User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: Doctor Who

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

personally, i like it when others think i can't plan.

feeds right into my plan.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    This goes without saying, everyone thinks. But to make it seem like ENTPs can't plan or whatever you were trying to assert is ridiculous. Do you even know any ENTPs?
    ENTPs can plan, but not in the long term, not in the way Seven does. Ne Ti is a far too mentally disorganized process combination to allow it. As a general rule ENTPs just wing it, their strength being, as you said before, thinking on their feet.

This line was enough to make me stop and realize how ridiculous this conversation is. I don't think you thoroughly understand what the functions are and how they operate. Ok fine, who cares? You seem set on The Doctor being what you want him to be. Fine, great. Go in peace. See ya!
    This can be summed up in one word: Uncle. Bye then.

I'm actually starting to seriously doubt you're an ENTP. Ti represents a sharp attentiveness to the intricacies and specifics of a situation, object, or principle; which you seem to severely lack. Twice already you've failed to comprehend one of my arguments, to your own detriment, and you linked to one source that does nothing but reinforce my own argument, indicating you either didn't read it or didn't comprehend it. And then there's the fact you chose to respond to my last post as if it was addressed to you (it was addressed to the idiot that posted below you, who seems to think that "he can think" is a valid argument for T), which indicates Fi use...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Wow, what a debate here. For whatever it's worth (not very much, I'll wager), I think the Doctor is fundamentally ENTP, but David Tennant's Doctor was written with a ton of Fi (and I think that Tennant himself is ENFP, which comes through). Matt Smith's Doctor seems to have very poorly developed Fe and seems insensitive to/dismissive of social norms and niceties in many cases.

Just watched "Vincent and the Doctor." I still think that Amy is an incredibly poorly/inconsistently-drawn character, but I am coming around to the idea that she's ENFP.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I'm actually starting to seriously doubt you're an ENTP.
    Yeah, you caught me. :rolli:

(it was addressed to the idiot that posted below you,
    That was a very rude and unnecessary response.

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post

Just watched "Vincent and the Doctor." I still think that Amy is an incredibly poorly/inconsistently-drawn character, but I am coming around to the idea that she's ENFP.
    Good observations. I would agree with you there. She's definitely an NFP - I waver between I and E, leaning towards I on most days. I also think she's been inconsistently drawn so it's hard to tell. I actually liked that episode but I still can't understand Amy. I guess we'll figure out more once we learn her story - where her parents are, where her aunt is, why that crack is following her. All of that stuff may be the key to why she appears so random to us.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Twice already you've failed to comprehend one of my arguments, to your own detriment, and you linked to one source that does nothing but reinforce my own argument, indicating you either didn't read it or didn't comprehend it.
    Dude, you haven't made any arguments. All you've done is assert. (That's Fi speaking.) In the face of extensive, well-supported and extensively reasoned counter-arguments (that's Ti), you remain deathly silent.

When you do reply, you ignore most of the reasoning, dismiss most of the rest with a handwave, and then respond to one or two buried nuggets with a bewildering lack of understanding of the functions and how they exhibit themselves in a working model.

The only Te that you've been exhibiting is in your insistence that the model comport itself to your own a priori needs and assumptions. And if it doesn't, you'll make it fit.

To put it more simply, your belligerence is second only to your ignorance. All considered, you are a horrible bore.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Aleksei, you know what I meant by "thinking" in the Myers-Briggs sense. Obviously, we can all think. But if you are going to use MBT letters, then you can't act like you don't know that the letters represent differences. And the name-calling really doesn't help your point, dude.

From what I've seen of Amy so far (up to "The Hungry Earth") I think she's SP. Haven't really seen any evidence of "N" yet. Seems more utilitarian and sensation-seeking to me.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    From what I've seen of Amy so far (up to "The Hungry Earth") I think she's SP. Haven't really seen any evidence of "N" yet. Seems more utilitarian and sensation-seeking to me.
    Yeah, she does have a lot of S qualities. That's why I'm conflicted. ENFPs can be really sensation seeking, too. And she also has a very dreamy quality to her. She's a tough one to figure out. But I guess we can all agree on xxFP... that's a start, at least.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Dude, you haven't made any arguments. All you've done is assert. (That's Fi speaking.) In the face of extensive, well-supported and extensively reasoned counter-arguments (that's Ti), you remain deathly silent.

When you do reply, you ignore most of the reasoning, dismiss most of the rest with a handwave, and then respond to one or two buried nuggets with a bewildering lack of understanding of the functions and how they exhibit themselves in a working model.

The only Te that you've been exhibiting is in your insistence that the model comport itself to your own a priori needs and assumptions. And if it doesn't, you'll make it fit.

To put it more simply, your belligerence is second only to your ignorance. All considered, you are a horrible bore.
    This is basically just one huge-ass ad hom fallacy (thus a cheap dodge), and wholly incorrect in any case. I don't handwave away arguments, I just respond to the general gist of the response (for example, your argument had the problem that it ignores Ten's basic motivation: Fe symathy rather than Fi values) rather than whittling down the little details and being dickish about it -- which is a waste of time and risks veering the discussion off-topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Aleksei, you know what I meant by "thinking" in the Myers-Briggs sense. Obviously, we can all think. But if you are going to use MBT letters, then you can't act like you don't know that the letters represent differences.
    Of course not. I'm just pointing out that while NF Doctors are generally nearly as Thinking as NT Doctors, their objective reasoning takes a different shape -- heavily Te in addition to the ever-present Ti.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    That was a very rude and unnecessary response.
    Would an ENTP care?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole