User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Doctor Who

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    I agree that Donna's quite sharp, but she is so in a different way than the Doctor is. She recognizes things based on how they fit into he past experiences (Si) and figures them out from there. The Doctor has a habit of missing the trees for the forest, and Donna sees the trees. I think Donna's a great companion because her strengths and the Doctor's compliment one another nicely.
    This.

Two instances stand out in my memory (spoilers, I guess) - Donna noting that there were no sick days taken by the employees at that company, and recognising how strange that was, and Donna working out, after attending to them and following them along for an entire episode, that the engravings in that underground city were dates.

That seems to be Donna's brand of genius - taking in little pieces of information that the Doctor overlooks, and working at them to fit them together and into a wider context of past experience, and working up to an interesting conclusion from those details. It seems very Si-with-Je to me.

I also think that she has to be an F. One of the most consistent aspects of her characterisation (and one of the things I like best about her) is her constant questioning the doctor's morality. I also think she's more SF than NF, since her moral subjects are usually individuals. The doctor is very much morally concerned, but he's more inclined to lose sight of the individual in pursuit of some more general moral concern, or, sometimes, with some non-moral fascination.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde
    Anyway, that being said, Donna is my favorite companion of this new series.
    Definitely.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

So yeah, I'm still seeing ESFJ. Granted, if so, she's probably the coolest ESFJ fictional character I can even think of.
    I wrote a long response to this which then got deleted by accident :steam:. Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    This.

Two instances stand out in my memory (spoilers, I guess) - Donna noting that there were no sick days taken by the employees at that company, and recognising how strange that was, and Donna working out, after attending to them and following them along for an entire episode, that the engravings in that underground city were dates.

That seems to be Donna's brand of genius - taking in little pieces of information that the Doctor overlooks, and working at them to fit them together and into a wider context of past experience, and working up to an interesting conclusion from those details. It seems very Si-with-Je to me.

I also think that she has to be an F. One of the most consistent aspects of her characterisation (and one of the things I like best about her) is her constant questioning the doctor's morality. I also think she's more SF than NF, since her moral subjects are usually individuals. The doctor is very much morally concerned, but he's more inclined to lose sight of the individual in pursuit of some more general moral concern, or, sometimes, with some non-moral fascination.

Definitely.
    Yeah, what I wrote before that I didn't get a chance to post was that she really feels ExTP to me, and even reminds me of myself when I was younger in some ways. Living with someone who constantly tears you down can have a negative effect on your self esteem and can make you live in your shadow, which is what I thought she was doing.

I also have a lot of Fe, as a woman in my 30s, it's not surprising that she would as well by that point. I would have refused to travel with the doctor for the same reasons, if I had just witnessed a genocide. I wouldn't have volunteered myself to be the person who stops him since I couldn't be bothered, though. But you don't need to be an F to care about people, and I don't think she has Fe in the "social convention" sense. After she turned the Doctor down, she traveled and investigated supernatural crimes and actively looked for the Doctor. She didn't try, or care to, look for another fiance. She realized what she was good at.

And when she bluntly rejected the Doctor, she made a decision and that was that.

She can seem S ish to me sometimes since she packed an entire trunk of clothes, including a hat box, to travel with the Doctor and like you said, has more of a concrete memory. ESTP? Possibly. But could be NT also. She really can follow the Doctor's train of thought and he's an N. And she sucks at anything physical.

I would also have been the one to see numbers and try to figure out their pattern. She also learned the dewey decimal system in only 2 days. She is a very thorough investigator and has a penchant for it. That is very Ti-ish to me.

She is not afraid, or even respectful, of authority - I loved the way she yelled at the traffic cop in The End of Time, as an example.

Also, she asks such Ti questions without hesitation. When she was transported into the Tardis for the first time and panicked (on her wedding day) she opened the doors and immediately recognized her situation and said "how am I breathing?".

When she missed her wedding and the Doctor asked if she was all right, she simply said "doesn't matter". Then she faked tears to get the wedding party to forgive her.

Seems like such a T type to me.

Wilf even recounted a tale that Donna took the bus by herself when she was 6 to go to some city when her mom refused to take her on a vacation. And on her first day of school, she was sent home for biting like was said in the Runaway Bride. She is just so fierce and independent, but the years of belittling had taken their toll.

But I guess we can always find different things to support our "case". At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    But I guess we can always find different things to support our "case". At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.
    I think that's definitely true. I do think you raise a lot of good points, though. In any case, it's definitely an interesting discussion!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

So, what do we think about Amy Pond's type? ISTP, maybe? Too damaged to type? Too much of a cipher to type? Her fiancee seems very much ISFP.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

So, what do we think about Amy Pond's type? ISTP, maybe? Too damaged to type? Too much of a cipher to type? Her fiancee seems very much ISFP.
    Amy, definitely, not an T. but maybe enfp or enfj.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    Jipe
    Enneagram
    Memb
    Socionics
    Er

Haven't seen much of the new series yet but she seemed E-FP to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I could probably get on board with Amy being E or F. She's just sort of callous and calculating at times, which makes me think T...but, again, probably just really damaged. Although I think she has a lot of Ti...think of the way she interacted with the Doctor as a child (so unfazed and practical). Maybe it's too soon in the series to be able to type the character.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Ts are not cold and calculating!!

She seems to run on Fi. Did you see Amy's Choice yet? It's the one that got released in the UK today. If not, I won't post my thoughts about her Fi-ness just yet because I don't want to ruin it for you. But to me, she seems Fi to the max.

She also seems Si crazed. I mean, how many years did she spend drawing the doctor, convincing Rory to dress up like him, looking to the sky - clinging to her past, never moving on... I would actually say she's an xNFP stuck in a Fi-Si loop, but I don't get much Ne from her. I guess I never really paid attention to her before tonight's episode - she always seemed so... vapid. I need more time, I don't know.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Ts are not cold and calculating!!
    Okay, that came out wrong! Of course not.

She seems to run on Fi. Did you see Amy's Choice yet? It's the one that got released in the UK today. If not, I won't post my thoughts about her Fi-ness just yet because I don't want to ruin it for you. But to me, she seems Fi to the max.

She also seems Si crazed. I mean, how many years did she spend drawing the doctor, convincing Rory to dress up like him, looking to the sky - clinging to her past, never moving on... I would actually say she's an xNFP stuck in a Fi-Si loop, but I don't get much Ne from her. I guess I never really paid attention to her before tonight's episode - she always seemed so... vapid. I need more time, I don't know.
    I just watched Amy's Choice tonight. I'm not sure what to think based on that episode. As a character, Amy seems so wishy-washy. I think she's, unfortunately, been used as a plot device rather than developed as an organic character in several episodes (particularly "The Beat Below" and "Victory of the Daleks"). We're only just getting back on track with character development as of "Vampires in Venice" and the most recent episode. In any case, I'm not at all confident on typing her, which is why I wanted to hear others' opinions. I still see Ti in the way she interacts with the Doctor, but that could be another function manifesting itself.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

She totally was prepared to take the risk of killing herself, and The Doctor - and her unborn child - all because she felt love for Rory. There was no logical reason to believe that this was the dream - she just felt like she couldn't live without him. Giving it all up for love doesn't seem very Ti to me.

And there was almost no Fe there, as far as I could see. As opposed to Rory, whose dying words were to take care of their unborn baby.

I see a lot of Si in her - like how she draws very linear conclusions - but I don't see any Ti in her, really. But it's still early.