• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter and MBTI

killvmaim.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harry - ISFP
Ron - I type him as ESFP, but understand where people coming from typing him as ENFP
Hermione - ESTJ

Dumbledore - ENTP, inf. Si is obvious
Grindelwald - -NFJ, did Dumbledore's friendship with him helped him develop his Fe this early?
Minerva - ESTJ
Hagrid - ISFP? Not sure about him
Snape - INFP in Fi-Si loop, his Ne was excellent when he was still a teenager, also his barks at Hermione for her 'uncreativity' and using stuff only by books doesn't seem something like something ISTJ would do, so INFP>ISTJ
Trelawney (hope spelled this right) - INFP, can see her being ENFP, actually
Lupin - INFJ probably

Vernon - ESTJ
Petunia - ESFJ
Lily - E-F-
Dudley - ESFP

Molly - ESFJ
Arthur - -NTP
Bill - high Fi-user
Charlie - high Se-user
Percy - ESTJ
Fred and George - ESTPs? They seem like Se-doms, but I understand ENTP typing
Ginny - high Se-user

James - ESTP
Sirius - ESFP
Peter - ISFJ

Neville's grandmom - ESFJ
Neville - ISFJ? Or Fi-user?

Tom - ENTJ, don't think he's an INTJ; his Fi is inferior and he has good Se
Bellatrix - ESTP in Se-Fe loop

Draco's dad - ES-J
Narcissa - -SFJ. Probably ISFJ
Draco - ESFJ, don't see any Se or Fi in him, see good Ne and Fe

Victor - IS-P
Cedric - ISFJ
Fleur - ES--. ESFJ? ESFP? ESTP? I can't figure her out

Cho - ISFJ
Luna - INTP, her dad is ENFP
Seamus - high Se-user
Lavender - E-FJ. Probably ESFJ
Colin - high Fe-user?

Umbridge - ES-J. Probably ESTJ
Dobby - ISFP
Lockhart - ESFP
Tonks - ENFP
Mad-Eye - ESTP? ESTJ?

narcissistic

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Harry Potter : INFP
Ron Weasley : ENFP
Hermione Granger : ESTJ
Albus Dumbledore : INFJ
Rubeus Hagrid : ENFP
Severus Snape : ISTJ
Draco Malfoy : ENFJ
Voldemort : ENTJ

sprint race

Harry Potter : INFP
Ron Weasley : ENFP
Hermione Granger : ESTJ
Albus Dumbledore : INFJ
Rubeus Hagrid : ENFP
Severus Snape : ISTJ
Draco Malfoy : ENFJ
Voldemort : ENTJ

HP: ISFP (brilliant flying/quiddich ability indicated aux or dom se.) I mean just look at modern day football/soccer, the only probable INFP is andrea pirlo - all the others, as well as most top sports people form other sports are STPs. So the likelihood is an se type.

RW: ESFP - Seems too concrete in his perception of things to be an intuituve type (more of a common sense, conventional type person)

HG: ISTJ - Never got the impression she was even remotely extroverted but could be wrong about that.

AD: Agree with you on this one :)

RH: Always seemed ISFJ to me

SS: Got to be INTP or INTJ

DM: yep i agree

V: INTJ

sprint race

Harry - ISFP
Ron - I type him as ESFP, but understand where people coming from typing him as ENFP
Hermione - ESTJ

Dumbledore - ENTP, inf. Si is obvious
Grindelwald - -NFJ, did Dumbledore's friendship with him helped him develop his Fe this early?
Minerva - ESTJ
Hagrid - ISFP? Not sure about him
Snape - INFP in Fi-Si loop, his Ne was excellent when he was still a teenager, also his barks at Hermione for her 'uncreativity' and using stuff only by books doesn't seem something like something ISTJ would do, so INFP>ISTJ
Trelawney (hope spelled this right) - INFP, can see her being ENFP, actually
Lupin - INFJ probably

Vernon - ESTJ
Petunia - ESFJ
Lily - E-F-
Dudley - ESFP

Molly - ESFJ
Arthur - -NTP
Bill - high Fi-user
Charlie - high Se-user
Percy - ESTJ
Fred and George - ESTPs? They seem like Se-doms, but I understand ENTP typing
Ginny - high Se-user

James - ESTP
Sirius - ESFP
Peter - ISFJ

Neville's grandmom - ESFJ
Neville - ISFJ? Or Fi-user?

Tom - ENTJ, don't think he's an INTJ; his Fi is inferior and he has good Se
Bellatrix - ESTP in Se-Fe loop

Draco's dad - ES-J
Narcissa - -SFJ. Probably ISFJ
Draco - ESFJ, don't see any Se or Fi in him, see good Ne and Fe

Victor - IS-P
Cedric - ISFJ
Fleur - ES--. ESFJ? ESFP? ESTP? I can't figure her out

Cho - ISFJ
Luna - INTP, her dad is ENFP
Seamus - high Se-user
Lavender - E-FJ. Probably ESFJ
Colin - high Fe-user?

Umbridge - ES-J. Probably ESTJ
Dobby - ISFP
Lockhart - ESFP
Tonks - ENFP
Mad-Eye - ESTP? ESTJ?

I think Luna's got to be INFP. INTP's are away with the fairies and lost in their own little world in a sense, but not in the way she is - they're lost in their own thoughts and logically analyzing everything. INTPs wouldn't come to the beliefs and conclusions she comes to. She's the kind of person that would drive famous INTPs like richard dawkins absolutely nuts.

Dumbledoore - How so? (though i will say he's infinitely more likely to an ENTP than INTP - god i hate it when he's typed that stereotypically, because in peoples minds: intp = genius, or glasses = geek = intp. There's no way an INTP would ever have the level of Fe that dumbledoore has.

Ginny: ISTP - Doesn't have enough Fe to be an ESTP, not does she have the ability to charm people and she can be very blunt. She's appears to enjoy and is good at a bit of playful banter which ISTPs typically are. Known to get very embarrassed at times which is an Fe thing really. Fi types don't get embarrassed any where near as often.

Fred and George: yea they seem very entrepreneur-ish and business oriented. Seem to enjoy having an audience for their jokes. Crucially they seem too child-like to be ESTPs though, in contrast ENTP can retain a child-like innocence and enthusiasm throughout their lives which seems to fit fred and george best.

Snapes caught in a loop alright, indeed you might be onto something with INFP. I did think INTP, but INTP genuinely enjoy teaching people whereas snape clearly detests his job.

Molly - I think ENFJ or INFJ

Perfectly Imperfect

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anyone want to take a stab at Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy ?

lexay

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think Luna's got to be INFP. INTP's are away with the fairies and lost in their own little world in a sense, but not in the way she is - they're lost in their own thoughts and logically analyzing everything. INTPs wouldn't come to the beliefs and conclusions she comes to. She's the kind of person that would drive famous INTPs like richard dawkins absolutely nuts.

I actually think Luna COULD be INTP! Yeah, she's off in her own fantasy world, but it's logical to her. She even has "proof" from the quibbler about the crazy stuff. I'm not saying she is INTP, but I just don't think she is Fi-dom. And she very well could have it, just not dominant. She just doesn't seem to take things personally or have a super sense of right and wrong (Not in an amoral sense). And INFP has Te as the inferior, which I would think would be even lower on the pole than that. The more I think about it, the Te is what makes me think she isn't INFP more. I can see her using Fe inferior in INTP more than Te.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Natural hauses:

Ravenclaw (all INs) - INTJ INTP INFP INFJ - wise and creative + introverted
Slytherin (all ETs) - ENTJ ESTJ ENTP ESTP - powerhunger politicians + extroverted
Hufflepuff- (all ISs) - ISTJ ISFJ ISTP ISFP - hard-working and kind + introverted
Gryffindor (all EFs) - ENFP ENFJ ESFJ ESFP - reckless and brave + extroverted

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Natural hauses:

Ravenclaw (all INs) - INTJ INTP INFP INFJ - wise and creative + introverted
Slytherin (all ETs) - ENTJ ESTJ ENTP ESTP - powerhunger politicians + extroverted
Hufflepuff- (all ISs) - ISTJ ISFJ ISTP ISFP - hard-working and kind + introverted
Gryffindor (all EFs) - ENFP ENFJ ESFJ ESFP - reckless and brave + extroverted

Alternatively:

• Ravenclaw (TP/Ti-Fe)
    Analysis and experimentation (Ti), sometimes at the cost of disregarding the world around them (Fe).
  • Slytherin (TJ/Te-Fi)
    Achievement and assertion (Te), sometimes at the cost of breaching personal standards (Fi).
  • Hufflepuff (FJ/Fe-Ti)
    Harmony and justice (Fe), sometimes at the cost of lacking logical detachment (Ti).
  • Gryffindor (FP/Fi-Te)
    Determination and courage (Fi), sometimes at the cost of ignoring the greater whole (Te).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have never found any good way to match the houses to the temperaments, or other groupings of types.

They do match nicely to the classical elements, though:

Gryffindor: fire
Hufflepuff: water
Ravenclaw: air
Slytherin: earth

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
I know there was a thread like this before, but I still have to ask it - why are the bad guys always NTJ's? It's so annoying.

I think it's awesome that villains are stereo typically NTJs--villains are often the most well-written and intricate characters in a story.

Try finding a decent NFP villain--they're almost nonexistent. Totally a bummer, because I think an INFP or ENFP villain would have the potential to be rich and creepy.

Harry - INFP
Ron - ESFP
Hermione - INTP or INTJ

Ginny - ENFJ
Neville - ISFJ
Luna - INFP

James - ENFP
Lily - ISFJ
Remus - INFP
Sirius - ENTP

Dumbledore - ENTJ
McGonagall - ESTJ
Hagrid - ESFJ
Snape - INTJ

Vernon - ESTJ
Petunia - ISFJ
Dudley - ESTP

Lucius - ENTJ
Narcissa - ESFJ
Draco - INTJ

Molly - ESFJ
Arthur - INTP
Fred - ESFP
George - ESFJ
Percy - ISTJ
Charlie - ENTP
Bill - ENFJ

Fleur - ENFP
Viktor - INTP
Cedric - ISFJ

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Alternatively:

• Ravenclaw (TP/Ti-Fe)
    Analysis and experimentation (Ti), sometimes at the cost of disregarding the world around them (Fe).
  • Slytherin (TJ/Te-Fi)
    Achievement and assertion (Te), sometimes at the cost of breaching personal standards (Fi).
  • Hufflepuff (FJ/Fe-Ti)
    Harmony and justice (Fe), sometimes at the cost of lacking logical detachment (Ti).
  • Gryffindor (FP/Fi-Te)
    Determination and courage (Fi), sometimes at the cost of ignoring the greater whole (Te).

I can't imagine the Scientist (INTJ) , the Thinker (INTP) , The Counselor (INFJ) and the Dreamer (INFP) in any other house but Revenclaw. They are so similar , yet so different. :blush:

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think it's awesome that villains are stereo typically NTJs--villains are often the most well-written and intricate characters in a story.

Try finding a decent NFP villain--they're almost nonexistent. Totally a bummer, because I think an INFP or ENFP villain would have the potential to be rich and creepy.

Loki from Thor and Avengers -> INFP
Harley Quinn from Sucide Squad -> ENFP

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't imagine the Scientist (INTJ) , the Thinker (INTP) , The Counselor (INFJ) and the Dreamer (INFP) in any other house but Revenclaw. They are so similar , yet so different. :blush:

I imagine that you associate yourself most with Ravenclaw? For what reasons?

Besides, any type can be in any house. Look at Hermione (xSTJ), who was in Gryffindor. Or even Draco (ESFJ), in Slytherin.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
INFP is more Hufflepuff. Well.. I guess it depends on what kind of INFP you're talking about.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I imagine that you associate yourself most with Ravenclaw? For what reasons?

Besides, any type can be in any house. Look at Hermione (xSTJ), who was in Gryffindor. Or even Draco (ESFJ), in Slytherin.

Cuz all other houses are bunch of idiots.
Gryffindor who is danger to themselves and others.
Slytherin who is danger to the world.
Hufflepuff who is real idiots...
Ravenclaw only rest as properly house for me. :blush:

No , it can't.
For example INTJs cannot be G or H.
Sure house or propriety is Ravenclaw which is most objective and knowledgeable house just perfect for this type :bookish:, but because of Te function it can be Slytherin also if the Scientist go the DARK side and want more POWER for selfish propose ! :wack:

First house is house of priority .;)

INTJ Ravenclaw , maybe Slytherin
INTP Ravenclaw , maybe Griffindor (I think Hermione is INTP)
INFP Ravenclaw or Hafflepuff , maybe Gryffindor
INFJ Ravenclaw

ENTJ Slytherin
ENTP Slytherin or Griffindor maybe Ravenclaw
ENFP Griffindor or Revenclaw maybe Haffelpuff
ENFJ Griffindor

ISTJ Hafflepaff or Slytherin
ISTP Hafflepaff or Ravenclaw
ISFP Hafflepaff
ISFJ Hafflepaff or Griffindor maybe Ravenclaw

ESTJ Slytherin maybe Griffindor
ESTP Slytherin maybe Ravenclaw
ESFP Griffindor maybe Hafflepaff
ESFJ Griffindor or Slytherin

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cuz all other houses are bunch of idiots.
Gryffindor who is danger to themselves and others.
Slytherin who is danger to the world.
Hufflepuff who is real idiots...
Ravenclaw only rest as properly house for me. :blush:

No , it can't.
For example INTJs cannot be G or H.
Sure house or propriety is Ravenclaw which is most objective and knowledgeable house just perfect for this type :bookish:, but because of Te function it can be Slytherin also if the Scientist go the DARK side and want more POWER for selfish propose ! :wack:

Well, it's nice seeing the traits you value, I suppose. Along with your perception of the houses and the types.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well, it's nice seeing the traits you value, I suppose. Along with your perception of the houses and the types.

You claim that any type can be any houses and it is not true.

Just for example can you imagine one INFP in Slytherin? :cry: :(

INFP are natural wise and creative people and have high interest everything what is unusual like magic or magical creatures , Luna is INFP. Sure they are kind and loyal which is traits of Hafflepuff but they are not hard-worker type so this not their house. They like intelligence , they are like to speak BIG just like INTJ and for sure Revenclaw is No1 house for them. :)

Last edited:

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have never found any good way to match the houses to the temperaments, or other groupings of types.

They do match nicely to the classical elements, though:

Gryffindor: fire
Hufflepuff: water
Ravenclaw: air
Slytherin: earth

Slytherin is water and Hafflepuff is earth. ;)