• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Doctor Who

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Am I the only one who sees Martha as an ISFJ? she is a very inconsistent character though... ranges from ISFP to ESTJ depending on the plot! same with Amy Pond, I think ISFP. But at times she seems ENFJ! Lazy character development, again. Like with Martha, think she is just filling a role. Shame.

Travelling with the Doctor seems to change people's characters. I'd say Rose was initially an ESFP but became ENFP.

Donna - ESFJ, no question really.

Micky Smith - ISTx

And the Doctor is ENTP, of course :D

As for Jack Harkness, I reckon he was initially ESTP. But after watching the latest Torchwood stuff he's veering toward ENTJ at times. He scares me a bit... :unsure:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't think they're all the same type. It's hard for me to remember sometimes they're all supposed to be the same person. 9th Doctor (Eccleston) was definitely ENTP. Tennant didn't give me an NT vibe. Smith's Doctor is such a weirdo I almost find him hard to type as a person and not an actual alien. Which may be because he is absolutely Fe-challenged. So perhaps ENTP with very limited Fe.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think they're all the same type. It's hard for me to remember sometimes they're all supposed to be the same person. 9th Doctor (Eccleston) was definitely ENTP. Tennant didn't give me an NT vibe. Smith's Doctor is such a weirdo I almost find him hard to type as a person and not an actual alien. Which may be because he is absolutely Fe-challenged. So perhaps ENTP with very limited Fe.
I also agree they are not all the same type, and even if you think they are I think it's fair to concede different iterations can, potentially, change type. All you need to do to know that is look at older versions of the Doctor, or even look at the two manifestations of the Master we've seen in the new series (one of them was only around for an episode, but the two were obviously very different).

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Martha always came off as ESFP to me. Definitely not I. More like ESFx.

First doctor, I have a hard time typing. I get the NT vibe, but not that ENTP vibe. Definitely an ENTP, Fe backed vibe from Tennant and a classic ENTP vibe with Fe fail from the 11th. He is a fruitcake. But a cool one.

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Sorry, shoulda specified - I was referring to the current doctor. But for the record, I think 10th and 11th are both ENTP... as for the doctors before, I could only hazard a guess really. I'd say 4th Doctor is also ENTP, 5th is INTP and 8th is INFx. But I haven't had access to any Doctor Who episodes pre 10th and 11th Doctors since BEFORE I developed an interest in typing. So they are just guesses. I'd have to watch them in action, knowing what I know now, before I try to figure it out. Doctor Who marathon, anyone?

MBTI Type
INTP
i would say from the new series that:
The 9th Doctor - ESTJ
The 10th Doctor - ENTP
The 11th Doctor - ENFP
The 12th Doctor - INTJ
Rose Tyler - ESTP
Martha Jones - ISTJ
Donna Noble - ESFJ
River Song - INTP
Amy Pond - INFJ
Rory Williams - ISFJ
Clara Oswald - ENTJ
Jack Harkness - ESFP

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm sorry, I only know about the 11th doctor

The Doctor-ENTP
Amy Pond-INFP
Rory Williams-ISFJ
River Song-ESTP(just maybe ESTJ)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would think that The Doctor, at least in theory, would stay the same type no matter which regeneration he is. Maybe this wasn't carried out in practice through the whole series but seems plausible at least for the 9th, 10th and 11th.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would think that The Doctor, at least in theory, would stay the same type no matter which regeneration he is. Maybe this wasn't carried out in practice through the whole series but seems plausible at least for the 9th, 10th and 11th.

I would say 9, 10, and 11 are pretty consistently ENTP. However, I'm not sure about 12. I haven't watched all of series 8 yet though.