User Tag List

First 456781656 Last

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I think Hermione was ISFJ. The whole "academically competitive, obssessed with being top in her class" seems very ISFJ to me. When my ISFJ mom was a student, she used her Fe to constantly obsess about winning academic awards, getting the best grades in class, basically spending her time chasing tangible evidence and numbers that she was the best student around. That seems like Si to me right there- measuring your academic worth based on statistics. My mom told me plenty of stories about how she would constantly sneak around her classroom trying to make sure that she was getting better grades than everyone else. And that's something Hermione does quite a bit of in the books.
    Just because ISFJs can be obsessed with their grades doesn't mean they have a monopoly on it I don't think we see any Fe from her.
    Not to mention the whole S.P.E.W thing Hermione got involved in. Does everyone remember that? How she was constantly trying to give house elves better rights and created the S.P.E.W organization for it. I have a hard time believing that a Te user would've gotten as obsessed in a moral issue like that as Hermione did.
    Nope, I promise you that an interest in human (or in this case elf) rights is not at all out of line for a Te user. I've been known to take a very keen interest in such topics, and even tried to start a human rights club at my school when I was 16. That's what tertiary Fi does to ya sometimes.

I'm casting my vote for ISTJ (although I question the I a little, she's very outspoken).

EDIT: Also, I'm tired of this ITxJ's don't care about moral issues crap. *pout*
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

What're you suggesting? That an INTJ is superior to an INFJ? An INFJ with a fine-tuned Ni and Ti could replicate the INTJ's 'ingenious master planner' abilities the same way an INTJ with fine-tuned Fi could replicate an INFJ's 'great spiritual master' abilities.

I don't think Dumbledore ever did anything a balanced, well-developed INFJ wouldn't be capable of, I just think that his decision making process showed that he favored his T over his F, even if that F was VERY well-developed.

I think that, seeing as how INFJ's and INTJ's are the most perfectionistic types and are most likely to spend their lives obsessing over the task of carrying out their Ni vision, those two types are most likely to develop their inferior functions as an aid to carrying out their Ni visions. I think Dumbledore was a good example of what an INTJ looks like when one does that.
    Not a bit.

The point was to clarify how Dumbledore's feeling function is likely introverted, instead of being extroverted.

And yes, INTJs and INFJs share a dominant Ni, so they appear externally similar to each other until someone analyzes their motivations.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFJ

EDIT: Also, I'm tired of this ITxJ's don't care about moral issues crap. *pout*
    Maybe I misworded things. I don't think that moral issues is out of line for a Te user. I just think that Hermione seemed more emotionally attached to the issue. I would think that a Te would take a more logical, detached stand on the issue. I suggest taking a look at those sections of the story where Hermione started talking about S.P.E.W. Did she honestly strike you as remotely detached during her S.P.E.W moments? She struck me as very morally self-righteous. Tertiary Fi (or any kind of Fi, for that matter) is never responsible for that soapboxy morally self-righteous behavior that Hermione binged on during S.P.E.W. It's Fe.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Maybe I misworded things. I don't think that moral issues is out of line for a Te user. I just think that Hermione seemed more emotionally attached to the issue. I would think that a Te would take a more logical, detached stand on the issue. I suggest taking a look at those sections of the story where Hermione started talking about S.P.E.W. Did she honestly strike you as remotely detached during her S.P.E.W moments? She struck me as very morally self-righteous. Tertiary Fi (or any kind of Fi, for that matter) is never responsible for that soapboxy morally self-righteous behavior that Hermione binged on during S.P.E.W. It's Fe.
    Nah, I'm still not convinced. I wasn't ever quite as "preachy" as she got to be, but I was constantly trying to recruit people, and I was really frustrated and upset by the lack of support I got from people and their apparent apathy. I've never seen an ISFJ get soapboxy either. In fact my ISFJ friend was one of the more apathetic people around me, he supports his causes very quietly. Same with my ISFJ mom. From what I can tell, they wouldn't want to impose on people by voicing their firmly held opinions (that would be Fe).

Obviously it doesn't really matter either way, but that's my take on it.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFJ

I've never seen an ISFJ get soapboxy either.
    Have you ever seen anyone get soapboxy? If not, I bet the first soapboxy person you see will most likely be an Fe user. I'm not saying that soapboxy people are common among Fe users. I'm saying that Fe-users are common among soapboxy people.

And if you haven't seen an Fe-user get on a soapbox before, then I'm sure that what I'm doing right now would be a good introduction to what Fe-soapboxes look like.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Good points, and I could see why Hermione gets pinned as an ISFJ. ISTJs, of out the IXTX group, have the strongest need in being an active part of a community (Si) -- maintaining what had previously worked. ISFJs and ISTJs are both dependable/duty-bounded, detailed-oriented, organized and uphold an earthly sense of responsibility, including one of right & wrong. (This is why keeping rules is important to them.) The confusion is the SJ equivalent of the INFJ and INTJ debate. Sharing the same introverted perceiving function (Ni or Si) makes their type not easily determined.

What gives Hermione the ISTJ tag is her style: although she's adamant about moral causes, she pushes for her goals -- even if it means head-butting with others. An ISFJ would focus more on quietly supporting the group harmony and adapting to their wishes. They have to learn how to directly challenge someone's values and ideas, while the ISTJs would have a natural preference for it (assuming they believe their position is rock-solid and supported by facts.) ISFJs are often 'apologizing' for being disagreeable.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Have you ever seen anyone get soapboxy? If not, I bet the first soapboxy person you see will most likely be an Fe user. I'm not saying that soapboxy people are common among Fe users. I'm saying that Fe-users are common among soapboxy people.

And if you haven't seen an Fe-user get on a soapbox before, then I'm sure that what I'm doing right now would be a good introduction to what Fe-soapboxes look like.
    Ha, well alright, I'll concede you this: if she is an ISTJ, she is an ISTJ with a well very well developed Fi. If she is an ISFJ, then she's the most analytical and outspoken one I've ever heard of.

MBTI
    INFJ

What gives Hermione the ISTJ tag is her style: although she's adamant about moral causes, she pushes for her goals -- even if it means head-butting with others. An ISFJ would focus more on quietly supporting the group harmony and adapting to their wishes. They have to learn how to directly challenge someone's values and ideas, while the ISTJs would have a natural preference for it (assuming they believe their position is rock-solid and supported by facts.) ISFJs are often 'apologizing' for being disagreeable.
    True, her style did seem more STJ-like. The one thing that has me hung up right now is how emotionally volatile Hermione was. I'm talking about things like when Ron made the comment in Sorcerer's Stone "It's no wonder she hasn't got any friends," and then Hermione responding by taking that comment personally and spending a whole afternoon crying about it in a bathroom stall.

My memory of Hermione was of her being very emotional. Constantly taking things other people said personally in a very Fe-way. Constantly being the first one to cry or start gushing emotionally during high-charged situations (much moreso than Harry and Ron, who were both feelers). Hermione's emotional reactions seemed like an exact replica of the way my ISFJ mom reacts to things.

Then again, I haven't read the books in a while. Maybe my memory of Hermione is just too fuzzy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I see Hermione as an INFJ.
    I see Harry as an INFP.
    I see Ron as an ESFP.
    I see Dumbledore as an INFJ even AFTER the 7th book. INFJs can make mistakes. let's face it- he was whipped by Grindelwald, it's not like he was a 'chameleon', that's bs.

This is all from the BOOKS. The movies really fucked up with matching the characters.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ

INFJs can make mistakes.
    I hardly think anyone in the history of MBTI has been typed as INFJ on the basis that he/she 'never made mistakes'.