• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Celebrity Type List (Merged)

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Very well, switch Depp to INFP.

There's more INFPs in showbiz than you'd think, looking at the list.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hey, anyone can put up a reasonable argument on why he's ISFP..we don't know him too well, just a guess.

I was just acting on the basis of the thread on Depp here that seemed to suggest a majority opinion fo ISFP. But I dunno, maybe in retrospect, with the water clearing from his Pirates stuff and all the heart-throb furore that surrounded him at the time, people are now able to see him more clearly for what he really is (INFP).

I hold no clear preference either way for his type.

Wait for the ISFPs to try and reclaim him as one of their own!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I was just acting on the basis of the thread on Depp here that seemed to suggest a majority opinion fo ISFP. But I dunno, maybe in retrospect, with the water clearing from his Pirates stuff and all the heart-throb furore that surrounded him at the time, people are now able to see him more clearly for what he really is (INFP).

Ah good point. I guess we'll never really know though.

heart

heart on fire

I hold no clear preference either way for his type.

Wait for the ISFPs to try and reclaim him as one of their own!

Now he could pass for more ISFP-like (post pirates) but in the early works (Dead Man/ before Pirates) he was more glaringly INFP. I fell asleep watching Pirates, ugh so awful...

In movies like From Hell he still resonates the INFP vibe.

I say now he plays at ISFP for mass appeal, but early on he couldn't have done that so well (like what the hell do I know anyway? Just giving opinion)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yep. Note how it's only INFPs here claiming him as their own. Everyone wants Johnny! Can I say I blame them..?

Haha, so true..well, if I was a female, and found myself attracted to him, I guess I could say the same thing, with such enthusiasm. Apart from that, I think he's really deap, and he has a lot of soul. I think I'll call him Johnny Deap.

heart

heart on fire
I adore Depp's acting and I think he's attractive but he doesn't really ring my bell. Feels too brother-ish to me.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Now he could pass for more ISFP-like (post pirates) but in the early works (Dead Man/ before Pirates) he was more glaringly INFP. I fell asleep watching Pirates, ugh so awful...

In movies like From Hell he still resonates the INFP vibe.

I say now he plays at ISFP for mass appeal, but early on he couldn't have done that so well (like what the hell do I know anyway? Just giving opinion)

Now you've gone and re-awakened my love of the Deppster. And kinda convinced me of his INFPness. Edward Scissorhands makes me see him as INFP. The choice of movie role that is.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Now you've gone and re-awakened my love of the Deppster. And kinda convinced me of his INFPness. Edward Scissorhands makes me see him as INFP. The choice of movie role that is.

Tim Burton's use of him is incredible, definitely INFP.

...me of his INFPness

I said something like this to my father, and it didn't sound right. I was just waiting until someone made the same mistake as me :newwink:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How is it odd?

Se is the inferior function in INFJs thus very weak. ESFPs have Se as the dominant function thus much stronger. MBTI is about cognitive processes, and the brain controls movement. Just making connections. Not saying all INFJs can't dance well or all ESFPs can dance well.

I just don't think motor skills/coordination is a useful indicator in determining whether an individual is Se dominant or Se inferior, and also it's not really what Se is about. The very fact that some Se-inferiors may excel at it, or some Se dominants struggle with it, negates the usefulness in my opinion. (also, on the individual level, regardless of type, a person could excel at certain types of fine motor skills, but suck at other types - i.e. great at playing the piano, drawing, or dancing, bad at soccer. Etc.)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just don't think motor skills/coordination is a useful indicator in determining whether an individual is Se dominant or Se inferior

I think it is. Sensing has to do with physically performing. It's a generalization, but if we can't make generalizations then we can't type someone. It's a generalization to say that an introvert on average will be less outgoing and talkative than an extravert, but it's not without merit.

Well, I'll try to not take my observations about type into account when typing people in the future. Some day I'll meet a person or two that doesn't fit the pattern and that will negate it altogether.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol, that's fine. We just have different views on it.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I usually see Dr Phil typed as ESTJ.

I remember a while back he said that everyone thinks he's outgoing and extraverted, but that when he didn't have a "role" like he does on the show, a purpose, he didn't know what to do with himself, and was pretty quiet. Many introverts are fine with performing or lecturing, but are not comfortable in unscripted social situations. I'd definitely say ISTJ.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I remember a while back he said that everyone thinks he's outgoing and extraverted, but that when he didn't have a "role" like he does on the show, a purpose, he didn't know what to do with himself, and was pretty quiet. Many introverts are fine with performing or lecturing, but are not comfortable in unscripted social situations. I'd definitely say ISTJ.

Maybe so. But is he world-renowned like the rest of our listed celebs? I don't think he warrants inclusion on the list. No one outside of America has heard of him.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Maybe so. But is he world-renowned like the rest of our listed celebs? I don't think he warrants inclusion on the list. No one outside of America has heard of him.

I don't know, probably not. It's just that it was brought up in the thread, so I thought I'd share.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know, probably not. It's just that it was brought up in the thread, so I thought I'd share.

Yes he was. Thanks for the input. You have convinced me that he's an ISTJ. Cheers!

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What about Quentin Tarantino's type? ENTX, but is he P or J?

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Thanks for the help of everyone who's contributed to the composition of the list!

ADDS: Hugh Hefner (ESTP)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Thanks for the help of everyone who's contributed to the composition of the list!

ADDS: Hugh Hefner (ESTP)
I always thought of Hefner as the weird nerdy guy who changed the rules so he could get ahead.

I assume you have a reason for saying ESTP other than his, shall we say, status. What is it?