User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Rowan Atkinson

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Yeah maybe... if you search for Rowan and ISTP, he's listed as such on a few sites.. so maybe it comes from a real test?
    It's possible, but I think just as likely that these type jobs get spread around because of the philosophy "If it's written down, it must be true."

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

An ISTP is more likely to be obsessive about cars and to do an electrical engineering degree than an INTP.
    4w5 sp

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    An ISTP is more likely to be obsessive about cars and to do an electrical engineering degree than an INTP.
    I would agree with the likelyhood of the former, but not the latter. In any case, hobbies/interests is my least favorite way to type people.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think he's an INTP- possibly ENTP.
    Saying he's an ISTP because he's interested in cars is like saying Jimmy Carter is an INFP because he was a Rhodes Scholar
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INXP

Gotta love the anti sensor bias in this thread.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Gotta love the anti sensor bias in this thread.
    Yeah, it particularly amuses me on this site when people in an attempt to stereotype others and only end up stereotyping themselves more The predictability makes me laugh sometimes though.

Any one who thinks ISTPs are likely to have difficulty in the humour department should try my brother sometime. His whole life seems to be on the verge of being one big joke just waiting for him to get pissed enough to tell it. Admittedly it mostly seems to consist of things like accidentally catching a parked car while driving to the river to fish, and waking up drunk with a goanna in his underpants in the Australian outback... but of such things might careers be made, I suppose!

*Ahem* I think ISTP might be a pretty good assessment for Atkinson from what I've read at any rate, particularly with the combination of reserved personality, zany humour and mechanical aptitude. In my experience, however, the car collecting would most likely be not so much for the sheer experience of having them, but for the opportunity to convert them into something more exciting, possibly with seats removed, converted to run on kerosene, and having the exhaust repositioned to come out over the driver's side window after it broke off doing competitive wall-jumping (Yes, he actually did this). If Atkinson in adittion posesses something like a quad bike too, this will merely help to confirm the diagnosis...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It's possible, but I think just as likely that these type jobs get spread around because of the philosophy "If it's written down, it must be true."
    I agree. That's why I don't trust the majority of sites that give an MBTI type to a celebrity/famous person. They usually just copy from one site that's probably wrong anyway. I'd rather try to form my own opinion of the celebrity, it's more often accurate.