INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by One1000 View Post
    The two most clear typings in the entire series

Luna - INFP
    Neville - ISFJ (I don't see how so many people get INTP, but feel free to explain)
    As for why people type him as INTP, maybe it's due to his absent-mindedness and clumsiness. I know he had trouble getting passwords straight and the like. Then at the end of book 7 he becomes a herbology professor. Maybe people think professor = INTP, which it doesn't.

I can't rule out INTP as a possible typing for him though. He could be INTP, or ISFJ, or maybe INFP. Introversion seems apparent. He seems rather anxious and easily scared and intimidated in the earlier books and you wonder why he got sorted into Gryffindor. Well it becomes quite apparent in book 7.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Also, Neville Longbottom an INTP? That's insulting, we'd never be that inept.
    Neville inept? Have you seen the last four movies?

Enneagram

Harry: ISFP
    Ron: ENFP
    Hermione: ESTJ
    Ginny: ENFJ
    Neville: ISFJ
    Luna: INTP
    Draco: ESTP
    Snape: INTJ
    Mcgongall: ESTJ
    Umbridge: ESTJ
    Lucius: ENTJ
    Hagrid: ISFP
    Petunia: ISTJ
    Vernon: ESTP
    Dudley: ESTP
    Voldemort: ENTJ
    Dumbledore: INTJ

Harry: ISFP
    Hermione: INTx
    Ron: ENFP

Dumbledore: xNFJ
    Snape: ISTJ?
    McGonagall: ISTJ
    Hagrid: ISFP
    Slughorn: ESTJ
    Lockhart: ExFP
    Filch: ISTx

Remus: INFJ
    Sirius: ENTP
    James: ENFJ?
    Pettigrew: ISxJ

Mad-eye: ISTJ
    Aberforth: INTP?
    Nymphadora: ISFP?
    Lily: ESFJ
    Molly: ESFx
    Arthur: ENxP
    Percy: ISTJ

Luna: INFP
    Neville: ISFJ
    Ginny: ESxP
    Draco: xNTJ
    Fred and George: ESFP

Voldemort:xNTJ
    Bellatrix: ESTJ
    Lucius:ENTJ

Petunia: ISTJ
    Vernon: ESTJ
    Dudley: ESTP

Houses:
    Gryffindor: ESFP, ESTP, ENFP, ENTP, ISFP, ISTP
    Hufflepuff: ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ENFJ, ISTJ, ISFP, INFP
    Ravenclaw: ENTJ, ENTP, INTP, INTJ, INFP (This is a bit weird for me, because I'm an INTP, but in Slytherin)
    Slytherin: INTJ, ISTJ, ENFJ, ENTJ, ESTP, ENFP

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

I really think Hermione is an ISTJ. Fred and George are typed ESFP a lot, but I think ENTP fits better. Dumbledore is Ni and Fe. Probably ENFJ.
    Do what your younger self never thought she could do.
    Be who she always dreamed of being.
    Darling, make that little girl proud

2w3 // 6w7 // 9w1

Enneagram

I would definatley type fred and George as ENTP, their Ne was blaring through their cores.

Hermione seemed like an extrovert to me, she never really seemed to need time to withdraw on her own, and she seemed to have excellent control of her outer world and a very clear mindset as to what she needed to be doing.

About Hermione...

Hmm, JK Rowling is an INFJ, and she said she based Hermione on herself but with a little "exaggeration," which is why I think Hermione's an INFJ.

Yes, she does come off as bossy and Te over Fe at the beginning but ONLY at the beginning.

“Books, and cleverness? There are more important things: friendship, and bravery.”

Proves she's Fe over Te.

INFJs come third on the list of smartest MBTI types. I'm an INFJ myself, I took a certificate for outstanding mathematical and logical thinking. It's possible that INFJs may seem as Te over Fe.

Now, I don't know how many are basing this on the movies but here's some proof from the book:

Ron: “Never heard of it.”
    Hermione: “Well, of course you haven't. I've only just started it.”
    Ron: “And how many members do you have?”
    Hermione: “Well, if you two join, three.”

Hermione totally strikes me as an NF for another reason, the diplomat Hermione. She's The Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare starter, so NF-like.

Another reason is Hermione's "skin hunger," hasn't anyone ever noticed the massive amount of hugs she gives per book/movie? I don't know about INFJs, but I do suggest that such need for touching your loved ones is a Fe trait.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mariamemubarak View Post
    About Hermione...

Hmm, JK Rowling is an INFJ, and she said she based Hermione on herself but with a little "exaggeration," which is why I think Hermione's an INFJ.

Yes, she does come off as bossy and Te over Fe at the beginning but ONLY at the beginning.

“Books, and cleverness? There are more important things: friendship, and bravery.”

Proves she's Fe over Te.

INFJs come third on the list of smartest MBTI types. I'm an INFJ myself, I took a certificate for outstanding mathematical and logical thinking. It's possible that INFJs may seem as Te over Fe.

Now, I don't know how many are basing this on the movies but here's some proof from the book:

Ron: “Never heard of it.”
    Hermione: “Well, of course you haven't. I've only just started it.”
    Ron: “And how many members do you have?”
    Hermione: “Well, if you two join, three.”

Hermione totally strikes me as an NF for another reason, the diplomat Hermione. She's The Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare starter, so NF-like.

Another reason is Hermione's "skin hunger," hasn't anyone ever noticed the massive amount of hugs she gives per book/movie? I don't know about INFJs, but I do suggest that such need for touching your loved ones is a Fe trait.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
    I don't know... In the books she seems to use a ton of Te and Fi.

Her bossiness, and seeming need to be right while also being heard point to and ETJ for me. Given that, and the fact that she absolutely needs to control her outer world, especially at the beginning, really makes me near certain that Hermione is an extrovert. She has a take charge attitude and a seeming lack of capability to notice,understandand, or react to the behavior of others which points to what I would think of as a lack of Se and/or Fe.

She has an impressive store of knowledge, and was able to site specific facts out of her textbook generally verbatim. That points to a strong Si for me. I would also say that Te Si is what causes her to be so hesitant, especially when she is younger, to break the rules. Si has a very strong grip on her.

I believe that Fi for her is shown in her crusade for the house elves, only because Fi is her 4th function it doesn't strongly start to develop itself large enough to become a workable part of her until about maybe fifth year, and even then she does not have a very strong hold on its usage as she is not comfortable enough with it to really explore it, she just accepts the feelings that it hands to her and tries to extravert them into action because of her strong Te.

I would say that Hermione also has a decent amount of Ne. Although it is definately overshadowed by her stronger functions, it generally does allow Hermione to come up with and play along with theories as to who's after the stone, who opened the chamber, ect. And since again it is not super strong, especially during her first few years, her theories were usually unreliable. They developed as she matured, as did her functions. So anyways, I believe Hermione to be a near definate ESTJ. TeNe:Fi.

Funtions tend to develop over time, so when you are younger you are generally going to rely on your most preferred for most of your dealings with the world. As you grow you are able to better temper the negative aspects of your primary functions with your devloping functions. That is why as the books progressed, I hypothesize, we see less blatantly over the top Te from Hermione. She still uses it, and defintely still prefers it, but the other funtions have a more established place inside of her now.

Different types can mask similarly at different times. Behavior over a certain period does not always mean that the people all the people who display it are the same type. And INFJ types are liable to want some sort of recognition for their work, and are very future oriented, so they would be likely to work hard especially in their younger years. Same behavior as Hermiones, but different reasons behind it.

Enneagram

I'm kind of stuck on Neville though. He could be ISFJ, INTP, or INFP. He tears me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I'm kind of stuck on Neville though. He could be ISFJ, INTP, or INFP. He tears me.
    My vote is INTP. I contrast him with Luna, whom I consider to be INFP. He lacks the floaty, ethereal quality Luna has, and comes across as a picked-on nerd who eventually finds his niche with herbology.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...