• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rowan Atkinson

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Comedian/Actor: Mr Bean, Blackadder, Johnny English

INFJ

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
needs an inventive mind to come up with all the jokes in monthy pythons flying circus. Together with john cleese as intj, why not entp ?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
needs an inventive mind to come up with all the jokes in monthy pythons flying circus. Together with john cleese as intj, why not entp ?

Rowan Atkinson wasn't in Monty Python.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Besides, I find it highly unlikely he is an Extrovert. His degree was in Electrical Engineering or something like that and he would spend hours and hours just tinkering with stuff like that. At Oxford, when he joined the Sketch group, he didn't say a word for the first few meet-ups, as such he was referring to as a cushion because he'd just sit there and not do anything. He's also notoriously private. He is also very introverted personally until he has an inspiring script in front of him, when he comes to life.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Definitely introverted and intuitive, probably Enneagram 5. Once said he loves being in Vegas, not to play, but to watch people. Seems attracted to parts with high Fi (Mr Bean(INFP), Rat Race(ESFP) or high Ti (school principal sketch INTX, Blackadder(XNTP). I know he has quite a car collection, so Se?

I don't know what all this adds up to, but my first guess was INTJ. But I could conceivably lean towards INFJ.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
At Oxford, when he joined the Sketch group, he didn't say a word for the first few meet-ups, as such he was referring to as a cushion because he'd just sit there and not do anything.

Now I'm thinking INTP.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well the reason I lean towards INFJ is how passionately he fought a UK law change which would have made it difficult for comedians to make fun of religions or something like that.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well the reason I lean towards INFJ is how passionately he fought a UK law change which would have made it difficult for comedians to make fun of religions or something like that.
That's a meager reason if I've heard one, and I've heard many.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Besides, I find it highly unlikely he is an Extrovert. His degree was in Electrical Engineering or something like that and he would spend hours and hours just tinkering with stuff like that. At Oxford, when he joined the Sketch group, he didn't say a word for the first few meet-ups, as such he was referring to as a cushion because he'd just sit there and not do anything. He's also notoriously private. He is also very introverted personally until he has an inspiring script in front of him, when he comes to life.

Well yeah :D .. Tinkering and stuff, being real quite unequals Extroversion. There we go again, the neverending story :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well yeah :D .. Tinkering and stuff, being real quite unequals Extroversion. There we go again, the neverending story :D
I don't agree with dyna's differentiation scheme myself, but I do think Atkinson is I, just from watching him work.

Like I said before, when you watch an ENTP comedian work, they're very aware of and concerned with the audience, while an INTP focuses on the material more, in comparison.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
He seems so talented with character details and inspired from his normal quietness to a great performance, I'd go with some sort of SP. Maybe ISTP or ISFP.

I also know he's a collector of classic cars.. really into it.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
That site can't even spell Chuck Yeager's name right, how are they supposed to type Rowan Atkinson?

Between ISTP and INTP, he's INTP.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Yeah maybe... if you search for Rowan and ISTP, he's listed as such on a few sites.. so maybe it comes from a real test?