• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Doctor Who

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I respectfully disagree.
You seem to like talking a little too much for an introvert, and you've had some random Ne spasms over the board -- such as in my Socionics gallery thread. I think you're just a very reserved extrovert (most likely a Socionics ILI), which isn't very rare for ENxPs -- Ne is the least extroverted of all E functions.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
You seem to like talking a little too much for an introvert, and you've had some random Ne spasms over the board -- such as in my Socionics gallery thread. I think you're just a very reserved extrovert (most likely a Socionics ILI), which isn't very rare for ENxPs -- Ne is the least extroverted of all E functions.

Well I can see what you mean with the random spasms of Ne. I can be talkative at times, but in reality, I'm really very much Ti controlled. I analyse everything for all possibilities and always think carefully before I act unless it's something meaningless (like the occasional random spasm). I focus on details, look for holes, facts etc.... Just in general, I have strong Ti control. I think my Ti tends to slip when I am tired, though, and I become closer to ENTP, because when I am exhausted, I have less energy for thinking, and just say random shit! :D Y'know, because Judgement is conscious but perception is unconscious.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
And I need a different hobby, because at the moment I am spending too much time trying to study typology and type fictional characters and keep getting bored on stuff I usually find interesting. It's actually not very useful to my real life at all, and is probably unhealthy to be focusing on.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bah, typology is awesome. And learning typology is a good avenue to learning how to read real people.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Bah, typology is awesome. And learning typology is a good avenue to learning how to read real people.

True. But I seem to have an awful sense of behaving and responding ideally with real people even when I can understand their psychological nuances in theory.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Full profiles:

Eleven- ENTP, 7w6 sp/sx, SLUE|I|, Promoter (Artisan)
Ten- ENFP, 2w3 sx/so, SLU|A|I, Teacher (Idyllic)
Nine- ENFP, 1w9 sx/sp, S|L|UEI, Field Marshal (Rational)

Amy- ENFP, 7w8 sx/sp, SLUE|I|, Champion (Idyllic)
Rory- ISFJ, 2w1 so/sx, RCO|A|I, Protector (Guardian)
River- ENTJ, 8w7 sp/sx, S|C|OEI, Field Marshal (Rational)

Adelaide- ESTJ, 6w7 so/sp, SC|O|EN, Administrator (Rational)
Lady Christina- ISTP, 7w8 sp/sx, RCU|E|I, Craftsman (Artisan)
Jackson- ENFP, 2w3 so/sx, SLU|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
Rosita- ESFJ, 2w1 so/sp, SLOA|N|, Provider (Guardian)

Wilfred- ENFP, 6w5 sp/sx, RCUA|I|, Inventor (Rational)
Donna- ESFJ, 1w2 so/sx, SL|O|AI, Administrator (Guardian)
Martha- INFJ, 2w1 sx/so, RCOA|I|, Counselor (Idyllic)
Captain Jack- ESFP, 7w8 sx/sp, |S|CUEI, Promoter (Artisan)
Adam- INTJ, 5w4 sp/so, RCOE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Mickey- ISFP, 9w1 sx/so, |R|LUAI, Artist (Artisan)
Rose- ESFP, 7w6 sx/sp, SC|U|AI, Performer (Artisan)

I'm beginning to doubt Amy as an ENFP. I can't remember what was intuitive about her, save the Van Gogh episode. Help! Also how is Rose not ENFP? She seemed to always love saving people, not saying ESFPs don't but wouldn't NFs love traveling with the Doctor to help save people while SPs would love knowing they helped but would love the adventure more.

Agree with everything else though. I'm not disagreeing btw, I lost all my DW on my DVR and don't have enough cash to buy the dvds and for some reason this keeps bugging me.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's no real reason an Se user would prefer adventure over helping people; it's just that most do. I didn't see any thought patterns from Rose that suggest Ne > Se.

Amy on the other hand frequently is seen thinking in terms of possibilities, of options -- such as, "What if we don't have to kill the whale OR let it suffer? What if we just free it?"

I usually just stream the show. There are numerous good sites to do that.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Amy on the other hand frequently is seen thinking in terms of possibilities, of options -- such as, "What if we don't have to kill the whale OR let it suffer? What if we just free it?"

I usually just stream the show. There are numerous good sites to do that.
Thank you.

And yeaaah I couldn't see Rose thinking what Amy did about the whale. I totally forgot that episode * facepalm*.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not just that... the Ne is all over. Like, when the Doctor told her "whatever holds the image of an angel is an angel," and from that she figured out she could pause the angel when it flickered and it'd disappear.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So, I'm just watching through this series (revised) for the first time. And I have to say: Daleks as some kind of extreme ISTJ? Someone posited ENTJ earlier, and I definitely don't see that.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Daleks are ESTJ, I think. Davros is INTJ.

F

figsfiggyfigs

WHO SAW THAT LAST EPISODE?!?!!? DID ANYONE ELSE HAVE A GIANT WTF MOMENT?!?!?!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Um, this whole new series is shit. Yeah, I saw that coming the minute they introduced "Amy Pond" last season. Then confirmed when she named the girl Melody. Me and the hubby were like "hmm, sounds oddly like River Song". And that line about the most important thing is "the river in the forest" a few episodes back... yeah, it was all very hinted at.

What I really thought was crap was that Amy was a skin walker or whatever this whole time. Yeah, ok. Don't they realize that everyone has already seen Avatar?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dr. Who is an ENTP (the 10th)

Come here [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION].

I think he is an ENTP because OBVIOUSLY he uses Ne, but I also believe he uses Ti and not Fi. If you could provide me with examples of why you believe he is Fi, I will be more inclined to listen.

R

Riva

Dr. Who is an ENTP (the 10th)

Come here [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION].

I think he is an ENTP because OBVIOUSLY he uses Ne, but I also believe he uses Ti and not Fi. If you could provide me with examples of why you believe he is Fi, I will be more inclined to listen.

Sorry for the very late reply.

Proving the 10th Doctor is not an ENTP but an ENFP is a hard thing to do. Wish it was that easy. Maybe why I see him as an ENFP is because David Tennant is one?

Good way to type him will be to distinguish between the 10th (ENFP) and the 11th (ENTP) Doctors.

Tertiary functions -

The 10th when annoyed or angered gets strict with things (Te?) which is a ENFPs tertiary function. Whereas the 11th (who is an ENTP) would have short term Fe bursts. ENFP though extremely tolerant when feel that someone is being unjust becomes strict and bureaucratic. (Which was evident in the 10th Doctor than in most others.) Whereas ENTPs out there (points at handsome self) wouldn't get bureaucratic at all. I/ENTPs laugh things off, tease and annoy the person who is being unjust. (With a smile on my face of course.) *Loves talking about self*. What do you do when feel someone is being unjust? Now relate that to the 10th Doctor and the 11th. Who is closer to you. Also if I recall correctly the 11th annoys his opponents quite often.

Also distinguishing how they interact with others -

The 10th tries to emotionally bond with others (Fi), whereas the 11th tries to bring people together (Fe). Both are people persons. But the 11th has something in him that suggests loving interacting with people than bonding. Whereas the 10th has something which screams bonding (Fi) with others than loving the mere interaction.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION], I haven't made it to the 11th Doctor yet, but I'll try to respond the best I can.

Proving the 10th Doctor is not an ENTP but an ENFP is a hard thing to do. Wish it was that easy. Maybe why I see him as an ENFP is because David Tennant is one?

Good way to type him will be to distinguish between the 10th (ENFP) and the 11th (ENTP) Doctors.

Tertiary functions -

The 10th when annoyed or angered gets strict with things (Te?) which is a ENFPs tertiary function.

Well, I can say the same for myself. Whereas the 11th (who is an ENTP) would have short term Fe bursts. ENFP though extremely tolerant when feel that someone is being unjust becomes strict and bureaucratic. (Which was evident in the 10th Doctor than in most others.) Whereas ENTPs out there (points at handsome self) wouldn't get bureaucratic at all. I/ENTPs laugh things off, tease and annoy the person who is being unjust. (With a smile on my face of course.) *Loves talking about self*. What do you do when feel someone is being unjust? Now relate that to the 10th Doctor and the 11th. Who is closer to you. Also if I recall correctly the 11th annoys his opponents quite often.

For myself, if I feel someone is being unjust, I directly call them out on it. I tend to call out inconsistencies. Isn't that more Ti? I can see both ENFPs and ENTPs becoming irritable at injustices, but I do see ENTPs laughing it off more.

Because I am around unhealthy ENFPs (seriously, the 4 ENFPs I know have problems), it is a little harder for me to say. They tend to get very emotional and asshole-y when people try to control them. And they tend to get off subject when someone is being unjust, as well as all over the place.

Also distinguishing how they interact with others -

The 10th tries to emotionally bond with others (Fi), whereas the 11th tries to bring people together (Fe). Both are people persons. But the 11th has something in him that suggests loving interacting with people than bonding. Whereas the 10th has something which screams bonding (Fi) with others than loving the mere interaction.

I relate to trying to bond with others- if I am intrigued by them. Does the 10th deliberately go out of his way to bond with others? It doesn't seem that way. Sometimes, when I am trying to discern type, I put myself in the others shoes or try to guess what they will say.

Does the 10th filter the world through Ne, then line it up with his Fi? It seems that while he has strong values, they are not what defines him.

I have also noticed- when the 10th interacts with others, he is warm and friendly, but has a distance about him. I notice that when ENFPs interact with others, the distance is a little different. It is a like a guarded distance (if you look for it- seems like they can be very good at hiding their hiding). However, the 10th simply has a spacey look to him that says the gears in his head are turning.

He isn't intentionally guarding anything. He is just a bit mentally preoccupied.

As a note, ENFPs on the whole tend to get offended really easily. The 10th seems to let things roll off much more easily.

phoenix777

MBTI Type
ISTP
River Song

Any idea of what character type River Song might be? Intuitive?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Damn it, I just read a spoiler. I just made it to the current season. I knew I didn't like Amy. I knew it. :angry: