User Tag List

Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and MBTI

Senior Member Array Nonsensical's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I hardly think anyone in the history of MBTI has been typed as INFJ on the basis that he/she 'never made mistakes'.
    I agree with you completely. But a few posters were saying that Dumbledore was an INTP because of his major screw up in the 7th book, when they obviously can't see that it was all because he was in love.

That was my point, and I was being slightly sarcastic.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

True, her style did seem more STJ-like. The one thing that has me hung up right now is how emotionally volatile Hermione was. I'm talking about things like when Ron made the comment in Sorcerer's Stone "It's no wonder she hasn't got any friends," and then Hermione responding by taking that comment personally and spending a whole afternoon crying about it in a bathroom stall.
    It's the Si (upholding/taking part in the current systems) and Fi (being individually valued). Both ISXJs desire respect from their community, yet for different reasons (Fi vs. Fe).

My memory of Hermione was of her being very emotional. Constantly taking things other people said personally in a very Fe-way. Constantly being the first one to cry or start gushing emotionally during high-charged situations (much moreso than Harry and Ron, who were both feelers). Hermione's emotional reactions seemed like an exact replica of the way my ISFJ mom reacts to things.
    Does she ultimately act on her feelings? Or does she rely on her plans to get things done?

(Side note: Also have an ISTJ aunt who responds the same way. She goes with her head, not her heart when it comes to judging important decisions.)

Then again, I haven't read the books in a while. Maybe my memory of Hermione is just too fuzzy.
    We're all here to learn by trading ideas.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFJ

But a few posters were saying that Dumbledore was an INTP because of his major screw up in the 7th book
    No one's assuming anything about Dumbledore's type based on his ability to avoid making mistakes. I suggest reading the thread more closely.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

when they obviously can't see that it was all because he was in love.
    I feel like I missed something in that book. Who was he in love with? :confused:
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

No one's assuming anything about Dumbledore's type based on his ability to avoid making mistakes. I suggest reading the thread more closely.
    You're probably right. I'm just being an ignorant bitch.

I personally see him as an INFJ, and really can't find anything to justify otherwise. I have read all books more times than I can count, a few times even trying to see him as a different type, but can't.

And by the way, it was a little more generally directed than the posts limited by this thread. There have been many other threads on Harry Potter where people have made similar claims. But thanks.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ

Or does she rely on her plans to get things done?
    All J's have plans. I don't think Hermione planning things makes her more F than T. The way she planned those things and the intended effects her plans were meant to have would be an indication of whether she was an F/T.

Then again, I don't really have any memory of what exactly the details of Hermione's plans were. Can somebody refresh my memory there?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I feel like I missed something in that book. Who was he in love with? :confused:
    Dumbledore was gay. He fell in love with Grindelwald when Grindelwald came to live with Bathilda Bagshot in Godric's Hallow. Dumbledore was so wrapped up in love that he set aside his fragmenting family responsibilities, and went off on adventures seeking the Deathly Hallows with Grindelwald, and participating in wizard-elitist philosophies that he didn't necessarily agree with, but was pretending/wanting to because he was in love with Grindelwald.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

All J's have plans. I don't think Hermione planning things makes her more F than T. The way she planned those things and the intended effects her plans were meant to have would be an indication of whether she was an F/T.

Then again, I don't really have any memory of what exactly the details of Hermione's plans were. Can somebody refresh my memory there?
    what type do you think Hermione and Dumbeldore are?

MBTI
    INFJ

I personally see him as an INFJ, and really can't find anything to justify otherwise.
    Did you read the last book? It portrayed Dumbledore as being someone cared more about manipulating the people involved in his 'master plans' than he did about how those people actually felt. It's the textbook definition of how T's operate. His consideration of how he could 'use' people in his master scheme took precedence over his consideration of how those people would be emotionally effected by the situation. T over F. It's that simple, really.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Many of her plans were driven by Te and Fi. An ISFJ is more of an immediate planner, they don't sit back to think of the best possible workable solution. They head right in to iron the emotional conflicts. (Compared to their INFJ counterpart, who probably would take some time to respond. Inferior Se; sensing.)
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast