• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTJ Famous People or Celebrities

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
OK so the usual list of ISTJ characters starts with names like Eeyore from Pooh Bear and Calvin Coolidge, and Dwight from the office. None of these are inspirational, in fact I'm ashamed to be the same type as them, except maybe for Coolidge. These ones kinda suck. So let us throw around some better, more motivational and balanced figures.

How about:
Michael Sullivan from Road to Perdition as played by Tom Hanks
Captain John Miller from Saving Private Ryan also by Hanks
Obi Wan Kenobi from the Star Wars saga
Nick Carraway from The Great Gatsby
How about some female ISTJs, I can't really think of any right now but there's got to be some really great ones.
Please help to come up with more or disagree with these as you see fit

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'd definitely have to contest that classfication, but I also don't want this to turn into a star wars debate. He is probably the most orthodox character in there.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Michael Young of the Texas Rangers Major League Baseball team, multiple All-Star and 200-hit seasons.

Bill Cosby - comedian, tv star, recording artist

Niles Crane from "Frasier"?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lots of people say Batman is ISTJ (in the movie Dark Knight, the recent one). I'm not much of a Batman fan, but some people are.

Lots of people say George Washington was ISTJ. I think he's pretty cool.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
picard-headesk.jpg

:D

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Yes George was always quick with a joke. I do remember seeing Bruce Wayne as one, which is neat.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Batman is an INFj. He's loyal to his deep-seated values (Fi) and defends them in a nonconforming way (Ne).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Batman is an INFj. He's loyal to his deep-seated values (Fi) and defends them in a nonconforming way (Ne).

Finally someone who understands the value of socionics :D

agreed !

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Come on, we're trying to expand the list. But your input is noted.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Niles Crane from "Frasier"?
Lol, no!!!

Roz and Martin are the only S's (sp?) on the show, and Roz's S status is debatable.

Typing Nile is confusing because he is definitely an I, an N and a J, but INTJ and INFJ don't seem right.

Frasier is an INFJ.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Hmm, what makes you think this?

Ok well the fact that he narrated the story of his dealings with Gatsby more through objective information and specifics of events leads me to think S. He has a somewhat limited dialogue in comparison with the others, as well as thoughts he seems to internalize, reserving interpretation mostly until the end, giving just the facts for the most part, so I and S. T because from what I remember he was not overly emotional, in fact he wasn't really emotional at all-he seemed very detached to me. J I'm not sure of, but he was in the bond business, which I relate closer to ISTJ than to ISTP. He is also serious. What do you think?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ok well the fact that he narrated the story of his dealings with Gatsby more through objective information and specifics of events leads me to think S. He has a somewhat limited dialogue in comparison with the others, as well as thoughts he seems to internalize, reserving interpretation mostly until the end, giving just the facts for the most part, so I and S. T because from what I remember he was not overly emotional, in fact he wasn't really emotional at all-he seemed very detached to me. J I'm not sure of, but he was in the bond business, which I relate closer to ISTJ than to ISTP. He is also serious. What do you think?
Admittedly, it has been a long ass while since I read the book, (which I happened to not particularly like), Nick was the only character who I related to, and he was the most redeemable aspect to the book, imo.

I agree with you that he was both I and T, but S?

Perhaps, I was about to write something "typist", and then caught myself, he could have very well been an IST. :D

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Here she is, in all her glory. Hermione Granger, the girl who will tell you what you're doing wrong.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx2zLgdkJpk"]Leviosa[/YOUTUBE]

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Explain how.

He's listed on many different ENFP sites as an ENFP. It's pretty obvious that he is. You can't tell? Just watch the Cosby Show & his stand ups.
Famous ENFPs:

Franz Joseph Haydn
Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
Will Rogers
Buster Keaton
Theodor "Dr." Seuss Geisel (The Cat in the Hat)
Mickey Rooney
James Dobson ("Focus on the Family")
Andy Rooney
Carol Burnett
Paul Harvey
Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched)
Bill Cosby (Ghost Dad)
Dom Delouise, actor
Dave Thomas, owner of Wendy's hamburger chain
Lewis Grizzard, newspaper columnist
I. King Jordan, president of Gallaudet University
Martin Short, actor-comedian
Meg Ryan, actor (When Harry Met Sally)
Robin Williams, actor, comedian (Dead Poet's Society, Mrs. Doubtfire)
Sandra Bullock, actor (Speed, While You Were Sleeping)
Robert Downey (Heart and Souls)
Alicia Silverstone (Clueless)
Sinbad
Andy Kaufman
Regis Philbin

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
He's listed on many different ENFP sites as an ENFP. It's pretty obvious that he is. You can't tell? Just watch the Cosby Show & his stand ups.
Famous ENFPs:

Franz Joseph Haydn
Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)
Will Rogers
Buster Keaton
Theodor "Dr." Seuss Geisel (The Cat in the Hat)
Mickey Rooney
James Dobson ("Focus on the Family")
Andy Rooney
Carol Burnett
Paul Harvey
Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched)
Bill Cosby (Ghost Dad)
Dom Delouise, actor
Dave Thomas, owner of Wendy's hamburger chain
Lewis Grizzard, newspaper columnist
I. King Jordan, president of Gallaudet University
Martin Short, actor-comedian
Meg Ryan, actor (When Harry Met Sally)
Robin Williams, actor, comedian (Dead Poet's Society, Mrs. Doubtfire)
Sandra Bullock, actor (Speed, While You Were Sleeping)
Robert Downey (Heart and Souls)
Alicia Silverstone (Clueless)
Sinbad
Andy Kaufman
Regis Philbin

I have watched most of the Cosby Show episodes, as well as several other series that Bill was on, and have seen many of his standups, and I don't see ENFP.

I also don't think James Dobson, Mark Twain, Andy Kaufman, or Regis Philbin are either. I can buy some of the others, especially Dave Thomas.

You gotta question the credibility of a list that had "Ghost Dad" as the chosen role to identify Bill Cosby. :laugh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Personally, I think those lists that people have online of "famous XXXXs" are total bullshit- that's just one individual's opinion :rolli: They don't even know the person in question- I'd say that even typing on this site is more accurate since you get a variety of viewpoints...

oh- and Sgt. Nicholas Angel in Hot Fuzz should probably go on the ISTJ list, though that's just my opinion ;)