• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Drew Barrymore's type

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes. (That is what I thought a LOOOOONG time ago about her.)

I suppose I actually have to support this, though? :(

Nah... Unless someone relevantly challenges the typing, I'm comfortable closing the case without further ado. :)

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'd agree with ESFP, even though I didn't watch the second interview.

She is just so cute! It's like she's human bubble gum.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought she was one of those celebrities that self-typed as an INFP.

A word to the wise, don't type based on behavior (especially actors/actresses), do research on their childhood and their interests during that time. Normally, I consider that a better indicator.

And judging by some of the research I did on her, her childhood was quite INFP-ish, too.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
She's too calm and laid back to be an extravert. She's either ISFP or INFP. That Conan O'Brian video is possibly the most energetic I've ever seen her (and she's still more laid back than Conan). I'm leaning more toward ISFP though.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
She's too calm and laid back to be an extravert. She's either ISFP or INFP. That Conan O'Brian video is possibly the most energetic I've ever seen her (and she's still more laid back than Conan). I'm leaning more toward ISFP though.

TLL, are you one of those Extraverts compared to whom everyone else seems Introverted? (Perhaps you should let ladypinkington answer this question for you. ;))

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
TLL, are you one of those Extraverts compared to whom everyone else seems Introverted? (Perhaps you should let ladypinkington answer this question for you. ;))

Actually he is a weird one,lol. He is not really high energy really- unless he is in the position to entertain people- then he is the most outgoing- high energy-bold-and the MOST uninhibited person you ever saw. The striking difference and versatility is quite unbelievable.

The best way to describe him is he is so much like the Singing Frog, no he IS the Singing Frog,lol. He is low key and very very easy going-he likes everybody- he loves people- but is not very assertive in his socializing at all-he is a great and profoundly good listener- but you get him near a stage or in a silly mood then bam- Hello My Honey Hello My Baby Hello My Rag Time Gal,lol, you have to pay attention because then almost as quickly as it came it'll go away he'll go back to "Ribbet".

He gets his energy from being around people- but it is an energy that is much like a volcano that is mostly dormant and selectively erupts,lol. But it's there baby,lol. He jumps up and down inside,lol. He's like an introvert that likes and wants to be around everybody,lol.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Well I'm not basing her type simply on the 6 minute interview, nor do I think that flashing her boobs at someone makes her an E. What it does mean is that she is most likely SP. (My brother is an ISFP and the stuff he does is crazier than any other SP I know. I feel like the movie Jackass is a biography of his life.)

Most of the time I see Drew she is extremely calm and composed. This usually means the person is an Introvert. Now speaking from personal experience I am a very calm Extravert, but I am also very close on the E/I border and a lot of people think I am an Introvert until they get to know me better (ironically ladypinkington appears as an Extravert when people first meet her). So I am willing to entertain the idea that Drew might be an Extravert, but whether she is E or I she is someone that you have to watch for more than a 6 minute interview to determine whether she is E or I. She is not someone who is a clear cut E.

So based on what I know about her and all the times I've seen her both on and off screen she looks like an ISFP, but I think if someone has more details about her life it is possible she might be one of these other types: INFP, ESFP, or ENFP. I'm still leaning toward ISFP for her though.

clairebear8

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
i've heard enfp for drew.. she has a very childlike, playful quality about her.. and just because someone is quiet in no way means that they're introverted.. i'm usually shy when first getting to know people as well, and can remain that way if i don't feel comfortable. i don't see her being as rambunctious as esfp's.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
So I am willing to entertain the idea that Drew might be an Extravert, but whether she is E or I she is someone that you have to watch for more than a 6 minute interview to determine whether she is E or I. She is not someone who is a clear cut E.

Returning to this one after my initial "NOT E?!" reaction has subsided. ;)

I agree with you that Introverts can seem Extroverted for concentrated periods of time. I do think even socially confident Introverts tend to give themselves away on talk shows (pausing more, being less attuned to the audience, relying more on stimulation from the host while interacting less with him or her once talking), but perhaps I am overestimating my ability to judge E/I based on talk shows.

Has anyone seen the episodes of Saturday Night Live that she hosted? I can't find them on YouTube and I would love to hear how she did, especially when she was a kid/a teenager - unless, of course, the show is scripted? (I've never seen it.)