User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    How is it odd?

Se is the inferior function in INFJs thus very weak. ESFPs have Se as the dominant function thus much stronger. MBTI is about cognitive processes, and the brain controls movement. Just making connections. Not saying all INFJs can't dance well or all ESFPs can dance well.
    I just don't think motor skills/coordination is a useful indicator in determining whether an individual is Se dominant or Se inferior, and also it's not really what Se is about. The very fact that some Se-inferiors may excel at it, or some Se dominants struggle with it, negates the usefulness in my opinion. (also, on the individual level, regardless of type, a person could excel at certain types of fine motor skills, but suck at other types - i.e. great at playing the piano, drawing, or dancing, bad at soccer. Etc.)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I just don't think motor skills/coordination is a useful indicator in determining whether an individual is Se dominant or Se inferior
    I think it is. Sensing has to do with physically performing. It's a generalization, but if we can't make generalizations then we can't type someone. It's a generalization to say that an introvert on average will be less outgoing and talkative than an extravert, but it's not without merit.

Well, I'll try to not take my observations about type into account when typing people in the future. Some day I'll meet a person or two that doesn't fit the pattern and that will negate it altogether.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

lol, that's fine. We just have different views on it.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    I usually see Dr Phil typed as ESTJ.
    I remember a while back he said that everyone thinks he's outgoing and extraverted, but that when he didn't have a "role" like he does on the show, a purpose, he didn't know what to do with himself, and was pretty quiet. Many introverts are fine with performing or lecturing, but are not comfortable in unscripted social situations. I'd definitely say ISTJ.
    Something Witty

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I remember a while back he said that everyone thinks he's outgoing and extraverted, but that when he didn't have a "role" like he does on the show, a purpose, he didn't know what to do with himself, and was pretty quiet. Many introverts are fine with performing or lecturing, but are not comfortable in unscripted social situations. I'd definitely say ISTJ.
    Maybe so. But is he world-renowned like the rest of our listed celebs? I don't think he warrants inclusion on the list. No one outside of America has heard of him.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INTP

Maybe so. But is he world-renowned like the rest of our listed celebs? I don't think he warrants inclusion on the list. No one outside of America has heard of him.
    I don't know, probably not. It's just that it was brought up in the thread, so I thought I'd share.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I don't know, probably not. It's just that it was brought up in the thread, so I thought I'd share.
    Yes he was. Thanks for the input. You have convinced me that he's an ISTJ. Cheers!
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

What about Quentin Tarantino's type? ENTX, but is he P or J?
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thanks for the help of everyone who's contributed to the composition of the list!

ADDS: Hugh Hefner (ESTP)
    4w5 sp

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Thanks for the help of everyone who's contributed to the composition of the list!

ADDS: Hugh Hefner (ESTP)
    I always thought of Hefner as the weird nerdy guy who changed the rules so he could get ahead.

I assume you have a reason for saying ESTP other than his, shall we say, status. What is it?