User Tag List

First 374546474849 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Yeah, Obama is one of those people everyone will see themselves in and thus believe he is their type or close to their type.
    My information is based on what some websites were saying, I don't care if Obama is the same type as I am or not, I would rather have the correct information. A lot of websites say he's ENFP, I just have trouble believing he's a P, so I figured ENFJ might be a good estimate. He has the charisma and leadership qualities. To say he's your type just because you want him to be is pretty illogical.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, Obama is one of those people everyone will see themselves in and thus believe he is their type or close to their type.
    Maaann, you wouldn't understand! Obama and I just relate to one another.

I don't care if Obama is an ENTJ (my opposite). I am NOT typing him ISFP because I want to share my type with the man. I'm just saying what he VI's as. Not everyone thinks people of the same type share certain looks, so I understand if people don't buy what I'm saying. But he absolutely looks ISFP (and Brad Pitt/Benicio Del Toro LOOK ISTP, hint hint, nudge nudge). I'm not the only one saying this about Obama, either (others who specialize in VI that I've read online).

To respond to the he must be NF because he's very giving argument, ISFP's and ISFJ's are also extremely giving (as are many other types), so this isn't a good argument at all.

Barack Obama has stated that if a person is able to serve others, they ought to, and that's his motivation. ISFP's want to help, big time. They want to do tangible things to make a difference to those they care about (this includes humanity).

Also, look at how he's been acting since becoming President. He is tackling issues in a very Sensorish way, one by one. He is a major DOER (S). He likes to clarify details and explain things carefully (S).

Just because he also seems aware and understanding of the big picture does NOT make him an N.

He walks and moves like an S. Is adept at basketball (like my ISFP dad hehe).

His eyes move like an S.

ENFP's and ENFJ's (Bill Clinton is ENFP for instance) have their respective energies where you can just feel their all-encompassing outward energy/charisma. Barack's is quieter, more subdued. Then he flashes a dynamite smile. Very ISP, with his twinkling eyes. One gets a sense that he's a little bit jokester but keeps his seriousness together for everyone.

I believe there is a bias against SP types among many in the typology community. I wonder if those who are biased really think an SP could possibly be an Obama. But don't forget that we can be just as intelligent and capable as y'all N's (in your hearts you don't believe this, right? [speaking to those who doubt SP's only here]). Barack is mature and intelligent and ISFP.

This is my general argument. Take it for whatever it is worth.

MBTI
    I

Obama is an ENTP. Just leave it at that and continue typing others.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Obama is an ENTP. Just leave it at that and continue typing others.
    *chuckles wildly*

I've made my argument so there is nothing more I need say. Anyone else can think anything they want about his type. I think it's terrific.

P.S. I will drop it now, just for you TheChosenOne.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    My information is based on what some websites were saying, I don't care if Obama is the same type as I am or not, I would rather have the correct information. A lot of websites say he's ENFP, I just have trouble believing he's a P, so I figured ENFJ might be a good estimate. He has the charisma and leadership qualities. To say he's your type just because you want him to be is pretty illogical.
    I wasn't saying you necessarily. But even if one does a search on google one will come up with nearly all 16 types. I didn't say others are saying he is their type just because they want him to be, but because they can relate to him. Or they think he is like someone they know of this type.

[Btw, I agree with your typing ]

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I don't care if Obama is an ENTJ (my opposite). I am NOT typing him ISFP because I want to share my type with the man. I'm just saying what he VI's as.
    Are you typing him/others on VI alone?

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

He's not going on the list, whatever he is.
    4w5 sp

Are you typing him/others on VI alone?
    Nope. As you can see by my explanation of why I think he's ISFP (I said I'd drop this dangit... whoops), I'm typing him based on over-all evidence. But VI is often very accurate. Then again, I believe it very important to consider a whole person in attempting to type legitimately, as well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Nope. As you can see by my explanation of why I think he's ISFP (I said I'd drop this dangit... whoops), I'm typing him based on over-all evidence. But VI is often very accurate. Then again, I believe it very important to consider a whole person in attempting to type legitimately, as well.
    Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    He's not going on the list, whatever he is.

I love you dyna!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I have come to the conclusion that no one can be 100% sure what type Obama is without him actually taking the test. It's certainly possible he could be an ISFP, or ENTJ, or most types.

Most of the websites I've seen list Barack Obama as an ENFP. I'm not saying that this is 100% true, but we don't know for sure that he is any type. I simply suggested that if he is in fact ENF, as a lot of sources seem to state, that I would see him as more of a judging type because his life is very well-structured, which is common of that personality trait. But, there are P's who live structured lives as well.

If it's your opinion he's ISFP, that's fine, I enjoy speculating types with people and I realize we will often come to different conclusions. As long as everyone remembers we're brainstorming and it's fun, then everything should be cool. Some people might be anti SPs, and that's unfortunate. For the record, though, I am not one of those people, in fact the lady in my life is an SP. Anyway, I am not going to discuss Obama's type anymore, it's disrupting this thread. Let's talk about someone else now...