johnny Depp as ISFJ? I think I've finally nailed him down. ;-)

    I was also gonna suggest Al Pacino as INFJ but you already got him there...
    Why ISFJ?
    4w5 sp

  4. #494
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    are you actually trying to nail them down based on their appearance in movies? that's like trying to describe someone's face when they're wearing a mask.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  5. #495
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    are you actually trying to nail them down based on their appearance in movies? that's like trying to describe someone's face when they're wearing a mask.
    Bah, no. I've seen him in a bunch of things, of course. I just thought about the interviews I've seen, and what I've read about him (came to mind because I happened to be watching the film). I saw him on Jay Leno most notably and he acted JUST like my ISFJ boyfriend.

    Additionally, I do V.I. usually extremely accurately, and he looks very ISFJ in his expressions. They have a very held back look, almost a stony wall to their look. The eyes do very unique things as well.

    If you don't think it's possible to tell someone's type based on their features combined with expressions, I feel you're missing out on a fascinating aspect of type. ;-) But of course, that's not all I base my typing on.

  6. #496
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Julia Roberts is an INFP? I'm sure I am biased because I am INFP & cannot stand her, but what's the evidence?
    I think she's ISTJ.

  7. #497
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Additionally, I do V.I. usually extremely accurately, and he looks very ISFJ in his expressions. They have a very held back look, almost a stony wall to their look. The eyes do very unique things as well.

    If you don't think it's possible to tell someone's type based on their features combined with expressions, I feel you're missing out on a fascinating aspect of type. ;-) But of course, that's not all I base my typing on.
    a) you don't have merit to prove what you said in the first paragraph. measure is empirical, and even when you say it's accurate, it could be for a million reasons that you get the same result. i know an ISFJ and he is nothing like you describe, and nothing like depp looks in at least 2 interviews. how would you explain that?

    b) i know i have more success with determining a person's type through what they say, not how they act. let me tell you why: non-verbal communication, like verbal communication, is based upon how extrovert or introvert you are. if you are introvert, you'd be more passive in your body language than if you were extroverted. conversely, if you were extroverted, your body language would be more aggressive.

    but that's the thing: body language only measures introvert/extrovert ratio. there's almost no way to tell whether a person is S or N purely from their body language. it gets especially hard when you try to decipher an introvert's entire type just by body language, since theirs is so much more passive. so yes, i would agree with you on the part that depp is introverted based entirely on his body language, but not more than that.

    as an addendum, i see you're letting your S get the best of you by trying to explain things that you have little evidence for and judging other people on how they look on things. may i suggest you double check future posts to avoid further non-sequiturs?
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  8. #498
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    But I do want to respond to what you said by more than just expressing irritation at you trying to tell me what to do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    a) you don't have merit to prove what you said in the first paragraph. measure is empirical, and even when you say it's accurate, it could be for a million reasons that you get the same result. i know an ISFJ and he is nothing like you describe, and nothing like depp looks in at least 2 interviews. how would you explain that?
    This isn't a science experiment or a philosophical argument. I don't have to have merit to prove everything I say. What I said was my opinion. What I would say to your friend being nothing like I describe, I would say you don't know the whole person 100%, nor are you picking up on the visual cues I am seeing. A person has to be extremely detail-oriented to pick up on a lot of what I notice about faces/expressions/people.

    b) i know i have more success with determining a person's type through what they say, not how they act. let me tell you why: non-verbal communication, like verbal communication, is based upon how extrovert or introvert you are. if you are introvert, you'd be more passive in your body language than if you were extroverted. conversely, if you were extroverted, your body language would be more aggressive. but that's the thing: body language only measures introvert/extrovert ratio. there's almost no way to tell whether a person is S or N purely from their body language. it gets especially hard when you try to decipher an introvert's entire type just by body language, since theirs is so much more passive. so yes, i would agree with you on the part that depp is introverted based entirely on his body language, but not more than that.
    I agree that you can tell E vs. I best through looks/expressions etc. However, I don't even think THAT is perfectly reliable. And that is why I do not only base my typing on looks...

    as an addendum, i see you're letting your S get the best of you by trying to explain things that you have little evidence for and judging other people on how they look on things. may i suggest you double check future posts to avoid further non-sequiturs?
    I see your "N" is your blind spot when it comes to observing people physically. No offense, but an "N" going up against an "S" in noticing details wouldn't be exactly credible. My mind is very changeable; I don't just judge someone and then feel the information I accumulate is then somehow written in stone from that point on. On the contrary, I take a first, second, third (and on) impression of someone and continuously gather information. I look at extremely subtle visual cues in all kinds of areas and couple the things I notice with what I know about how someone moves, talks, acts, and add those things to biographical information when I type, whenever possible.

    By the way, telling people how to act only makes this site extremely annoying for the recipients of such "advice" and I'm really not into it.

  9. #499
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Actually, I would suggest avoiding "suggesting" (a.k.a. ordering around) other people's behavior.
    it's funny how what you just wrote is a hypocritical paradox. i can't help but try to fix broken things, but at least i don't make a fuss about it when people tell me differently.

    also, i would love to see some argumentation from you here... it doesn't work for me to see claims without reason.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  10. #500
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    it's funny how what you just wrote is a hypocritical paradox. i can't help but try to fix broken things, but at least i don't make a fuss about it when people tell me differently.

    also, i would love to see some argumentation from you here... it doesn't work for me to see claims without reason.
    I am aware that my statement contradicted itself because in it I was telling you what to do at the same time as I was telling you not to do that to me... I made the statement anyway because I felt like it was warranted. I really don't need you to snicker at me with a "Poor 'S'" attitude.

    The argumentation is above.

Similar Threads

  1. DN's Author Type List
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 01:34 PM
  2. DN's Director Type List
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 04:48 AM
  3. DN's Author Type List III
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 03:07 PM
  4. DN's Celebrity Type List
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 11:37 PM
  5. DN's Author Type List II
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO