User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Vin Diesel's type

What say you to Vin Diesel as an ESFJ or maybe an ISFJ?

About.com interview
    Interview about his role in Find Me Guilty (6 minutes)
    Answering questions on the red carpet (3 minutes)

MBTI
    type

I am reminded of one of our spammers who listed his type as "SEXY."
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    I am reminded of one of our spammers who listed his type as "SEXY."
    You wouldn't care to take a stab at his type?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't think he's an extrovert. He isn't shy, but he didn't seem to be energized by the attention and the crowds, though he was giving it his best shot.

The "Duty!" thing could point to his being a Guardian or at least considering Guardians the ideal.

His list of famous actors that has worked with the guy (director?) he's working with didn't seem to have a common thread other than that they are all actors.

He was very focused on the effects his physical transformation had on his co-workers, which strikes me as a very concrete thing to focus on.

He admired the loyalty and family ties of the mobster he was portraying.

ISFJ sounds like it could be right.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

Thank you for your input, cafe! You've pointed out just the things that made me think SFJ (plus a few more), and I think you're right about the I. Thinking about it now, I don't even know why I thought E originally.

*picks up gavel* Vin Diesel as ISFJ: Going...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    ISFJ sounds like it could be right.
    There aren't words to describe just how awesome it would be if Vin Diesel is really an ISFJ.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    There aren't words to describe just how awesome it would be if Vin Diesel is really an ISFJ.

</copy-paste >

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Probably a wasted post here, since I feel I have not examined him enough to be "educated" on his personality... but I would support an ISxx reading.

Interestingly, he was cast as the voice of the Iron Giant in the movie of the same name... which was a fairly sentimental movie.

I also remember him in Saving Private Ryan, and the few clips I saw of his more action-oriented pictures. Even in the latter, he seemed to be understated as an actor, and seemed to have a very soft and open heart in how he interacted... not just the character he was playing, but what he was bringing to the role.

ISTx types come off as harder to me, when I watch them. I would recommend examining the possibility of an ISFx reading. (Although, to be honest, he reminds me of other ISFP males I know. Driven by the internal Fi, they have a keen sense of decency and compassion, but are very kind and low-key jovial and laid-back on the surface. ISFJ males seem to be more structured, less spontaneous and easy-going as the ISFP. And I could see an ISFP male really enjoying doing the action-oriented movies, whereas the ISFJ male tends to be rather indifferent. But admittedly these are just the broad feelings I get from him. I haven't done enough real research to know.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think the only thing we can confirm is xxFJ, since loyalty to family and/or traditional values is technically an Fe trait.

I could even go with xNFJ for Vin Diesel. There is a tendency for xNFJs to play xSTP characters, since, as opposites, an xNFJ would like to act out their weaker functions in a more controlled environment, such as through writing or acting in a movie. The way he acts in daredevil parts is basically his imaginative play.

I'm thinking that the profession of acting is mostly Intuitive. I think Intuitive actors are actually the ones who are good actors, because they can impersonate characters that are unlike the way they really are. Sensing actors tend to impersonate themselves.

And let's not forget that Vin Diesel has also written and directed independent movies before he made it big, indicating an early passion for Intuitive expression.

But the only thing I'm willing to confirm for Diesel is Extraverted Feeling.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Really sexy!!
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.