User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Santa's type

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Santa's type

I like the supporting evidence in this analysis from Hile Rutledge, OKA, Inc.:

Picturing the late 20th century, pop culture, largely marketing driven image of Santa that is most prevalent today, these would be the preferences I see:

Temperament of Santa - I can see the argument for NF. Santa is a poster child for personable and touchy-feely, right? But I would argue Santa is an SJ. Look at this man's project management skills. Toys for everyone in the world delivered all in one night: on time and under budget? Come on, only an SJ could pull that one off. Besides he makes a list and checks it twice. NFJs may make the list, but check it twice? Never. Santa's an SJ.

Extravert - Most of the shows and images we see of Santa show a gregarious and expressive man, frequently in the company of others. Can you imagine the network that that man must have? No Introvert would have such a thing unless he lived in total stress - and that jolly old elf certainly has a stress-free life 51 weeks out of the year.

Feeler - Santa has to be a Feeling decider. Don't be fooled by the naughty and nice list. That is not an objective, logical decision process. Fs can and do make the naughty or nice conclusion. But really, have you ever seen data that suggest that anyone has ever made it to the naughty list? There were many years that I deserved switches and coal, but I got the G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu Grip instead. Santa has shown more mercy than justice in my view. Santa is an F - a dominant Extraverted F, in fact.

I would argue that Santa is an ESFJ, which we refer to as Host/Hostess of the World, also known as the ambassadors of the world. How perfect for Father Christmas.
    edcoaching

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ISFJ.

He only comes out to talk to the kids for a few weeks a year. The rest of the time he chillaxes at home while the elves do the work.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You could read him as any type based on the mass of interpretations over the years. Especially an F type.
    4w5 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    ISFJ.

He only comes out to talk to the kids for a few weeks a year. The rest of the time he chillaxes at home while the elves do the work.
    +1

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Santa's an INFJ. First think about all the planning that has to be done to make everything happen on Christmas Eve. Secondly Santa is too weird to be an SJ. If an SJ wanted to show love for children wouldn't he just volunteer at a local charity. But oh no Santa has to have this huge impractical scheme of climbing down chimneys and such. Thirdly it's a little known fact that Santa has been secretly plotting revenge upon the Grinch, but is simply waiting for the right moment to spring his trap. Revenge is dish best served cold after all.

My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    LoLz

Santa is an ESTP.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss1qma1kjHI"]Santa[/YOUTUBE]

lol @ this, found it on that page. Maybe Santa-Mom is an INFP.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmQDt7jVdXQ"]Mom is Santa[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ISFJ

Santa is a FJ for sure. He needs to sort out the good kids from the naughty ones.He's quite okay with staying in all year like others mentioned so I'm guessing I as well. As for N/S I don't know really. Someone has yet to make a convincing argument explaining what sets both apart when it comes to dealing with people, imo.

So, IXFJ.

MBTI
    LoLz

NF wants to please people, SF wants to handle the people with care.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Before I read the replies, i'll respond.

INFJ, I think..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Dudes. ESFJ. Always laughing 'n shit.