User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    And I never did, I just saw them as strong indications.
    I don't believe you.

Seeing as how Jennifer and I had called SJ on NP with several arguments for doing so, posting the judgment...

To be honest I think typing her as ISTJ is way off.
    ...with those indications as your only backing statements and without attempting to counter our arguments betrays that those indications were a definitive argument in your mind.

There's no weaseling your way out of this one, fellow INXJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    There's no weaseling your way out of this one, fellow INXJ.
    Well, at least I am backing off. I tried like ten times to write a response, but I seemed unable to express what I wanted, so I am just going to quit trying.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Well, at least I am backing off. I tried like ten times to write a response, but I seemed unable to express what I wanted, so I am just going to quit trying.
    Dude, it is with a lot of empathy that I write this:

Don't rationalize your errors as misunderstandings. We INTJs base a lot of our self-esteem on being insightful and decisive, but we are not always right - and that's okay. Making errors (of fact and of judgment) is forgivable. (People don't mind that we are not perfectly oracular. Really! ) Refusing to recognize and own up to our errors, however, costs us serious points. And it's idiotic, really, given that we aren't fooling anyone, just alienating them. Some strategists!

Enneagram
    1w2

I've always thought that Natalie Portman was an NF (INF). No hard evidence, just a feeling.

EDIT: Here's a youtube interview of her from 2004.

I don't know what this means, but notice how she turns the from her movie (Garden State) conversation to politics.

Listen to her talking about her describing her Psychology degree and what she can do with it and the questions she asks Letterman.

Watch her interacting and describing her dog.

Letterman's show is more laid back and less serious than Rose so maybe she felt more comfortable joking around which may affect typing if you base it on Rose.

At the Least I'd say she's IFP.
    Last edited by proteanmix; 07-26-2007 at 03:13 PM. Reason: added stuff
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I've always thought that Natalie Portman was an NF (INF). No hard evidence, just a feeling.
    Have you seen the interviews I link to in the OP?

Oberon

I think I've decided that I am Natalie Portman's type.

Yes, I'm 40, ugly, and married, but there you have it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    I think I've decided that I am Natalie Portman's type. Yes, I'm 40, ugly, and married, but there you have it.
    I wonder if she thinks she is YOUR type. (That is usually where romantic type theory breaks down.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Have you seen the interviews I link to in the OP?
    Yes, I watched one of the Charlie Rose interviews and a 2004 Letterman interview.

EDIT again: I need to stop replying so fast before I've finished thinking.

Here is some stuff from her Newsweek article that I found interesting:
    Most stars your age seem more comfortable partying than microfinancing. So what motivates you?
    A few years ago I had a very personal experience one that I don't wish to share publicly with political unrest in Israel. And it made me want to get involved in a productive way, not in a political finger-pointing way. My way of looking at the world, as an actress, is to try to put yourself in everyone's shoes.

Would you ever consider going into politics?
    I don't know. I'm not really interested in being powerful. I'm lucky, by chance, to have this sort of power and attention because what I love to do also gets media attention. And because of that, I feel like it can help bring attention to something, a really worthy cause. It's the least I can do, and I wish I could do something more useful, to go out and be hands-on. I couldn't be a credit officer, I'm not trained for that, or be a doctor at Doctors Without Borders. But I'd love to do as much as I can do, learn as much as I can and try to convey that information to other people when I have the chance.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'd go with INxJ, but with a well-developed judgment function.

As I can recall, when she said she was going to school, she was quoted as saying "I'd rather be smart than a movie star." So I don't think her desire for this move was for SJ servitude or dutifulness, but more about NT competence.

Her roles are often Enneagram Types 1 or 2, which correspond to Extraverted Thinking and Extraverted Feeling, respectively.

Te and Fe are very conscientious about their environment. That's not really S or N. Personally, I think she's more N than S.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Yes, I watched one of the Charlie Rose interviews and a 2004 Letterman interview.

EDIT again: I need to stop replying so fast before I've finished thinking.
    Here is some stuff from her Newsweek article that I found interesting:

Those are good quotes. And they definitely highlight a large difference between Natalie and someone like, oh say, um, err, Lindsey...!

But the quotes still didn't say anything to me about type, they just reflected on her maturity. (Perhaps Introversion as well.)

I can't YouTube here, but I will look at your link later...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft