• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Celebrity Type List (Merged)

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see your "N" is your blind spot when it comes to observing people physically. No offense, but an "N" going up against an "S" in noticing details wouldn't be exactly credible.

Let's not counter one sweeping generalization with another sweeping generalization. I could match any SJ in working with details. I just find details alone boring and uninspiring.

maliafee

Let's not counter one sweeping generalization with another sweeping generalization. I could match any SJ with details. I just find details alone boring and uninspiring.

Well INFJs are very detail-oriented, in my experience.

I agree with you that I shouldn't have generalized, though. I guess I was just frustrated by someone bossing me around. I will leave the conversation alone now.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
This isn't a science experiment or a philosophical argument. I don't have to have merit to prove everything I say. What I said was my opinion. What I would say to your friend being nothing like I describe, I would say you don't know the whole person 100%, nor are you picking up on the visual cues I am seeing. A person has to be extremely detail-oriented to pick up on a lot of what I notice about faces/expressions/people.

I see your "N" is your blind spot when it comes to observing people physically. No offense, but an "N" going up against an "S" in noticing details wouldn't be exactly credible. My mind is very changeable; I don't just judge someone and then feel the information I accumulate is then somehow written in stone from that point on. On the contrary, I take a first, second, third (and on) impression of someone and continuously gather information. I look at extremely subtle visual cues in all kinds of areas and couple the things I notice with what I know about how someone moves, talks, acts, and add those
things to biographical information when I type, whenever possible.

i see N/S difference as abstract versus concrete thoughts or put differently reading between the lines and reading as is. i'm not saying either is a bad thing; balance is important. what i am saying is that you take what is written about S without a grain of salt... and it just doesn't work that way. there are countless differences, details and unknown entities that neither of us know about in the human mind. therefore, reading descriptions to a T won't help you, since it may not reflect how things actually are, thus leaving the description to be inaccurate.

as for detailing... i would like to test this. honestly, i don't think that N/S difference comes down to paying attention to detail. i pay great attention to much detailing, otherwise i would not be able to analyze it for future use. that's another thing: analysis, and the question why. i obviously can't tell how S works, but to me it would seem that you would rather judge characteristic on face value than analyze them as to why they occur. psychology is a NF profession for a reason; it sometimes does require a certain analytical touch to see what type a person is. and that is something a test, description or observation can never give you.

By the way, telling people how to act only makes this site extremely annoying for the recipients of such "advice" and I'm really not into it.

I am aware that my statement contradicted itself because in it I was telling you what to do at the same time as I was telling you not to do that to me... I made the statement anyway because I felt like it was warranted. I really don't need you to snicker at me with a "Poor 'S'" attitude.

good, then you know how i feel when you say something like this:

maliafee said:
Additionally, I do V.I. usually extremely accurately, and he looks very ISFJ in his expressions. They have a very held back look, almost a stony wall to their look. The eyes do very unique things as well.

If you don't think it's possible to tell someone's type based on their features combined with expressions, I feel you're missing out on a fascinating aspect of type. ;-) But of course, that's not all I base my typing on.

i generally dislike being judged on the surface, whether by first impression of looks or intellect; and i usually don't talk to people who do them. the above quote is exactly the reason behind my behavior towards you.

maliafee

My apologies. I guess I was being defensive. I can't possibly win a logical argument with you, I know.

You're right; it doesn't come down to exact descriptions. I'm in complete agreement. Again, I was being defensive -- my mistake.

i see N/S difference as abstract versus concrete thoughts or put differently reading between the lines and reading as is. i'm not saying either is a bad thing; balance is important. what i am saying is that you take what is written about S without a grain of salt... and it just doesn't work that way. there are countless differences, details and unknown entities that neither of us know about in the human mind. therefore, reading descriptions to a T won't help you, since it may not reflect how things actually are, thus leaving the description to be inaccurate.

as for detailing... i would like to test this. honestly, i don't think that N/S difference comes down to paying attention to detail. i pay great attention to much detailing, otherwise i would not be able to analyze it for future use. that's another thing: analysis, and the question why. i obviously can't tell how S works, but to me it would seem that you would rather judge characteristic on face value than analyze them as to why they occur. psychology is a NF profession for a reason; it sometimes does require a certain analytical touch to see what type a person is. and that is something a test, description or observation can never give you.

good, then you know how i feel when you say something like this:

i generally dislike being judged on the surface, whether by first impression of looks or intellect; and i usually don't talk to people who do them. the above quote is exactly the reason behind my behavior towards you.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
are you actually trying to nail them down based on their appearance in movies? that's like trying to describe someone's face when they're wearing a mask.

When people try to use non-verbal signs of people with other type, they give impressions of non-authenticity and non-organic, actors play bad - viewers do not believe them. Image method will give more contradictory results in cases with much distortion, and sure version will not appear. As good actors want to play better, and bad ones do not want to strain for precise imitation of other, so movies are usefull in general.

heart

heart on fire
are you actually trying to nail them down based on their appearance in movies? that's like trying to describe someone's face when they're wearing a mask.

How is it different from typing a famous historical figure without reading any biography on the person?

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
Ricky Gervais is an ENTJ,
He much prefers making his own decisions and being in charge, and he does it well.
He's got so much judging in his personality.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Colbert is a hard one to type...he honestly does seem kind of introverted when out of character. I don't even really have a guess, even having watched interviews like the one he did with Charlie Rose several times.

Billie Joe Armstrong seems to be an accepted ENTP, but can someone explain why? I actually see him as ENFP.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm quite certain that Nicole Kidman is an INFJ. I would say Cate Blanchett is one too, even though I wouldn't exclude the INTJ. Audrey Tautou is an INFJ as well, imo.

You have James McAvoy under both ENFP and INFP... He strikes me as an INFP. I don't have any solid evidence, but at the same time I don't see any evidence for extroversion. I'd say that Elijah Wood is an ENFP, though:newwink:

Also, can I ask you why you have Adrien Brody listed as ESFJ? He strikes me as a total INF.

Fecal McAngry

Colbert is a hard one to type...he honestly does seem kind of introverted when out of character. I don't even really have a guess, even having watched interviews like the one he did with Charlie Rose several times.

Billie Joe Armstrong seems to be an accepted ENTP, but can someone explain why? I actually see him as ENFP.

I am not sure of these at all, but I believe Colbert--the real person--to be an INTP, and my look-a-like Billy Joe to be an ESFP.