ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_ View Post
    Matt Smith - ENTP
    Karen Gillan - INFP
    That's funny because I really thought of Amy Pond as a spunky INFP but just couldn't make sense of that concept.

But if she's playing Amy Pond as an INFP, then the Fi-Si loop thing would make sense. And the overwhelming Fi would also make sense.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

SPOILERS...

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    She totally was prepared to take the risk of killing herself, and The Doctor - and her unborn child - all because she felt love for Rory. There was no logical reason to believe that this was the dream - she just felt like she couldn't live without him. Giving it all up for love doesn't seem very Ti to me.
    I don't really know that I would characterize that choice as necessarily involving Fi, or being indicative of Amy leading with Fi. How people react in life-or-death situations where they've seen someone they love die moments earlier doesn't really lend itself to logical decisions even for people who lead with a thinking process. Particularly when there's no "right answer" to be had. I think that Amy behaves more-or-less instinctually (and/or to suit the needs of the plot, but that's a whole other issue) and is confused and more than a little messed-up. Based on what we've seen, she doesn't really have any sense of who she is or what she wants, and has a very limited capacity to form healthy attachments/relationships. So whatever type we're seeing, it's definitely not going to be a healthy example. Maybe she is a really stunted, disillusioned NFP, or something, although I don't know that I'm seeing that so far. In any case, at least the few most recent episodes have given me confidence that the writers aren't just going to gloss over her issues and that we'll see some development in the second half of this series.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    I could probably get on board with Amy being E or F. She's just sort of callous and calculating at times, which makes me think T...but, again, probably just really damaged. Although I think she has a lot of Ti...think of the way she interacted with the Doctor as a child (so unfazed and practical). Maybe it's too soon in the series to be able to type the character.
    You're right-it might be too soon to type her. But on your "Ti" thing- i believe, the reason for her introverted thinking, when interacting with the Doctor is the fact she's an enfp. Enfps are known to mirror the person they're around. or let me, say, their behavior. i did it with my bio partner. Now this is just my theory. She could be infp, or a bird, either way, i think she's a interested character, who has an important role in this series.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    SPOILERS...

I don't really know that I would characterize that choice as necessarily involving Fi, or being indicative of Amy leading with Fi. How people react in life-or-death situations where they've seen someone they love die moments earlier doesn't really lend itself to logical decisions even for people who lead with a thinking process. Particularly when there's no "right answer" to be had. I think that Amy behaves more-or-less instinctually (and/or to suit the needs of the plot, but that's a whole other issue) and is confused and more than a little messed-up. Based on what we've seen, she doesn't really have any sense of who she is or what she wants, and has a very limited capacity to form healthy attachments/relationships. So whatever type we're seeing, it's definitely not going to be a healthy example. Maybe she is a really stunted, disillusioned NFP, or something, although I don't know that I'm seeing that so far. In any case, at least the few most recent episodes have given me confidence that the writers aren't just going to gloss over her issues and that we'll see some development in the second half of this series.
    In the first episode, she said that she kept biting her shrinks because they didn't believe her. She definitely reacts on instinct. How she feels in that moment.

While the Doctor is trying to save the world, the sky is going dark, she locks his tie in car because she wants her answer. Telling the car owner to buzz off, basically, because she has her needs.

Entering Agent Zero's perception filter room, without even stopping to ask or to listen.

Living in that fantasy world for years and years... so Fi to me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Also, in the Beast Below, she went on and on about how she couldn't understand the Doctor not interfering with peoples and planets because that would be "cold and detached". And she was the one who realized that the space whale was a tortured soul, not just a tortured body.

The Doctor got really mad at her for trying to protect him from the truth by erasing her memory and recording that message. It doesn't seem a very Ti thing to do - to withhold the truth in order to spare someone's feelings.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

First Doctor- INTJ
    Second Doctor- ENFP
    Third Doctor- ISTP
    Fourth Doctor- ENFP
    Fifth Doctor- INFP
    Sixth Doctor- ENTJ
    Seventh Doctor- INTJ
    Eighth Doctor- INFJ
    Ninth Doctor- ENFP
    Tenth Doctor- ENTP
    Eleventh Doctor - ENTP
    The Doctor's core personality (The key personality traits each new incarnation maintains)- INTP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Yeah, so -- if you insist that he's never actually been an INTP, where do you get the conclusion that this embodies his personality traits? I mean, what exactly are you basing this on?

As an addendum, he ain't like any INTP I've known. And historically, just about everyone I've known closely is an INTP. Somehow or other. Though I'm not sure where there's room to argue if you insist he's never actually been an INTP but somehow mystically is one at heart. That's some special sauce, there.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Ninth Doctor- ENFP
    Tenth Doctor- ENTP
    Eleventh Doctor - ENTP
    The Doctor's core personality (The key personality traits each new incarnation maintains)- INTP
    You've insisted previously - either here or in that other thread, I don't remember - that the 10th doctor was the only one that was any sort of NTP and that he reminded you very much of yourself. I claimed that the 10th doctor was the *only* one who wasn't an NTP and thought he might be an ENFP. Now I see you've switched your type to ENFP... but are now claiming that 10 is an ENTP?

Care to clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Yeah, so -- if you insist that he's never actually been an INTP, where do you get the conclusion that this embodies his personality traits? I mean, what exactly are you basing this on?
    My goodness, why bother? The answer would only confuse us more.

He obviously has an impression of what he thinks an NTP must be, disregarding all personal accounts of what actual NTPs are saying we are like. And to further that, he once thought he was an ENTP and is now an ENFP - so my guess is that he's not sure what the actual difference is between types, so I'll disregard any opinions from him.

Though I'm not sure where there's room to argue if you insist he's never actually been an INTP but somehow mystically is one at heart. That's some special sauce, there.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    You've insisted previously - either here or in that other thread, I don't remember - that the 10th doctor was the only one that was any sort of NTP and that he reminded you very much of yourself. I claimed that the 10th doctor was the *only* one who wasn't an NTP and thought he might be an ENFP. Now I see you've switched your type to ENFP... but are now claiming that 10 is an ENTP?

Care to clarify?
    He's an obvious Ti user. The son of a bitch is a gadget junkie.

He still reminds me of myself personality-wise, probably because we're both Ne-doms (and I'm not exactly your typical ENFP ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole