User Tag List

Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 648

Thread: Harry Potter and MBTI

  1. #551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    Harry - INTP (oh really? YES REALLY trust me)
    No.

  2. #552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    No.
    Yes

    NT = slytherin

  3. #553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    Yes

    NT = slytherin
    Oh brother. You typed Malfoy ESTP. What of that?

  4. #554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Oh brother. You typed Malfoy ESTP. What of that?
    yes, I don't know what he's doing there

  5. #555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    yes, I don't know what he's doing there
    Well...FINE. lol Crabbe, Goyle, all the weird henchmen. They were NT's? Professor Slughorn, the man who lives and dies by physical comforts, flattery and obsession with famous people, is he an NT too?

    Do you have any evidence beyond you assuming Slytherin = NT, that Harry is INTP?

  6. #556
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    Harry - INTP (oh really? YES REALLY trust me)
    Harry quite obviously leads with Fi(everything he does is value driven, values derived internally to be specific) and has strong use of Se(very action/present oriented, does not think of the consequences of his actions). I see absolutely no Ti or Ne within him, even ISTP would considerably be a better guess over INTP as they have Se-aux as well.

    Also I've always thought it was alluded to that Harry's being considered for Slytherin was mostly due to his ties to Voldemort.

    NT's I've always seen as more Ravenclaw(obsessed with knowledge), with NTJ's as Slytherins(cunning and shrewd). SP's I've always thought of as Gryffindors(Impulsive and aggressive, as well as value driven in the case of SFP's)/Slytherins(practical opportunists), with ISTP as possibly also Ravenclaw in addition to Gryffindor/Slytherin. Being an ISFP would therefore make Harry a Gryffindor/Slytherin.

    Luna is a much better example of an INxP(not sure if F or T really).

  7. #557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Well...FINE. lol Crabbe, Goyle, all the weird henchmen. They were NT's? Professor Slughorn, the man who lives and dies by physical comforts, flattery and obsession with famous people, is he an NT too?

    Do you have any evidence beyond you assuming Slytherin = NT, that Harry is INTP?
    Ok let me elaborate on Harry being INTP

    I - I think we should agree he doesn't like parties so much
    N - He's pretty quick to get the underlying meaning of things
    T - Emotions doesn't seem to interfere so much in his decisions(he thrives under pressure)
    P - not a planner at all, one of the reasons Hermione get pissed at him and Ron sometimes, cause she is a J

  8. #558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Luna is a much better example of an INxP(not sure if F or T really).
    Would an INTP believe in crumple-horned snorkacks?

  9. #559
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Would an INTP believe in crumple-horned snorkacks?

    I feel like anyone who uses Ne strongly enough would probably believe in crumple-horned snorkacks haha.

  10. #560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomkid View Post
    Ok let me elaborate on Harry being INTP

    I - I think we should agree he doesn't like parties so much
    N - He's pretty quick to get the underlying meaning of things
    T - Emotions doesn't seem to interfere so much in his decisions(he thrives under pressure)
    P - not a planner at all, one of the reasons Hermione get pissed at him and Ron sometimes, cause she is a J
    OHHHHHH, I see how you're doing this, with dichotomies. Well, you got IP right, anyway.

    Why do you say Harry is quick to get the underlying meaning of things? I find he spends most of each book not knowing what the hell is going on. He never seems to connect the dots. Also, there's no way I can see Harry mentally tinkering with a system, or fussing over semantics, or caring about academic pursuits. The only classes he likes are the ones with obvious practical/action-oriented applications (Defence Against the Dark Arts and Flying). The boy likes quidditch, fighting evil, and standing up for what's right. He doesn't care about logical precision.

    Also his emotions constantly interfere with his decisions. He falls into a very obvious trap at the Ministry of Magic in OotP, because he got all upset. He is very easy to bait, and Snape tells him he's terrible at Occlumency because he's to open-hearted and hotheaded. Everything he does is grounded in a personal, value-oriented perspective. I would say his quick-thinking under pressure is more of a Se-Pi thing. He's not cool-headed, so much as he is resourceful and impulsive.

Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
  3. harry potter characters
    By Gabe in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  4. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Potter Puppet Pals (Not normal Harry Potter!)
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •