User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I'm just watching through this series (revised) for the first time. And I have to say: Daleks as some kind of extreme ISTJ? Someone posited ENTJ earlier, and I definitely don't see that.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    ESE
    Post Thanks / Like

The Daleks are ESTJ, I think. Davros is INTJ.

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

figsfiggyfigs

WHO SAW THAT LAST EPISODE?!?!!? DID ANYONE ELSE HAVE A GIANT WTF MOMENT?!?!?!

half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Post Thanks / Like

Um, this whole new series is shit. Yeah, I saw that coming the minute they introduced "Amy Pond" last season. Then confirmed when she named the girl Melody. Me and the hubby were like "hmm, sounds oddly like River Song". And that line about the most important thing is "the river in the forest" a few episodes back... yeah, it was all very hinted at.

What I really thought was crap was that Amy was a skin walker or whatever this whole time. Yeah, ok. Don't they realize that everyone has already seen Avatar?

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Who is an ENTP (the 10th)

Come here @Riva.

I think he is an ENTP because OBVIOUSLY he uses Ne, but I also believe he uses Ti and not Fi. If you could provide me with examples of why you believe he is Fi, I will be more inclined to listen.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Dr. Who is an ENTP (the 10th)

Come here @Riva.

I think he is an ENTP because OBVIOUSLY he uses Ne, but I also believe he uses Ti and not Fi. If you could provide me with examples of why you believe he is Fi, I will be more inclined to listen.
    Sorry for the very late reply.

Proving the 10th Doctor is not an ENTP but an ENFP is a hard thing to do. Wish it was that easy. Maybe why I see him as an ENFP is because David Tennant is one?

Good way to type him will be to distinguish between the 10th (ENFP) and the 11th (ENTP) Doctors.

Tertiary functions -

The 10th when annoyed or angered gets strict with things (Te?) which is a ENFPs tertiary function. Whereas the 11th (who is an ENTP) would have short term Fe bursts. ENFP though extremely tolerant when feel that someone is being unjust becomes strict and bureaucratic. (Which was evident in the 10th Doctor than in most others.) Whereas ENTPs out there (points at handsome self) wouldn't get bureaucratic at all. I/ENTPs laugh things off, tease and annoy the person who is being unjust. (With a smile on my face of course.) *Loves talking about self*. What do you do when feel someone is being unjust? Now relate that to the 10th Doctor and the 11th. Who is closer to you. Also if I recall correctly the 11th annoys his opponents quite often.

Also distinguishing how they interact with others -

The 10th tries to emotionally bond with others (Fi), whereas the 11th tries to bring people together (Fe). Both are people persons. But the 11th has something in him that suggests loving interacting with people than bonding. Whereas the 10th has something which screams bonding (Fi) with others than loving the mere interaction.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Post Thanks / Like

@Riva, I haven't made it to the 11th Doctor yet, but I'll try to respond the best I can.

Proving the 10th Doctor is not an ENTP but an ENFP is a hard thing to do. Wish it was that easy. Maybe why I see him as an ENFP is because David Tennant is one?

Good way to type him will be to distinguish between the 10th (ENFP) and the 11th (ENTP) Doctors.

Tertiary functions -

The 10th when annoyed or angered gets strict with things (Te?) which is a ENFPs tertiary function.

Well, I can say the same for myself. Whereas the 11th (who is an ENTP) would have short term Fe bursts. ENFP though extremely tolerant when feel that someone is being unjust becomes strict and bureaucratic. (Which was evident in the 10th Doctor than in most others.) Whereas ENTPs out there (points at handsome self) wouldn't get bureaucratic at all. I/ENTPs laugh things off, tease and annoy the person who is being unjust. (With a smile on my face of course.) *Loves talking about self*. What do you do when feel someone is being unjust? Now relate that to the 10th Doctor and the 11th. Who is closer to you. Also if I recall correctly the 11th annoys his opponents quite often.
    For myself, if I feel someone is being unjust, I directly call them out on it. I tend to call out inconsistencies. Isn't that more Ti? I can see both ENFPs and ENTPs becoming irritable at injustices, but I do see ENTPs laughing it off more.

Because I am around unhealthy ENFPs (seriously, the 4 ENFPs I know have problems), it is a little harder for me to say. They tend to get very emotional and asshole-y when people try to control them. And they tend to get off subject when someone is being unjust, as well as all over the place.

Also distinguishing how they interact with others -

The 10th tries to emotionally bond with others (Fi), whereas the 11th tries to bring people together (Fe). Both are people persons. But the 11th has something in him that suggests loving interacting with people than bonding. Whereas the 10th has something which screams bonding (Fi) with others than loving the mere interaction.
    I relate to trying to bond with others- if I am intrigued by them. Does the 10th deliberately go out of his way to bond with others? It doesn't seem that way. Sometimes, when I am trying to discern type, I put myself in the others shoes or try to guess what they will say.

Does the 10th filter the world through Ne, then line it up with his Fi? It seems that while he has strong values, they are not what defines him.

I have also noticed- when the 10th interacts with others, he is warm and friendly, but has a distance about him. I notice that when ENFPs interact with others, the distance is a little different. It is a like a guarded distance (if you look for it- seems like they can be very good at hiding their hiding). However, the 10th simply has a spacey look to him that says the gears in his head are turning.

He isn't intentionally guarding anything. He is just a bit mentally preoccupied.

As a note, ENFPs on the whole tend to get offended really easily. The 10th seems to let things roll off much more easily.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Post Thanks / Like

Default River Song

Any idea of what character type River Song might be? Intuitive?

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix777 View Post
    Any idea of what character type River Song might be? Intuitive?
    I'm thinking on the lines of ENTP or ENTJ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn it, I just read a spoiler. I just made it to the current season. I knew I didn't like Amy. I knew it.