• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTJ Famous People or Celebrities

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Sherlock Holmes (according to the movie that's out now) is definitely INTP. I've seen the movie twice and had it narrowed down within the first few minutes the first time. The rest just reinstated my guess. I considered ISTP because of the fight scenes, but if you really look at it he's not doing Se-ish things just for Se's sake. In fact, his whole method of fighting has to do with creating sequences of attacks based on a strong knowledge of the human body and its processes, and then correctly executing those steps. His sensation function is Si - if you remember, there are a ton of scenes where he uses his previously internalized perception of details, then explores them for possibilities, and finally pieces them together into a logical structure in order to solve the crime. When he is observing a crime scene for evidence, he doesn't ever take the details at face value. He internalizes them and stores them away to his memory and then uses his Ne to explore the implications of the data - very quickly.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
When typing is better to analize your feelings of a man, not the words he says.

You know... People usually start typing other people by how they feel to them, but soon they have to abandon it because they find out it's a very unreliable method. You may end up kind of developing your own private typology that has nothing to do with anyone else's typology, and therefore is pretty useless in discussion. If everyone did that, everyone would end up with their own set of rules because every person might "feel" different to different people.

Besides, only with this method of yours you can come up with something like "Paris Hilton = INFP", which is a screaming nonsense.

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
Bigby Wolf from Bill Willingham's Fables series.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
People usually start typing other people by how they feel to them, but soon they have to abandon it because they find out it's a very unreliable method.

I've found that image method _used by me_ is rather precise to predict people's traits and behavior. And I know people who use this method for years.

only with this method of yours you can come up with something like "Paris Hilton = INFP", which is a screaming nonsense

Any method if it is used correctly will give the same type for Hilton, or will not give a sure version at all.
I do not think that speculative analysis of doubtful and rather incomplete information from magazine articles and newspapers is better.

Soren

MBTI Type
INTP
Don't know if it's been said, but Maximus from Gladiator strikes me as an ISTJ.

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Mini necro post.
Adding a little Asian influence into this thread.

Fictional female ISTJ characters from a couple of well known anime titles, some of which you can kind of see a little genderbending, aka reverse traps. Gender stereotypes in thinking vs feeling? :huh:

Souseiseki from Rozen Maiden
Personal favourite, had a hard time deciding which of the >9000 images (literally) I have of her to use. Decided on this because it's one of the few official pictures that shows a little of her feminine side.
07smallg.jpg

Yagyu Kyubei from Gintama
47988.jpg

Ayanami Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion
reiu.jpg

Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
yukinagato2small.jpg

Li Syaoran from Cardcaptor Sakura
Ok, he's not a girl but... don't sweat the details. :D
49117.jpg

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Adding a little Asian influence into this thread.

Anime style have become worldwide allready. :)

Fictional female ISTJ characters from a couple of well known anime titles

My 5 cents. Almost all "good" female characters in anime gaved me impression of introverted feelers (INFJ, INFP in common), "bad" (or just extraordrinary) females gave opposite extraverted-thinker impressions. But for males many ISTJ types were, even more then they are meet in real life.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems half of Hungary's late kings were STJs...

Karl Franz Josef Ludwig Hubert Georg Maria von Habsburg-Lothringen
(Charles IV of Austria-Hungary)

romsics12.jpg

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
since my Book of Eli thread failed tremendously as no one even posted in it, I'll go ahead and place it here that I think Eli was an ISTJ.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Captain John Miller from Saving Private Ryan also by Hanks
Nick Carraway from The Great Gatsby
I 'm sorry for bringing back an old thread; I hate to veer away from the friendly, open-minded, mature, and incredibly important debates concerning the MBTI profiles of Batman and Sherlock Holmes; and I apologize for not having any suggestions to add for the OP -- but I would take issue with the suggestions quoted here.

Captain Miller, ISTJ? He seems more NF to me. Not sure about J, either, though I agree that he seems introverted. I could probably be persuaded to see the sergeant as ISTJ, though it wouldn't be my first guess.

I'll also echo SillySapienne in wondering about Nick Carraway. He doesn't strike me as a Sensor or a Guardian. The line that always sticks with me from Gatsby (which I did enjoy, tremendously, though I've not re-read it in several years), is about Tom and Daisy: "They were careless people." There is absolutely nothing an INTJ notices, or disapproves of, more than careless people. Maybe that's a TJ thing, applicable to Sensors as well, but Nick isn't attached to the ideas of poets and fathers, and he seems very intuitive to me. I would probably type him as INTJ.

I agree with Nick as a T, but I would contest that he is "not overly emotional". He comes very close to falling in love with Jordan, and he is deeply upset by the chain of events that closes the novel. His emotions are there, but he is a very reserved character, and they're kept mostly to himself.

yoliyoli

Hmm, what makes you think this?

Lol, you're gonna get mad at me because this has been highly debated but no. He is an ISTJ. I could see maybe INTP for him but otherwise no. He's the one in the book (Nick is) that is always so responsible yet carefree. He's definitely Ne/Si in some measure. I related to him the most when we watched the movie. The reservedness and all. He's Gatsby's voice of reason (who is often typed as INTJ). Whether that comes from Fi or Fe, I wouldn't know, but I'm betting on Fi.

Let's see, and for Charlie, I would say ISTJ too. Charlie from Perks of Being a Wallflower, that is. I'm poetic and I'm an ISTJ, you know. It doesn't mean Charlie can't be. His flights of fancy were quite something, though. I highly doubt he's Ni because he has such vivid flashbacks. He has to have Si of some sort. I wouldn't say Fi (as a dominant) because he seems much more concerned with the past and how it affects him than if he feels good or not. It'd be weird to have him as an INFP.