• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTJ Famous People or Celebrities

Fecal McAngry

You say he's INFP, another posters says ENFJ, all MBTI websites say ISTJ. Who am I going to trust - you, that other poster, or numerous MBTI websites?

Ideally, you will learn enough about the subject to do it yourself, accurately. This way, when we disagree, we have a common language and can engage in a real dialogue. Many/most people who type others are simply guessing and haven't a clue; watching their behavior is as exasperating as watching two children walk into a hospital room, see a patient in bed, and having one proclaim "I think he has brain cancer!" while the other shakes his head and confidently states "No, no--he's here for gender reassignment--today they're going to cut off his balls and give him boobies!"

Until then, try, in a very ISTJ fashion, to look at the functions one-by-one (obviously, read as much as possible about the functions). For example, if someone claims that Tony is an ENFJ, this means he is an extrovert. Well, IS Tony Hopkins an extrovert? Could he possibly be an extrovert? There are at least two biographies on him--I know, I've read them. What do they say about his behavior? Do your research.

Fecal McAngry

Rowan Atkinson

rowan-atkinson-nc.png

Here is Rowan Atkinson:

YouTube - Rowan Atkinson interview - Parkinson - BBC

YouTube - Rowan Atkinson - Interview with Elton John

Is his primary extroverted function Te?

Windigo

People usually don't know what they are talking about.

Obi Wan was a prime example of an INTP mental masturbator.

Darth Vader was the ISTJ and doing what ISTJs usually do - ruining all those spunky NF adventures and generally being mean old bastard.

ROFL!

What about Sherlock Holmes? I've seen him classified as an ISTP (Due to his addiction and his intense attention to details that escape everyone else and his desire to be out of the public eye.) But could he also be an INTJ? I've always wondered. I know that Dr. House was based on him (per interview with the writer). Could anyone give me their thoughts on my two favorite fictional characters?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I think Ns would suck in investigations.
How do you make connections if you can't notice the damn bloody knife behind the curtain? :D

Sherlock = ISTP

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People usually don't know what they are talking about.

Obi Wan was a prime example of an INTP mental masturbator.

Darth Vader was the ISTJ and doing what ISTJs usually do - ruining all those spunky NF adventures and generally being mean old bastard.

And here I thought the evil villains were always INTJs - wait, maybe that is the Emperor.

Windigo

How do you make connections if you can't notice the damn bloody knife behind the curtain? :D

Sherlock = ISTP

I was about to argue with you until I remembered that I was completely useless on a police line up once. Their hair was completely different and although I had talked to this person and was face to face with him . . . I couldn't remember what he looked like 8 months later. Now if I had been able to talk to all the suspects and gotten a sense of who they were, maybe . . .

No you're probably right . . . Ns would miss a lot of the clues!

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so

Sherlock = ISTP

I have no idea about Sherlock Holmes's type, but I wonder, wouldn't a Si type notice these small clues better than Se type?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think so. Te-doms tend to be much more dominant and directive, they like to be 'the boss'. Robin doesn't like to be 'the boss', she just likes things being the way she likes them (Si). She doesn't seem to be a big fan of change or new ideas either. She seems to be rather awkward in social situations, she likes to keep her privacy (I). Also, ESTJs often appear to be rather choleric, whereas Robin is rather serious, either phlegmatic or melancholic.
Well, ESTJ is part Melancholic and an Si preferrer (both from the SJ), and Cholerics are serious too. Since SJ falls on the "cooperative" side (in contrast to the the pragmatic pure Choleric), then they might have a bit less need to be boss. They just want to maintain the structure (institution, etc).
(But I don't know that character at all to be able to make a judgment myself).

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Well, ESTJ is part Melancholic and an Si preferrer (both from the SJ), and Cholerics are serious too. Since SJ falls on the "cooperative" side (in contrast to the the pragmatic pure Choleric), then they might have a bit less need to be boss. They just want to maintain the structure (institution, etc).
(But I don't know that character at all to be able to make a judgment myself).

Ok, I agree that ESTJs may be part choleric and part melancholic, and not always that directive (although they usually are, I daresay), but I still maintain that all the clues together point to Robin being an ISTJ. I can't help seeing her much more Si Te Fi Ne than Te Si Ne Fi.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
oh- and Sgt. Nicholas Angel in Hot Fuzz should probably go on the ISTJ list, though that's just my opinion ;)

Im totally with you on this one. Great flick too. :wubbie:

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
oh- and Sgt. Nicholas Angel in Hot Fuzz should probably go on the ISTJ list, though that's just my opinion ;)

I see him as more of an ESTJ, but it's not that much of a difference after all.

The movie is classic anyway. ;)

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I don't know about Hopkins' personal life

Its not needed to type. I used impressions from his non-verbal behavoir, - so called "image method".

compare him to John Cusack, a textbook ENFJ

John Cusack is ENTP or INTP. Good examples of ENFJ are: George W Bush, Robert DeNiro, Bill Murray, etc.

I read an interview with Aniston in Elle and it screamed ISTJ

When typing is better to analize your feelings of a man, not the words he says.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hermione from Harry Potter
Angela from The Office
Hank Hill from King of the Hill
Deborah from Everybody Loves Raymond