• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter and MBTI

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what type you think hagrid is?
ISFJ. Constantly evaluating everything through his lens as a half-breed and what others think of that. Case in point - contrasting Remus' INFP reaction to being sent underground to bargain with the werewolves (kinda bitter, wished he did not have to/the world was different but does it out of his idealism/principled desire for his kind to evolve and see the horror that is Voldemort and Fenrir) vs. Hagrid's to being sent to reason with the giants (does it out of personal loyalty to Dumbledore and does not much question it beyond that). Remus is extremely loyal to Dumbledore and Hagrid wants a world where half-giants can live without prejudice, but their principal motives for going underground were different and show their types.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is Ravenclaw really all that developed? Name all the cool Ravenclaws you get to know: Luna, Flitwick, Cho Chang, that dude that takes Fleur Delacour to the Yule Ball...not to mention Moaning Myrtle, Quirrell and Lockhart :doh:

Ravenclaw and Slytherin got shaffet. Wasn't Lockhart a Gryff?

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Ravenclaw and Slytherin got shaffet. Wasn't Lockhart a Gryff?

Nope. I think on Pottermore, Jo says he's a Ravenclaw, and also in the extras of the special edition of the Chamber of Secrets Blu-Ray, there's a "Lockhart's Office" feature, and in that office you can see a picture of a younger Lockhart, wearing Ravenclaw quidditch robes. :blush:

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope. I think on Pottermore, Jo says he's a Ravenclaw, and also in the extras of the special edition of the Chamber of Secrets Blu-Ray, there's a "Lockhart's Office" feature, and in that office you can see a picture of a younger Lockhart, wearing Ravenclaw quidditch robes. :blush:

That's crazy, I seriously can't believe it.

janekerry123

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Lily: INFJ. ?? Why an IN? From the little Lily scenes in DH, she proved to be quite a bit judgmental(unknown to her), making hasty judgments, being impulsive. She didn't appear to have a gift for reading people, or guessing their motives. She is the black-and-white self-righteous person and certainly isn't empathetic. Yes, she was concerned with morals, and wanted to change the world for the best(probable reason for joining the Order) but didn't act very fair with everyboy. (Didn't give equal chances...). She is quite unforgiving too. She's an obvious flawed J, and even an FJ, since she appeared to follow her heart more than her head(went out with James even though he was a bully and she hated bullies, (but also she thought he had changed and didn't know James still bullied behind her back either), bashed Severus's friends but made excuses for the Marauders who were equally crappy people at the time, bullying everyone "beneath them").

It is clear that Lily didn't follow any reason or logic, thus making her an irrational F. But honestly, did we even see Lily using N(Ni, Ne) or S(Se, si)? I don't think so, unless something escapes me, so how can we classify her an N or S? As for I vs E... Well, Lily, according to JKR, was quite popular, Giiny-alike(don't agree, but whatever), sociable, had many friends. It can point towards a E preference. But, she remained Severus's best friend for approximatively seven years, and tried to keep Petunia in her life, showing loyalty and preferance for having a few close sincere friendships. That might point to an I preference. Obviously, Lily ended up being disloyal to Severus(but to her defense, she probably didn't notice it, and it was provoked by her lack of understanding, Severus's temper, and serious misunderstanding and bad communication between the two) afterwards. And, the fact that adults were all about James's friends, never mentioning Lily's other friends than Severus can be a proof that unlike her friendship with Severus and Petunia, which didn't work out due that Petunia ditched her and that she ditched Severus, her other relationship may have been shallow superficial ones(points to E preference).

There are many contradictions showing Lily as an E, as an I... But I think there's more indications of her being an E.

"You chose your way, I chose mine."-Lily to Severus.
I think Lily is an EnFJ, as you said, Lily's wide friendship. Though she kept the friendship with Severus and Petunia. As Slughorn mentioned, she is a popular girl like Ginny. With the popularity, I highly doubt she is a I. For her behaviour, I can not clearly see whether she used Ni or Si. As you previously mentioned, unfairly giving opportunities to Severus and other ones is a textbookliked J.

janekerry123

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Sorry,for correcting my mistakes. Lily has her own value of choosing her friends, whether Severus or James. However, her Ni not as strong as her Fe, but my summary is correct that Lily is an ENFJ

MBTI Type
INTP
I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and in MY opinion I think: Harry would be, like you said an ISTP. But I think Ron would probably be an ENFP and Fred and George an ESFP instead. Hermione is no doubt an INTP. And I think McGonagall is an ESTJ not and ISTJ. I would give the ISTJ to Snape. Instead of giving Myrtle INFJ, I would give it to Remus Lupin. ;) Everything else I agree with. :D

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Harry – ISFP
Hermione – ENFJ
Ron – ESFP
Luna – INTP

Aurora James

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm going to be throwing in Enneagram types just for the fun of it.

Harry: ISFP (9w8)
Ron: ESFP (6w7)
Hermione: ISTJ (1w9)
Luna: INFP (5w4)
Neville: ISFJ (9w1)
Fred and George: ENTP (7w6)

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Harry Potter-ISTP
Hermione Granger-ESTJ
Ron Weasley-ESFJ
Luna Lovegood-INFJ
Molly Weasley-ESFJ
Fred and George Weasley-ENTP
Severus Snape-INTJ
Albus Dumbledore-ENTJ

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Harry Potter-ISFP
Hermione Granger-ESTJ
Ron Weasley-ESFP
Luna Lovegood-INTP
Molly Weasley-ESFJ
Fred and George Weasley-ENTP
Severus Snape-ISTJ
Albus Dumbledore-totally high
Voldemort- Hitler

Anyone has an idea about Bellatrix? She's super crazy but interesting as hell. ESTP?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suspect Bellatrix is ESFP, just a crazy one.

Also, Luna seems more INFP. Neville and Arthur Weasley are the INTPs.

Listre

MBTI Type
Infp
I can't understand why so many people consider Lily Evans to be an INFJ - she wasn't! She was definitely an INFP and James an ESTP as well as Sirius (who lately became more an ENTP).
While Remus was an ISFP.

Moreover, Potter/Evans relationship development is so typical for Beta in general and INFP/ESTP in particular. Harry and Ginny are the same case by the way.

Pettigrew and Dumbledore are INFJs.

Nikhar

MBTI Type
INFP
No.....from the descriptions of INFP ad INFJ, I can definitely say that LiLy Evans was an INFJ .
I am new by the way...Hello!

And I wanted to ask....doesn't Cedric seem like an INFP?

Nikhar

MBTI Type
INFP
Some peoe say that Luna is an INTP since she starts by offering logicals reasons why someone should not be sad (Harry in HP5), rather than emotional support....but then, so do I

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Some peoe say that Luna is an INTP since she starts by offering logicals reasons why someone should not be sad (Harry in HP5), rather than emotional support....but then, so do I

I definitely agree that Luna is a INFP. She is very dreamy and emotional, but a big time introvert.

Harry - ISFP
Ron - ESFP
Hermione - ESTJ (SO much)
Neville - INTP
Fred and George - ENFP

One1000

The two most clear typings in the entire series

Luna - INFP
Neville - ISFJ (I don't see how so many people get INTP, but feel free to explain)