• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter and MBTI

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Umbridge - ESTJ

By the way, I think it was officially announced that Dumbledore was gay.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But didn't he get this way because of his messed up childhood or being abandoned or something? I would think he would be a highly unhealthy F who was traumatized as a kid.
:rofl1:

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Okay, because I am extremely bored and putting off my English essay, I am going to type some of the characters for myself:

Harry:(Have gone blank already) Umm... ISFP. I'll admit, he doesn't really seem like one but he doesn't really fit anything else. He COULD be a J

Ron: ESFP

Hermione: INFJ (N because she likes to learn and absorb knowledge) ISTP has just hit me though...

Neville: INTP (Neville is actually a thinker, if you think about it ;)

Luna: INFP Maybe a weak F

Ginny: ESFP

Fred: ENTP

George: INTP

Snape: INTJ

Dumbledore: INFJ

McGonagol: ISFJ (Maybe T)

Malfoy: ESTP

Lucius: ENTJ

Crabbe/Goyle: ISTP

Voldemort: INTJ

Siruius: ENFP

Remus: INFP

Umbridge: ESFJ

Hagrid: INFP? ENFP?

Filch: ISTJ

Trelawny: ESFP (I'm doubting her N, even though she's the divination teacher)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why are you laughing I don't know :(
Voldemort is clearly a T. I don't like these ideas of unhealthy Fs and all that weird crap. An unhealthy F who was traumatized at a young age wouldn't end up like voldemort. And Voldemort can't be an F. He uses no feeling.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Voldemort is clearly a T. I don't like these ideas of unhealthy Fs and all that weird crap. An unhealthy F who was traumatized at a young age wouldn't end up like voldemort. And Voldemort can't be an F. He uses no feeling.

I agree, he doesn't seem to feel ANY GUILT AT ALL about killing hundreds of people,and he kept at it for about fifty years.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Umm.. can I just ask, why is INFJ typed as a possible Hufflepuff member?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harry: INFx
Ron: ISFJ
Hermione: INFJ
Weasley twins: ENTPs
Draco Malfoy: ENTP
Sirius Black: E/INTP
James Potter: ENTP
Lily Potter: INFJ
Snape: INTJ
Voldemort: INTJ, although he was very smooth as a kid, and made me think ENTP
Hagrid: ENFP
Albus Dumbledore: INFP

Draco Malfoy is so ENTP it hurts

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Umbridge - why would an ESTJ stuff her office full of cute and useless cat pictures and doilies?

(No, I am NOT trying to redeem the ESTJ type by keeping Umbridge out of it. After all, I'm keeping Vernon Dursley there.)

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
This is according to the movies:
(I have read the books, but it's been awhile)

Harry: ISFJ (not enough depth or breadth to be Ni or Ne, granted he may have been different in the books, I just can't remember)
Ron: ESFP
Hermione: ISTJ (hilarious example: sixth movie during potions she insists on following directions even though Harry's potion is obviously better)
Dumbledore: INTP (always searching for truth, but creative about his methods of perception)
Snape: INTJ (brilliant, introspective, smug, smart-ass, takes control)
Hagrid: INFP
Sirius: ISFP
Lupin: ENFJ
Arthur: Ne (I think perhaps ENFP, though I'm not sure)
Molly: ESFJ
Ginny: ESTJ
Fred & George: ENTP (they're really the same person now, aren't they?)
Draco: ENTJ
Lucius: INTJ (compare to Jason Isaacs' role in The Patriot - he plays NTJ's extremely well, he's just more reserved as Lucius.)
Tom Riddle: INFJ (uses Ni and Ti primarily, but Fe is used negatively in order to manipulate people based on emotions)
Voldemort: ENTJ (different altogether than Tom Riddle, he has the typical ENTJ villain "God complex")
Bellatrix: ENTP (very much like Heath Ledger's Joker actually)

Think this pretty much sums it up.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
BTW announcing that Dumbledore was gay was just stupid political b.s.
There is absolutely NOTHING in the books that is even remotely suggestive of ANY sexuality on Dumbledore's part, towards women or men.

And I forgot:

Luna: INFP

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Dumbledore was gay. He fell in love with Grindelwald when Grindelwald came to live with Bathilda Bagshot in Godric's Hallow. Dumbledore was so wrapped up in love that he set aside his fragmenting family responsibilities, and went off on adventures seeking the Deathly Hallows with Grindelwald, and participating in wizard-elitist philosophies that he didn't necessarily agree with, but was pretending/wanting to because he was in love with Grindelwald.

MMmmmmmk...

Can you give me a page number from the book, or a chapter at least where this is found...I'm not saying I refuse to believe you, but this is the first I've heard of such a thing, and perhaps re-reading about it will change my mind.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you give me a page number from the book, or a chapter at least where this is found...I'm not saying I refuse to believe you, but this is the first I've heard of such a thing, and perhaps re-reading about it will change my mind.

It's partially based on the commentaries of the author. I think it can be considered canon.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
MMmmmmmk...

Yes. J.K wrote it in such a way that SHE knew what happened between the two, but made it seem like they were just friends. She later said that Dumbledore was gay, so it made it seem obvious that the two were in love. I suppose she didn't make them have an obvious relationship because it's primarily a children's book.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why would anyone think J.K Rowling is an ISFP?! S's don't tend to create fantasy, magical worlds in their heads that then span over the course of seven books, do they? (Tell me if I'm wrong, I still don't really understand the difference between N and S).
They don't tend to be as inclined to, but if they choose to, they can. However Rowling didn't, anyway. Everything in her wizarding world is taken from obscure folklore and religious symbolism (e.g. stags are symbols of Christ and salvation, and the Latin Harry uses to conjure one suggests that's not a coincidence), which she researched extensively before writing the books. Several British authors had written successful children's stories about 'magic boarding schools' shortly before she did and the basic plot is allegory for the New Testament.

Although it doesn't seem to be her own style particularly, perhaps because she's primarily writing for children, she's said that she likes reading books that include lots of detailed description and paint a vivid picture - which is something introverted Se-users will be more likely to have the patience for.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
They don't tend to be as inclined to, but if they choose to, they can. However Rowling didn't, anyway. Everything in her wizarding world is taken from obscure folklore and religious symbolism (e.g. stags are symbols of Christ and salvation, and the Latin Harry uses to conjure one suggests that's not a coincidence), which she researched extensively before writing the books. Several British authors had written successful children's stories about 'magic boarding schools' shortly before she did and the basic plot is allegory for the New Testament.

Although it doesn't seem to be her own style particularly, perhaps because she's primarily writing for children, she's said that she likes reading books that include lots of detailed description and paint a vivid picture - which is something introverted Se-users will be more likely to have patience for.

Hmmm...ok. But isn't in more N to research many things with the intention of making your creation the best it can be? And having an INTEREST in spending that long, trapped away in your head, creating something to do with fantasy?

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
BTW announcing that Dumbledore was gay was just stupid political b.s.
There is absolutely NOTHING in the books that is even remotely suggestive of ANY sexuality on Dumbledore's part, towards women or men.
Not necessarily. I don't know the circumstances in which she announced it, but when interviewed it's not uncommon for authors to talk about things they think about the characters, and the backstory and plot, that aren't actually spelled out in the books. And there's nothing wrong with that. The fact that it's viewed in any way politically is due to society, not due to her actions.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Hmmm...ok. But isn't in more N to research many things with the intention of making your creation the best it can be? And having an INTEREST in spending that long, trapped away in your head, creating something to do with fantasy?

If I had the time, I think it would be fun.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Anyone think that Voldemort might just be an ENFP gone horribly wrong? Tom Riddle was quite the smooth talker...
Voldemort extravert?!? No way. He was a talker, yes, but he always kept a secret agenda. He thought people as inferior and annoying to him - and was so happy he was NOT of them. He didn't belong to the Muggles when he was with them. He didn't belong to the wizards when he was with them, either. He was superior to them. He uses people, and talking is just a means to manipulate them.
Wizard ENFP along muggles: "Hey, look at this! What if I try that out on our teacher?"

Draco Malfoy is so ENTP it hurts
Please explain this one. I don't know his type, but for some reason I can't see an ENTP in him. If it's so clear, I want to know!

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Not necessarily. I don't know the circumstances in which she announced it, but when interviewed it's not uncommon for authors to talk about things they think about the characters, and the backstory and plot, that aren't actually spelled out in the books. And there's nothing wrong with that. The fact that it's viewed in any way politically is due to society, not due to her actions.

I suppose she is entitled to her ideas since they are her characters, I just can't help but wonder as it is ALSO not uncommon for authors to say things in their books based on current social issues. Controversy sells. Look at Dan Brown.