User Tag List

First 8485657585960 Last

Results 571 to 580 of 660

  1. #571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Harry and intuitive are not two words I'd pair together being that Hermione pretty much solves everything for him, I mean honestly look at Chamber of Secrets. Hissing in the walls, heir of Slytherin, I wonder what's killing people?

    He honestly sucks at looking at the bigger picture.
    I feel like watching now lol

  2. #572
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post

    I disagree, Harry definetely displays many Slytherin traits, I hate JK's comment about the hat sensing the bit of the Horcrux in him.

    Being an INTJ 4w3 I always get inconclusive results in House tests, always Slytherin/Gryffindor.
    In retrospect, yes I see what you mean. Yes, I didn't like that so much either, I feel like it's almost like saying "oh he's such a good person, he can't be in Slytherin because he actually possesses Slytherin qualities, it must be Voldy's fault somehow".

    Oddly enough, I get the same results, I go with Slytherin though.

    I think @Doomkid originally thought of Harry as INTP because of the crappy ISFP descriptions, which seem to be based off of social 9's, which don't exactly imply Slytherin/Gryffindor, they sound more Hufflepuff. As an ISFP 4w3, Hufflepuff seems like my antithesis.

  3. #573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    I feel like watching now lol
    Read them buddy, the movies don't count as canon, IMO.

  4. #574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    In retrospect, yes I see what you mean. Yes, I didn't like that so much either, I feel like it's almost like saying "oh he's such a good person, he can't be in Slytherin because he possesses Slytherin qualities, it must be Voldy's fault".

    Oddly enough, I get the same results, I go with Slytherin though.

    I think @Doomkid originally thought of Harry as INTP because of the crappy ISFP descriptions, which seem to be based off of social 9's, which don't exactly imply Slytherin/Gryffindor, they sound more Hufflepuff. As an ISFP 4w3, Hufflepuff seems like my antithesis.
    crappy ISFP descriptions indeed

  5. #575
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    crappy ISFP descriptions indeed
    It's all about functions, descriptions and dichotomies are trash.

  6. #576
    Senior Member HBIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    In retrospect, yes I see what you mean. Yes, I didn't like that so much either, I feel like it's almost like saying "oh he's such a good person, he can't be in Slytherin because he actually possesses Slytherin qualities, it must be Voldy's fault".

    Oddly enough, I get the same results, I go with Slytherin though.

    I think @Doomkid originally thought of Harry as INTP because of the crappy ISFP descriptions, which seem to be based off of social 9's, which don't exactly imply Slytherin/Gryffindor, they sound more Hufflepuff. As an ISFP 4w3, Hufflepuff seems like my antithesis.
    He shouldn't be basing anyhting in those, though.

    Hufflepuff and Slytherin are so underdeveloped it's a crime.

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    It's all about functions, descriptions and dichotomies are trash.
    YES. Once you get it it all becomes fun and interesting instead of frustrating and infurriating.

  7. #577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    It's all about functions, descriptions and dichotomies are trash.
    what type you think hagrid is?

  8. #578

    Default

    Is Ravenclaw really all that developed? Name all the cool Ravenclaws you get to know: Luna, Flitwick, Cho Chang, that dude that takes Fleur Delacour to the Yule Ball...not to mention Moaning Myrtle, Quirrell and Lockhart

  9. #579
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    @Look Alive_Sunshine: Do you not think Voldemort and Light Yagami are similar? I think Light is a stronger case for XNTJ because of his strategizing, but both have similar INFJ gone wrong qualities. Just for the record it wasn't my original guess for Light- I read it on INTP central and the author persuaded me! He could be either I suppose as sometimes fictional characters just don't 100% fit any type more than another. Oh and L is so INTP. He has some J-ish qualities, but he's just not.

    As far as the houses go I do think there's a correlation between the temperaments but it's certainly not strong and there is a lot of overlap. You could have an NT Hufflepuff or an SP Ravenclaw, but those I think would be a little less likely. I think her discussion of houses is terrible in many ways as it's so morally driven and biased. In reality Slytherins wouldn't even mostly be bad people and Gryffindors certainly wouldn't mostly be good people- they'd be people likely to join the military, religious zealots, and those likely to force their beliefs on other people. Sorting people by temperament would be way better.

  10. #580
    Senior Member HBIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    @Look Alive_Sunshine: Do you not think Voldemort and Light Yagami are similar? I think Light is a stronger case for XNTJ because of his strategizing, but both have similar INFJ gone wrong qualities. Just for the record it wasn't my original guess for Light- I read it on INTP central and the author persuaded me! He could be either I suppose as sometimes fictional characters just don't 100% fit any type more than another.
    I can't tell you how many times have I seen an INTJ described as an "INFJ gone wrong". But the difference between INTJ and INFJ is much deeper than one being the good/bad version of the other.

    Let me ask you: how are Light and Voldmort alike? Their reasoning behind their decisions are pretty different.

    Voldmort has a profound personal investment in his agenda, Light hasn't.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :cry:
  • :(
  • :doh:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :unsure:
  • :huh:
  • :shock:
  • :shrug:

Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
  3. harry potter characters
    By Gabe in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  4. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Potter Puppet Pals (Not normal Harry Potter!)
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO