User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Natalie Portman's type

What say you to NP as an ISTJ?

Newsweek interview
    Surprise interrupting a Columbia University class to talk about terrorism (4 minutes)
    On David Letterman (10 minutes)

She reminds me tremendously of my ISTJ friend from high school; sweet, sincere, logical and conscientious, but rather ordinary.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Up front, I definitely agree with Sensor reading for NP. She's very down-to-earth, strong but rather "ordinary" and straight-forward in her thinking.

Even her more imaginative movie roles (including Amidala) were flat when it came to any of the ethereal aspects her performance could have contained. (Compare her against Uma Thurman or Cate Blanchett, two other women actors who seem to evoke something beyond the tangible/obvious. N's tend to evoke more than what is at face value, S's deal more with the face value interpretations.)

NP's strongest roles on the screen actually seem to have been the most "ordinary," whether it was the enigmatic lover of Jude Law in "Closer" or even the daughter of Al Pacino in "Heat." She seems to thrive in a concrete, tangible environment.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

To be honest I think typing her as ISTJ is way off. Just look at her occupation, how many world famous actors are ISTJs? Somehow I doubt they are very many. I could definitely see her as an INFJ, which might explain why she appears "ordinary". Wikipedia says about her beliefs:

Portman has advocated for environmental causes from a young age, becoming a member of the environmental song and dance troupe at age twelve. She is a self-proclaimed "animal lover," and has been a vegetarian since she was eight years old.
    Sounds quite NF-ish to me ...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    To be honest I think typing her as ISTJ is way off. Just look at her occupation, how many world famous actors are ISTJs? Somehow I doubt they are very many.
    It is likely that certain types are underrepresented in acting; however, that is not an argument against a specific actor being a particular type.

Similarly, championing environmentalism, being a vegetarian and loving animals are not surefire indicators of NF.

Have you seen the interviews & do you know any ISTJ women IRL for comparison?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sounds quite NF-ish to me ...
    I disagree. S's are quite capable of these things as well. It's mostly a matter of how they are pursued and enacted. In fact, the description you provide are things I have commonly seen in ISFP women.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    It is likely that certain types are underrepresented in acting; however, that is not an argument against a specific actor being a particular type.
    Actually it is. Because there are few female ISTJ actors, concluding a female actor is one, would need more evidence. Extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof.

Similarly, championing environmentalism, being a vegetarian and loving animals are not surefire indicators of NF.
    I never said, but it is a pretty good indicator. NFs are known as idealists. Does NP sound like one? Yes.

Have you seen the interviews & do you know any ISTJ women IRL for comparison?
    I just saw the David Letterman interview, but I am a huge Star Wars fan, so I have seen many, many interviews with her before. I definitely think she came off as NF. The vacation argument against Bush was definitely clever and intuitive in nature.

As for my experience with ISTJ women it is very limited, although my grandmother might have been one. As for INFJs my mother is one, so I definitely have some experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I disagree. S's are quite capable of these things as well. It's mostly a matter of how they are pursued and enacted. In fact, the description you provide are things I have commonly seen in ISFP women.
    It is impossible for any of us to prove anything, we might only find indications of her type. ISFP sounds very unlikely to be her type, by the way. How many ISFPs attend Harvard?

MBTI
    ERTP

the most S girl i ever knew was an animal rights/environmentalist champion though not a vegetarian.

i just loved that

regarding NP i have this strange notion that eigther shes an ISTJ or a stray INTx

MBTI
    INTJ

Actually it is. Because there are few female ISTJ actors, concluding a female actor is one, would need more evidence. Extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof.
    I would reply to this post, but I am currently unable to be patient with other INTJs. Will someone else please do it for me?

MBTI
    INTJ

I would reply to this post, but I am currently unable to be patient with other INTJs. Will someone else please do it for me?
    Hehe, I am not saying your claim is extraordinary. "Extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof" only meant to say something about how when something is less probable, you need more evidence to prove it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hehe, I am not saying your claim is extraordinary. "Extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof" only meant to say something about how when something is less probable, you need more evidence to prove it.
    I understand the saying. What I find exasperating is your naive approach to typing coupled with your INXJ certitude. In a few months (when my own days of smug closed-mindedness are farther behind me ) I'm sure I'll be able to constructively argue with other INXJs, but for now, sadly, I can only ignore you or trash you, and you don't deserve the latter (yet ).