User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    What I find exasperating is your naive approach to typing coupled with your INXJ certitude.
    I am just curious... What do you think is my approach? What is so naive about it?

Oberon

She is a self-proclaimed "animal lover"...
    O RLY?

<--- ears perked up

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I am just curious... What do you think is my approach? What is so naive about it?
    Sorry. I would if I could, but I can't. Get back to me in six months if no one else jumps into this thread to explain what I mean.

MBTI
    INTJ

Sorry. I would if I could, but I can't. Get back to me in six months if no one else jumps into this thread to explain what I mean.
    I suck at explaining my views, and even more so in English, which I think might have caused you to misread me. At this point, I don't know if I even want to post any more on this board (though I might continue to read) because there is really no point in me trying to express myself, it just always seem to fail. There is no point in discussing your views with others if you are unable to communicate your views.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It is impossible for any of us to prove anything, we might only find indications of her type. ISFP sounds very unlikely to be her type, by the way. How many ISFPs attend Harvard?
    I understand that. I was simply dealing with the notion that the traits you listed had to somehow be "NF" traits. They are not categorically NF traits, I've definitely and commonly seen them in SF's among others.

Honestly, Portman comes off more as an SJ. But I will have to do the research, this is just my initial impression.

[I don't know how many ISFPs attend Harvard, but the only weight I see in that sort of argument is that ISFPs tend not to be disciplined at their studies and would seem to have trouble keeping up with such a rigorous academic itinerary....]

Because there are few female ISTJ actors, concluding a female actor is one, would need more evidence. Extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof.
    I do see where you are getting at here. I do not think it's on the level of "extraordinary," but it's just one factor to consider among many.

Still, in terms of typing, I would be less concerned that she is an actor and more concerned in her style of acting:

1. What roles does she excel at? What roles has she seemed misplaced in?
    2. How does she prepare for a role? How does she practice?
    3. How does she interact with others when the cameras stop?
    4. What are her priorities when acting? Methodology? Philosophy of acting?

All of those things, I think, would tip us more off to her type than just the fact she happens to be an actor. All the data just works together to give a clearer picture.

I suck at explaining my views, and even more so in English,
    What is your native tongue, Splittet? I didn't even realize you weren't naturally trained in English... (It seemed coherent and casual enough to me.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

I suck at explaining my views, and even more so in English, which I think might have caused you to misread me. At this point, I don't know if I even want to post any more on this board (though I might continue to read) because there is really no point in me trying to express myself, it just always seem to fail. There is no point in discussing your views with others if you are unable to communicate your views.
    Aw, dude, don't let my INTJ allergy chase you away.

Won't someone please nicely explain to Splittet the demerits of his approach to typing?

Edit: Thank you Jen.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Won't someone please nicely explain to Splittet the demerits of his approach to typing?

Edit: Thank you Jen.

Never send a J to do a P's job.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I understand that. I was simply dealing with the notion that the traits you listed had to somehow be "NF" traits. They are not categorically NF traits, I've definitely and commonly seen them in SF's among others.
    I agree, they are not categorically NF traits at all (and I never claimed so). They just tend to be most common among NFs, that doesn’t mean they don’t exist among other types.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What is your native tongue, Splittet? I didn't even realize you weren't naturally trained in English... (It seemed coherent and casual enough to me.)
    I am Norwegian, so my native tongue is Norwegian.
    Last edited by Bellflower; 07-26-2007 at 03:01 PM. Reason: fixed quote codes... :)

MBTI
    INTJ

I agree, they are not categorically NF traits at all (and I never claimed so). They just tend to be most common among NFs, that doesn’t mean they don’t exist among other types.
    Exactly. That's why one can't use those traits (or the profession of acting) as a definitive argument against someone being ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Exactly. That's why one can't use those traits (or the profession of acting) as a definitive argument against someone being ISTJ.
    And I never did, I just saw them as strong indications. I understand I see them as much stronger indications than you though, but as definitive proof? No. I still think there is a chance she is ISTJ, but that they are very slim.