123 Last

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

Default Ayn Rand is undoubtedly an ENTJ not an INTJ

Who else thinks Ayn Rand is undoubtedly an ENTJ, not an INTJ as she is most commonly typed as?

In terms of socionics she's an Intraverted Extratim which basically explains why she appears introverted but is driven by extraverted thinking.

Her philosophy and novels all convey some sort of an urgent mission that needs to be reached and completed; she clearly shows black and white thinking executed in an almost merciless manner; her main characters are always very highly critical of the slightest bit of incompetence in others and they're almost completely unwavering in their beliefs and judgments.

"I have no need for good souls; an accomplice is what I want"--Sartre

psychic changes are born in your heart, entertain.

Blog

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow_Jem View Post
    Her philosophy and novels all convey some sort of an urgent mission that needs to be reached and completed; she clearly shows black and white thinking executed in an almost merciless manner; her main characters are always very highly critical of the slightest bit of incompetence in others and they're almost completely unwavering in their beliefs and judgments.
    I suppose ENTJ is at any rate the natural assumption one might make for the kind of ideology you describe, as it is also the natural assumption to make that an INTJ is more likely to write a book about an ideology than go out in the real world and try to put it into action as an ENTJ might.

A more interesting question to me, however, is just why Americans seem to be so interested in the damm woman when almost no-one else takes her seriously either as a writer or philosopher. I would love someone who is NOT American to show up here and tell me that they've at least summoned up enough interest to actually bother reading her, but I suspect such people are pretty thin on the ground...

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    I suppose ENTJ is at any rate the natural assumption one might make for the kind of ideology you describe, as it is also the natural assumption to make that an INTJ is more likely to write a book about an ideology than go out in the real world and try to put it into action as an ENTJ might.

A more interesting question to me, however, is just why Americans seem to be so interested in the damm woman when almost no-one else takes her seriously either as a writer or philosopher. I would love someone who is NOT American to show up here and tell me that they've at least summoned up enough interest to actually bother reading her, but I suspect such people are pretty thin on the ground...
    That's because Rand was an immigrant who frequently spoke of how much she loved America because it was one of the only places one could live out the kinds of lives her heroes and heroines do.

Europeans are more into the laid back reading and discussing of philosophies that present ideas and theories as something that's put out there for intellectualizing. Rand's philosophy is basically "read my shit and go kick your own ass and everyone else's to get to the top."

Blog

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Introverted Extratim is contradictory. Did you mean Logical Intuitive Extratim?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Gamma Quadra types generally appear more introverted.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Gamma Quadra types generally appear more introverted.
    That might be true, but Introverted Extratim is still a nonsensical contradiction-in-terms.

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Nope, I meant Introverted Extratim: http://socionist.blogspot.com/2008/0...traverted.html

Blog

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow_Jem View Post
    I skimmed it. It still seems...Ridiculous, for lack of a more appropriate term. It would mean that she's INTJ and ENTj.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Try looking at the law of non-contradiction.
    A can't be B and not B at the same time.

There's no way around it unless you somehow define introverted and introtim as different things.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

..."is"..... an entj.... ?

Tupac, Elvis and Ayn Rand walk into a bar.....