• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter and MBTI

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Harry - ISFJ- he is DEFINITELY a P
Ron - ESFP
Hermione - ISTJ- still think maybe INTJ
Dumbledore - INFJ- or INTx
Snape - INTJ
Luna - INxP- I think INtP. she is more scientific than creative
McGonagall - ENTJ- ESTJ
L. Malfoy - ENTJ
D. Malfoy - ESTP- ENTJ- he is ALWAYS coming up with plans/ideas even if they're mean. He also lived in the future a lot... dreaming about when he would be a death eater and not come back to school. always striving to be the best... typical ENTJ
N. Malfoy - ESTP- ESFJ. she planned things, she was very very feeling, just not towards Harry who happened to be the main character. but an ESTP wouldnt have thought or cared to tell Voldemort Harry was dead for Draco's sake. not that she wouldnt have cared, but she wouldnt have had an emotionally driven plan. and ESFJs can certainly be cold and snobby

Cedric Diggory - ISTP- Not a chance, typical NFJ
Madam Hooch - ESTP
Katie Bell - ISTJ
Bellatrix Black - ISTP- INxP. she was always coming up with schemes, sadistic ones, yes, but still planning. and she worked off of her values and beliefs, and also, she was OBSESSED with Voldemort and did anything for him, stemming from some sort of infatuation that seems insanely NF gone wrong
Sirius Black - ENTP- when he was younger he seemed one. but in the fifth book- classic ENFP
Tom Riddle/Voldemort - INTJ
Neville Longbottom - INTP- why not INFJ?
Cho Chang - ISFJ- she was certainly an E. always around people, always described as chatting with a group of giggling girls.
Crabbe/Goyle - ISTp
Oliver Wood - ESTP

Rita Skeeter - ESTJ- I dont think so. she didnt really care about rules or traidtions. I'd day ENTJ. she had many plans, schemes, ideas, plots...
James Potter - xSTP
Lilly Potter - INFJ- ENFP. There's a whole article explaining this one. But i think her charasmatic defense of Snape, and her friendship with him alone speaks to ENFP
Olympe Maxime - ESFJ
Olivander - IxTP- definitely an N, so terribly intuitive.
Madam Rosmerta - ESFP
Hepzibah Smith - eSTJ
Argus Filch - ISTP
Gilderoy Lockheart - ENFP- how so?
Horace Slughorn - ESTJ

Ginny Weasley - INFP- or enfp? she never showed much interest in being alone, only shy around harry
Fleur Delacour - ENFP
Remus Lupin - INFP
Nymphadora Tonks - xSTP- she seems F to me. she let her emotions affect her entirely in book 6
Mad-Eye Moody - ISTJ
Barty Crouch, Jr. - INFP- INFJ. He certainly had everything carefully crafted out.
Petunia Dursley - ISTJ
Vernon Dursley - ESTJ
Marjorie Dursley - ESTP
Dudley Dursley - ISTP

Seamus Finnegan - ISFJ
Rubeus Hagrid - ISFP
Igor Karkaroff - INTJ
Viktor Krum - ISTP
Mulciber - INFP- how so?
Peter Pettigrew - ISFJ
Poppy Pomfrey - ISFJ
Prof. Quirrell (sans possession) - ISFP
Augustus Rookwood - ENTP
Dolores Umbridge - ESTJ

Arthur Weasley - ENTP
Percy Weasley - ISTJ
Kennilworthy Whisp - INxP

Hogwarts houses:

Gryffindor : xSTJ- also bravery for values lends itself to both NF and STP often
Hufflepuff: xSFP
Ravenclaw: xNxx
Slytherin : xSTP - and NT. plans to change the world according to their beliefs much? and I;m sure you'd find your occasional snobby NF

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, and Hiter IS NOT planet. Haha, whata load of oranges.
:shock: What the hell is "Hiter"? You mean Jupiter?

Let's break it down for you, and every other person out there obssessed with Harry being an ISFP.

Harry is not a Feeler.

Harry has a clear impulsive streak (P trait, not F trait), and he's frequently shown going through emotional distress, but that's because he has led an empotionally jarring life. Thinkers aren't robots, we're just logical. He, however, has demonstrated numerous times an ability to keep a clear and cool head in stressful situations -- even when people around him (Ron particularly) are shitting their pants. He's also able to go against his own desires when he realizes it's logically necessary, as evidenced by him dumping Ginny to go save the world.

Harry is not an Introvert

Harry seems withdrawn at first glance because he grew up in an abusive muggle family, and was then tossed into a world he knew nothing about. He clearly enjoys being around people, however, as particularly evidenced by how depressed he becomes every summer when he returns to the Dursley's, and the ecstasy of going back to his friends. The only times he withdraws from the public are when he's emotionally distressed, and even then he seeks Ron and Hermione's support -- Especially Ron's.

So in conclusion, Harry is an ESTP, and you all are retards for thinking otherwise.

Gigi -- You're right, Harry is certainly a P. :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As for Hogwarts houses, overall:

Slytherin: ENTJ
Gryffindor: ESTP
Ravenclaw: INTP
Hufflepuff: ISFJ

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harry: ISFP
Ron: ENFP
Hermione: ENTJ
Dumbledore: INFJ
Snape: INTJ (too INTJ to function)
Serious: ESFP
Lupin: ENTP
Fred and George: ENFP or ENTP
Luna Lovegood: INFP
Voldemort: INTJ
Hagrid: ESFJ, ISFP, INFP, or ENFJ
Umbridge: ISTJ (omg I wanted to stab that bitch)
Malfoy: ESTP
Moaning Murtle: ESFJ
MacGonnagle: ESTJ
Ginnie Weasley: ENFJ
Mrs. Weasley: ESFJ
Mr. Weasley: ENTP
Professor Trulani: INFJ (the psychic freak kind)
Professor Lupin: INFP

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
generally:
Gryffindor: SP, occassional NF or SJ
Hufflepuff: SJ, some NFJ
Ravenclaw: N, a VERY occasional S
Slytherin: INTP, NTJ, STP (some STPs are sadistic mofos. they will probably admit it too)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harry. Is. A. Fucking. ESTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :steam:

EDIT: Ron and Hermione are also clearly not intuitive. Hermione is, especially, most certainly not Ni. Dumbledore only looks INFJ, and only up to about book 4 or so. You got most types wrong, but I'll leave it at that for now.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3

EDIT: Ron and Hermione are also clearly not intuitive. Hermione is, especially, most certainly not Ni. Dumbledore only looks INFJ, and only up to about book 4 or so. You got most types wrong, but I'll leave it at that for now.

I don't why but when you get angry I get amused by it :devil: . I agree with you about Harry being an ESTP. :yes:

Hermoine - ISTJ ?
Ron - ESFP ?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't why but when you get angry I get amused by it :devil: . I agree with you about Harry being an ESTP. :yes:

Hermoine - ISTJ ?
Ron - ESFP ?

ESTP is the worst read for Harry Potter I've ever heard...obviously, obviously, obviously ISFP. Wtf are you people thinking?

That officially settles it. You suck at typology.

:shock: What the hell is "Hiter"? You mean Jupiter?

Let's break it down for you, and every other person out there obssessed with Harry being an ISFP.

Harry is not a Feeler.

Harry has a clear impulsive streak (P trait, not F trait), and he's frequently shown going through emotional distress, but that's because he has led an empotionally jarring life. Thinkers aren't robots, we're just logical. He, however, has demonstrated numerous times an ability to keep a clear and cool head in stressful situations -- even when people around him (Ron particularly) are shitting their pants. He's also able to go against his own desires when he realizes it's logically necessary, as evidenced by him dumping Ginny to go save the world.

Your misplaced condescension here is hilarious, considering how incredibly bad your analysis is.

Impulsive streak, sure, that's P, fine. But keeping a cool head in stressful situations is in no way associated with T above F. That's simply Se being quickly adaptable and responsive to its immediate surroundings, trusting its instincts.

He dumps Ginny because he feels a moral obligation to keep her out of the danger that would come with her constantly being around him. Virtually all of Harry's reasoning in every single situation throughout the entire series is based on his strong sense of personal ethics based on how he personally feels about what's going on. He's classic SFP: Look into your heart to know what's right, then act on your gut feelings about what seems like the best course of action at the current moment.

Harry shows virtually zero Ti throughout the entire series, and the only "ESTP" characteristics he has are Se ones that are common among all SP types.

Placing Harry as a T is just ridiculously bad. Do you know any function theory at all? You do realize the F functions are about derivation of ethics, right? "He doesn't lose his head and go nuts when stress comes up" doesn't make him a T.

If you're going to argue for T, try giving an argument for why you see Ti or Te, and why you think it trumps his F function. HINT: It doesn't. Harry Potter embodies Fi, as does the typical fantasy hero.

Harry seems withdrawn at first glance because he grew up in an abusive muggle family, and was then tossed into a world he knew nothing about. He clearly enjoys being around people, however, as particularly evidenced by how depressed he becomes every summer when he returns to the Dursley's, and the ecstasy of going back to his friends. The only times he withdraws from the public are when he's emotionally distressed, and even then he seeks Ron and Hermione's support -- Especially Ron's.

So in conclusion, Harry is an ESTP, and you all are retards for thinking otherwise.

Gigi -- You're right, Harry is certainly a P. :)

He's depressed when he's at the Dursleys' because the Dursleys are fucking pricks, not because he's an extrovert. He enjoys being around a few close friends, but is clearly uncomfortable with large crowds and being around new people. He's shy as all hell around girls he's interested in and he rarely speaks up at all except when his strong personal morals have been violated (blatantly Fi.)

He hates being in the public eye and despises all the constant attention he gets from the life of fame that he never asked for. The clash between his private nature and unwanted celebrity are a running theme throughout the books--he's genuinely embarrassed when people recognize him in public and he hates that he's constantly all over the news and in the papers. He often asks himself, "Why did this have to happen to me? Why couldn't I have just been a regular wizard?" He does not even remotely revel in attention and making a scene the way ESTPs almost invariably do, and he makes all of his decisions based on personal feelings.

I'm sorry dude but this is some of the absolute worst type analysis I've ever read. Please go read something on this!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
:
Harry is not a Feeler.

These are good arguments...

This is not a good argument.

Harry:

SP - yes, definitely, a Se user. Quidditch anyone?

T-F... while, indeed showing emotion doesn't necessarily make you 'non-T', I disagree with your "leaving Ginny" argument. He leaves Ginny behind because he fears he's a danger to her. Actually, the rational course of action would be 'take Ginny on your quest': she's a very strong witch, and having her on the quest would make the chance of success bigger (not in the least because Harry will know for who he's fighting) - and the chance of survival for both of them. But Harry would rather have the quest fail than suffer the thought she'd be in danger.

Ti-Fe or Fi-Te? Hmm, difficult one.

Luna - thinks scientifically?!? Either I missed the whole concept of scientific method or you did. Scientific method: make testable theories and experimentally test them. She believes without testing. She still can be a T, though... what with her tactlessly telling uncomfortable truths... A TP then, because, indeed, her whole belief is consistent. But not scientific.

KDude

ESTP.... Not a likely Harry Potter type.

henryrollins.jpg
raylewis.jpg

madonna_pb.jpg
queen%20latifah%2005.jpg

Even if they aren't ESTP, they are a bit closer to it.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3

Harry:

T-F... while, indeed showing emotion doesn't necessarily make you 'non-T', I disagree with your "leaving Ginny" argument. He leaves Ginny behind because he fears he's a danger to her. Actually, the rational course of action would be 'take Ginny on your quest': she's a very strong witch, and having her on the quest would make the chance of success bigger (not in the least because Harry will know for who he's fighting) - and the chance of survival for both of them. But Harry would rather have the quest fail than suffer the thought she'd be in danger.

Luna - thinks scientifically?!? Either I missed the whole concept of scientific method or you did. Scientific method: make testable theories and experimentally test them. She believes without testing. She still can be a T, though... what with her tactlessly telling uncomfortable truths... A TP then, because, indeed, her whole belief is consistent. But not scientific.

So Luna INFP?

I believe Harry was a bit of a F type at first but by Goblet of Fire he just seemed more T and never looked back. I'm wondering if life - changing events &/or betrayals can alter types forever?

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3

henryrollins.jpg
raylewis.jpg

madonna_pb.jpg
queen%20latifah%2005.jpg

Even if they aren't ESTP, they are a bit closer to it.

Also ESTP types:

Peter Falk, Eric McCormack, Tommy Lee Jones, Michael Ian Black, Michael J. Fox.

Geeky types can be ESTPs too LOL.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You're right about Harry not being ESTP, but Henry Rollins is about as INFJ as they come! I'm afraid you've got that one completely backwards.

Watch his TV show. Read his journals. He's hyper-introspective and obsessed with imposing rigorous self-discipline. He had a lot of anger issues when he was younger, which in his case are associated with inferior Se.

KDude

Hmm you could be right.. But I guess my only point is that generally ESTPs have a very active, talkative or pushy nature (or even force of nature at times) about them (not necessarily in a bad way..they're cool as shit). Harry's on the pensive side.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So Luna INFP?

I believe Harry was a bit of a F type at first but by Goblet of Fire he just seemed more T and never looked back. I'm wondering if life - changing events &/or betrayals can alter types forever?

A big part of Harry's character development is learning to accept external impositions of responsibility. As an obvious, obvious, obvious Fi dom, he'd prefer to just live his life doing what feels right to express his individuality in his own way, but as he grows up he accepts an increasing amount of Te responsibility as his Fi finally grows to accept that defeating Voldemort is his moral duty (even though he resents the fact that it's been thrust upon him against his will.)

No, he's just listed a bunch of very general Se traits and then declared that they make Harry a T.

He apparently thinks Fs are incapable of keeping cool heads in stressful situations, which is absolutely hilarious to anyone who's ever met a real SFP.

SFPs tend to do fantastically well under unexpected stress because they're so naturally resourceful and quickly adaptable. "HE WORKS WELL UNDER PRESSURE SO HE MUST BE T LOL" is one of the worst type arguments I've ever heard.

Nor is anything in Aleksei's entire analysis of Harry, except that he's a clear SP.

Harry:

Lots of non-Se characters play Quidditch. Harry is quite an SP, but "he plays Quidditch" doesn't have a lot to do with why.

You're absolutely right about why he leaves Ginny. The main reason is he feels a moral obligation to keep her safe, and that necessitates keeping her away from him. As I said, his character development revolves largely around growing into acceptance of his moral duty (Fi maturing) and setting aside his personal feelings about what do with his life in order to complete a more pressing externally imposed goal (gradual acceptance of Te perspective.)

He shows virtually no Ti or Fe, ever.

Luna strikes me as very INFP.

Hmm you could be right.. But I guess my only point is that generally ESTPs have a very active, talkative or pushy nature (or even force of nature at times) about them (not necessarily in a bad way..they're cool as shit). Harry's on the pensive side.

Se encourages that active nature, but note that it's Harry's auxiliary function, not his dominant. He's got quite the impulsive side when shit hits the fan--he sees opportunities and instinctively takes them, while Ron (ISFJ) stands around whining about how scary the unknown is, Harry jumps right in and takes action when his gut tells him it's right.

But he's also often on the pensive side because he's an introvert. That's how they work. When it's clearly time for action, though, he doesn't hesitate--the Se becomes obvious.

KDude

Yeah, I was talking about ISFP impulsivity in one of Tamske's threads. Uh, somewhere around here. On the flipside, yes, ISFPs will not necessarily lose their cool either. Fi is just as "competent" a judging function as Ti in some ways. It just depends on how much/what kind of Se experience you have, I guess. The idea of just being a feeler doesn't make one blow a lid or something.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I was talking about ISFP impulsivity in one of Tamske's threads. Uh, somewhere around here. On the flipside, yes, ISFPs will not necessarily lose their cool either. Fi is just as "competent" a judging function as Ti in some ways. It just depends on how much/what kind of Se experience you have, I guess. The idea of just being a feeler doesn't make one blow a lid or something.

Excellent points. :nice:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have class now, but I'll be back to tear Sim's retarded arguments to shreds. Stay tuned.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have class now, but I'll be back to tear Sim's retarded arguments to shreds. Stay tuned.

Every post I've seen you make regarding type theory has been absolutely horrible.

I believe last time you were insisting that childishness is inherently Fi and cannot be Fe, and that (somehow???) trying to win arguments is purely Te and cannot ever be Ti.

Seriously, you insisted that Ti doesn't try to win arguments.

That alone is enough to show me you don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Here's a book for you:

Amazon.com: Personality Type (Jung on the Hudson Book Series) (9780877739876): Lenore Thomson:…

This should clear up some of the myriad absurd misconceptions you seem to have about function theory. :doh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
as if every single SP on the board arguing with you wasn't enough A... and now you want to take on Sim fresh out of the graveyard :doh:

I can identify another ESTP... they resonate in a certain way... Harry Potter isn't an ESTP :rolli: