• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter and MBTI

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Ok this is all too confusing to follow people's thought for which type is the right character.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Harry: ISFP (9w8) 962 sx/?

Hermione ESTJ (1w?(9) 12?(6) so/sx?

Ron: ESFP (6w7cp or 7w6cp) (6/7)83 so/sp

Snape: (difficult) INTJ (5w4) 541 sx/sp possibly sp/sx

Dumbledore: INTP/ or arguably INFJ (5w4) 531 sp/sx

Umbridge: ENFJ (1w2) 136 so/sp

Hagrid: ISFP (6w7) 692 sp/so

Draco: ESTP (8w9) 863 sx/so

Luna: INFP (9w1) 947 sx/sp

Neville: INTP (9w1) 964 sp/sx

Voldemort: INFJ (3w4) 368 sx/so

Lily Potter: INFJ (1w2) 162 so/sx

James Potter EXTP (7w8) 738 so/sx

Sirius Black EXTP (7w6cp) 749 sx/so

Remus Lupin ISFJ or INFP (9w1) 964 sp/sx

Peter Pettigrew: ISFJ (9w8) 936 sp/so

Fred/George: ENTP (7w6) 738 sx/sp

That was fun.
---

More Harry!

Minerva McG: ISTJ (1w(?)2) 162? sp/so

Lucius Malfoy: ENX(F)J (3w2) 385 sx/so

Molly Weasley: ESFJ (2w1) 268 so/sp

Arthur Weasley: INTP (9w1) 953 sx/sp

Percy Weasley: ISTJ (3w4) 315 so/sp

Ginny Weasley: XSFJ (6w7) 692 sx/so

Tonks: ENFP (7w6) 792 so/sp

These I am way less sure about.

Last edited:

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only thing Im disagreeing with everyone here are the types listed for hufflepuff.

All types are compadable woth hufflepuff. Hufflepuff house represents openness and loyalty "take all the rest." Meaning hufflepuff is for all types.

Anyqay. Enegram is a better thing to use to group people with the houses. Not mbti. Try again.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I'm surprised Coriolis doesn't like Harry Potter. She said that awhile back. I thought she would like the series because she has a magical quality to her personality much like Harry Potter.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Harry: ISFP (9w8) 962 sx/?

Hermione ESTJ (1w?(9) 12?(6) so/sx?

Ron: ESFP (6w7cp or 7w6cp) (6/7)83 so/sp

Snape: (difficult) INTJ (5w4) 541 sx/sp possibly sp/sx

Dumbledore: INTP/ or arguably INFJ (5w4) 531 sp/sx

Umbridge: ENFJ (1w2) 136 so/sp

Hagrid: ISFP (6w7) 692 sp/so

Draco: ESTP (8w9) 863 sx/so

Luna: INFP (9w1) 947 sx/sp

Neville: INTP (9w1) 954 sp/sx

Voldemort: INFJ (3w4) 368 sx/so

Lily Potter: INFJ (1w2) 162 so/sx

James Potter EXTP (7w8) 738 so/sx

Sirius Black EXTP (7w6cp) 749 sx/so

Remus Lupin ISFJ or INFP (9w1) 964 sp/sx

Peter Pettigrew: ISFJ (9w8) 936 sp/so

Fred/George: ENTP (7w6) 738 sx/sp

That was fun.

Snape as INTJ seems legit, but I could take ISTJ too. I always saw him as very 1-ish. Sirius Black seems ENTP. Neville always seemed ISFJ to me. Dumbledore, I thought, was definitely Fe in some sort--INFJ fits. Luna probably has a 5 fix in there somewhere (954 or even 594). Hermione is debatable--everyone argues over her type. I kind of see ISTJ for her.

How is Voldemort an INFJ? I guess the real question is, what does an evil INFJ look? I would love to see something that defies the stereotypical INTJ villain.

I agree with you on most of these. I could debate some of the Enneagram types or tritypes, that would be tedious.

Very well-thought out. Good job. :)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Snape as INTJ seems legit, but I could take ISTJ too. I always saw him as very 1-ish. Sirius Black seems ENTP. Neville always seemed ISFJ to me. Dumbledore, I thought, was definitely Fe in some sort--INFJ fits. Luna probably has a 5 fix in there somewhere (954 or even 594). Hermione is debatable--everyone argues over her type. I kind of see ISTJ for her.

How is Voldemort an INFJ? I guess the real question is, what does an evil INFJ look? I would love to see something that defies the stereotypical INTJ villain.

I agree with you on most of these. I could debate some of the Enneagram types or tritypes, that would be tedious.

Very well-thought out. Good job. :)

I just know the those 2 to occasionally 2.5 dimensional characters so well that typing them is pretty easy.

Yeah Voldemort was discussed on an earlier page with Coriolis- it might not have been this thread but the other Harry Potter thread, but I do believe it was this one. NF does not always mean good, and I think that Voldemort... And another Historical INFJ--Hitler, prove that quite well. Ni dominance for Voldemort seems pretty understandable, he came from nothing- yet once he was able to prove his so called innate superioirity he used it to travel auickly through the ranks, developing a pretty strategic, socially based pattern by which to do so. Embittered from what he felt denied as a child, he basically doorslaes an entire population- and although it is probably a stereotype to attribute this entirely to INFJ's the way that he did so seems very much in the way of one- anything that attacked the pattern in his head about what his ideal world should look like was immediately attacked. But actually I am not to sure on Voldemort.

Snape as well could be ISTJ, but I have nothing really solid against that. His ambition in the face of practically everything else might lead me to believe INTJ, but he does go into some sort of serious si withdrawl. I believe though that ni-doms, under serious stress do tend to have bouts of being stuck in a sort or serious si-withdrawl-amalysis. But Snape is difficult because he is so unhealthy. I could even see INFP as a possibility- a very unhealthy INFP 4w5.

No I think Luna is a 947. She is withdrawn- but not to the extent of being triple withdrawn. She has this need to share share what she thinks about the world- and develop these exciting internal experiences- in the same way an ENFP might need to experience these exciting experiences- as a sort of coping mechanism that she later externalizes. 9 does this as well, but the force and devlopment she has behind it, makes me think that it is influence by it's semi-compliment 7. She is intellectual, but not in a way that cannot be explained by core 9w1- the fuzzy sort of imaginative way. These characters seem very real to her, and though she might have 5 influence, I don't think so- she is not critical enough in their existsnce to lead me to believe so.

Neville could be ISFJ. But I like the arguments for INTP. 9w1 can sort of strain out the qualities and obscure the more rigid aspects or types. A more Si-Fe seeming influenced INTP.

Hermione I am actually not so sure of. I am thinking now though that although she seems very extroverted in some of the books, looking at functional stacking- her Fi does seem less problematic than her Ne, which might lead me to believe it is the inferior. But the Fi could just be from a strong influence of core e1, and she does occasioanlly make non-problematic usage of Ne. On the dividing line for her.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

If CelebrityTypes is anything to go by, Hitler and a few other choice dictators.
If CelebrityTypes is anything to go by, INFJ is the prime type for evil.

Does it still count as a Godwin if there isn't an actual argument taking place?

Kellyhere

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Harry is ISFP. (Fi-Se-Ni-Te)
Ron is ESFP (Se-Fi-Te-Ni)
Hermione is ESTJ (Te-Si-Ne-Fi)
THOSE are their true types. I still feel kinda bad for people who base their typings on the four letters rather than the functions.

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
No I think Luna is a 947. She is withdrawn- but not to the extent of being triple withdrawn. She has this need to share share what she thinks about the world- and develop these exciting internal experiences- in the same way an ENFP might need to experience these exciting experiences- as a sort of coping mechanism that she later externalizes. 9 does this as well, but the force and devlopment she has behind it, makes me think that it is influence by it's semi-compliment 7. She is intellectual, but not in a way that cannot be explained by core 9w1- the fuzzy sort of imaginative way. These characters seem very real to her, and though she might have 5 influence, I don't think so- she is not critical enough in their existsnce to lead me to believe so.

She's definitely head-in-the-clouds, but the way she presents herself and her ideas seems to too aloof for 7, even as a last fix. She has nothing in her that reaches out to people, which even 9's with a 7 fix do. 479 is more 'acceptable' by society's standards, because it's more engaging with the outer world. 7 with 9, and 9 with 7, have an 'easy going cool guy/gal' kind of energy. 279, 379, 479, they all have that. The 'quirky' ones are the 5/9 combos; 259, 359, 459.
479; sprite-like, but not awkward. They will stand out in their ways, but they can pull it off, just like 7's can pull of almost anything, no matter how absurd. Whereas 5's and 5-fixers are the ones who get 'quirky'.
Luna is just too.. painfully unaware of others. I don't see 7 in her. Type 5 can be playful and childlike too, but it's.. awkward, like she is.
I think she actually is withdrawn enough for the 459 tritype. She's certainly aloof enough.

And honestly, I could even see her being a 5 dominant. I've never seen her being stressed out by conflict or pressure, she seems to be too much into herself to even notice outside expectations, which really makes me doubt she's a type 9. But 5? Yeah, they won't care. They're too oblivious, compared to 9.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hermione is not extroverted. She seems like an INTJ to me. Ron and Harry are definitely Fs.

ChrisFergusonFl

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
2x3
Emma Watson is an obvious ENTP.

Just like James Roday, Jonah Hill, my mom, Adorian Deck, Julian Smith, Godless Glen, Danielle Panabaker, and the list goes on.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Currently reading the order of the phoenix. Read most of the books, although not in sequel order.

I think everyone can agree that Harry is an ISFP, which is pleasantly surprising. It's rare that everyone has the same conclusion like that.
Hermione: I see more Te than Si, personally. Being a Thinking dominant could make sense for her social introversion, as it doesn't involve connecting with people like Feeling functions do. She has decent Fi though, but perhaps this is because Rowling is quite biased when it comes to how each gender deals with personal feelings and relationships (think of how she explained very thoroughly for example, of Cho's feelings, whilst Harry, an Fi dom, was ridiculously clueless as to what she must be feeling). But she is very Te.
It took me a while to think of what Ron's type would be, but I think ENFP is the most accurate. I think he gets typed as ESFP because of his dimness and lack of foresight which is apparently, inferior Ni. But if you look at his character closely, he is always ruminating on possibilities and even coming up with far fetched ideas. He also struggles with nerves during Quidditch, which could suggest weak sensing (acting in the spur of the moment, operating under immediate pressure) - but not necessarily.
Ginny: She was favourate when I was a huge HP fan back in the day. I think ESFP. Being assertive and athletic does not automatically make her ESTP. She seems much more like an ethician (feeling type). Same goes for Harry's mother given that Ginny is basically a clone of Lily Potter :/ which is unoriginal tbh.
Dumbledore: xNxJ
Riddle / Voldemort: ENTJ because he's evvviilll. He is an Fe-dom, imo. ENFJ seems to fit him better.
Snape: IXTJ. Need to finish the series before I decide this for sure.
Sirius Black: ESFP
Remus Lupin: INFP
Horace Slughorn: ESFJ
Hagrid: ISFx
Fred & George: ENTP
Arthur Weasley: ENTP
Molly Weasley: ESFJ
Percy: ISTP
Luna: INxP
McGonagall: ESTJ
Draco: ESTP

Hermione is not extroverted. She seems like an INTJ to me. Ron and Harry are definitely Fs.

Social introvert =/= jungian introvert

sprint race

k dumbeldore is INTP.

Thats just sterotype - your equating genuis and eccentricity with INTP. Dumbledore seemed INFJ or ENFJ overall to me. I bet you'll get people saying harry is INTP cos he wears glasses and geeks wear glasses. Also dumbledore was described as having an imposing presence which is typically an Se thing.

sprint race

I'm not going to waste my time proving Harry is ISFP. You should check out some of the older posts.

And Ginny an 'E' type? And to make your typing worst a feeler? Gosh, Ginny's keeping to herself, privateness, decisiveness, individuality, not emotionally connecting, not so social nature and her cold yet earthy, down to earth demeanor suggests that she is a Introverted, Sensing, thinker. Most probably a ISTP.

Well she's definately not ISTJ - yea ISTP seems to fits her better than any other type

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Well she's definately not ISTJ - yea ISTP seems to fits her better than any other type

Istp it os then ;)

Anyway [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] the post quoted above was made from my previous account which is now deleted but i still received a notification when it was quoted. How is that possible. I think this is the second time it happened. I am NOT complaining.

I am not even using the same email address which i used for my previous account.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Istp it os then ;)

Anyway [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] the post quoted above was made from my previous account which is now deleted but i still received a notification when it was quoted. How is that possible. I think this is the second time it happened. I am NOT complaining.

I am not even using the same email address which i used for my previous account.

Black magic?

Nah, the answer is probably that your username is the same.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Istp it os then ;)

If the accounts were merged maybe the system still knows that. I'm not sure though.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not really familiar with Harry Potter, but I was told by some friends and family that I relate a lot to Hermoine.. Maybe :unsure:

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bellatrix Lestrange: ESTP 6w7 sx/so :wubbie: