User Tag List

First 444525354555664 Last

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Hermoine is some sort of FiTe user. I can't see her being an INFJ -- she backs down from nobody, and if there's something upsetting her, she'll make it evident. Rowling said herself that Hermoine is an exaggerated version of the author in her youth. Rowling is an INFP, so I guess that makes sense. Hermoine isn't an INFP herself though, the TE is too strong for that. It's weird calling Hermoine an ISTJ or INTJ, but I guess those fit best. Meh, she's a fictional character.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I agree with @skylights and @Coriolis on why Hermione is SJ instead of NT. (Si and Te are definitely her most obvious functions.)

If Hermione is an ISTJ, I think the series shows her going from an ambiverted childhood to a more introverted adulthood. Part of why I always like to think of her as ESTJ (even if she isn't), is that her path to maturity is so much like the one I took, growing up: from being shamelessly bossy in childhood, to being more subdued and sensible as a young adult.

Maybe it's more because she and I are both obvious 1w2s -- and I think she's also so-first. (though likely so/sp?)

True, possible that she could be TeSi over SiTe. What's making you think so/sp? Not that I disagree - I just haven't thought about her variant much.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

True, possible that she could be TeSi over SiTe. What's making you think so/sp? Not that I disagree - I just haven't thought about her variant much.
    I really, really think she's so-first -- her focus is definitely the social realm and crises of groups (as opposed to self, or individuals) -- e.g. house elf rights, and that sort of thing. Each instinct of 1 is focused on perfecting some area of their life, and perfecting Society At Large seems to be what she's all about. Like you pointed out in your edit, that's why she's (generally) content breaking the rules, so long as it's For The Greater Good.

It's hard to distinguish self-pres, for STJs, because even self-pres last STJs understand (and prioritize) the need to take good care of themselves and their environment*. (Alhough with sx/so and so/sx, attention to self-pres is usually a means to an end.) Now that I've thought about it a bit more, I think she might also be so/sx -- because I see the blind spot as being more likely to be sp. She doesn't take care of herself very well, and she fits the sp-last "workaholic" stereotype. I think, for example, an so/sp Hermione would have been less likely to decide to use the time-turner the way she did.

Also -- again, now that I've thought about it more -- there's something I've noticed with sx-first and second, where you don't realize how closely those people are observing you until they give an observation that is Absolutely Spot On, a deep insight about who you are that they inferred from your shallower behavior. Hermione gives those tidbits to Ron and Harry, on a regular basis.

*That's probably the main reason why I mistyped as so/sp for such a long time.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I really, really think she's so-first -- her focus is definitely the social realm and crises of groups (as opposed to self, or individuals) -- e.g. house elf rights, and that sort of thing. Each instinct of 1 is focused on perfecting some area of their life, and perfecting Society At Large seems to be what she's all about. Like you pointed out in your edit, that's why she's (generally) content breaking the rules, so long as it's For The Greater Good.

It's hard to distinguish self-pres, for STJs, because even self-pres last STJs understand (and prioritize) the need to take good care of themselves and their environment*. (Alhough with sx/so and so/sx, attention to self-pres is usually a means to an end.) Now that I've thought about it a bit more, I think she might also be so/sx -- because I see the blind spot as being more likely to be sp. She doesn't take care of herself very well, and she fits the sp-last "workaholic" stereotype. I think, for example, an so/sp Hermione would have been less likely to decide to use the time-turner the way she did.

Also -- again, now that I've thought about it more -- there's something I've noticed with sx-first and second, where you don't realize how closely those people are observing you until they give an observation that is Absolutely Spot On, a deep insight about who you are that they inferred from your shallower behavior. Hermione gives those tidbits to Ron and Harry, on a regular basis.

*That's probably the main reason why I mistyped as so/sp for such a long time.
    Yes, that's a great case for so/sx! The comment you made about STJs seeming sp is totally true - it's hard to distinguish. I had a big ol' Notepad list of Potter MBTI types on my desktop from who knows how long ago, and had tentatively typed her sp/so, but I realized that it pretty much had zero basis in anything besides her being self-sufficient and socially interested, which obviously does not suffice for a solid typing. Like you said, she tends to sacrifice sp, if anything. Her bonds to the boys and other close relationships come first, and above all comes the Greater Good - she does rat out Harry and Ron occasionally when she feels like they're hurting themselves.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Default Ginny Weasley

I'd love to hear some ideas about Ginny Weasley's type. I haven't gotten time to re-read the books' descriptions of her lately, but the Harry Potter Wiki describes:

Ginny was a forceful, independent girl who often knew her own mind. She had an energetic, lively personality; having a huge crush on Harry, however, during the first few years of their friendship, she became shy and withdrawn in his presence [...]

Ginny was not afraid to stand up to anybody, friends and enemies alike [...] she could be harsh towards those whom she disliked [...] Her brothers [...] thought that she was too popular for her own good. She was also known to be quick-witted and funny and could often make others laugh even when they were feeling down.

Ginny also had a knack for imitating the mannerisms of others very accurately, much to the amusement of those around her [...] Ginny was also good at lying and capable of being opaque when necessary. [...]
    So, we have that she is lively, independent, protective, sometimes harsh, popular, witty, funny, a good actress, and sometimes shy (and clumsy) around those she takes a liking to.

So far she is sounding ExFx, at least. I'm inclined to eliminate ESFJ, as she shows few signs of Si. Her occasional blunt harshness is not sounding unlike ExFP tertiary Te.

As far as Enneagram goes, I'm thinking probably 7w8. People are protective of her she's always trying to push forward and do more, and she's protective, herself. She also ends up being a professional Quidditch player and later Quidditch correspondent to the Prophet, which seem like 7-ish occupations, very entertainment and enjoyment oriented.

Anyone have any different ideas, or anything to add?

Sidenote, a surprising amount of HP fans seem to really not like her. I think it's interesting. Her character was not particularly developed in the books, and some dislike her because of that and her character feeling like a deus ex machina, and others dislike her because she's supposed to be popular and well-loved but is harsh and blunt at times.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Harry Potter is probably a simple-minded and bossy ESTJ with no connection to the magical realms of personality or imagination whatsoever. All hail the almighty supervisor, the true lord of wizards. One day however Darth Raptor will take his place as the Legendary Dragon Archmage!

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Harry Potter is probably a simple-minded and bossy ESTJ with no connection to the magical realms of personality or imagination whatsoever. All hail the almighty supervisor, the true lord of wizards. One day however Darth Raptor will take his place as the Legendary Dragon Archmage!
    This...
    This is a pleasing joke to me...
    Please continue...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Harry Potter: ISFP 6w7 (Clearly Fi-Se)
    Ron Weasley: ESFP 7w8 (not w6; has a hidden lust for power)
    Hermione Granger: ISTJ 3w2 (Obvious si dom)
    Albus Dumbledore: INTP 9w1 (Too whimsical to be INTJ, too ruthless to be INFP)
    Aberforth Dumbledore: ISTP 1w2
    Gellert Grindelwald: INTJ 1w9
    Severus Snape: INTJ 5w4 (I can definitely identify with him)
    Minerva McGonagall: ESTJ 9w8
    Quirinus Quirrell: INFJ 4w5
    Gilderoy Lockhart: ESFP 3w4
    Mad-Eye Moody: ESTJ 6w5
    Rubeus Hagrid: ESFJ 2w1 (He's a caretaker)
    Sybill Trelawney: ENFP 4w3
    Tom "Lord Voldemort" Riddle: ENTJ 8w9 (He's extroverted; he loves having his followers around)
    Neville Longbottom: INFP 4w5
    Luna Lovegood: INTP 5w4 (Believing crazy things doesn't make you a t. Inferior fe is clear)
    Xenophilius Lovegood: ENFP 4w5
    Arthur Weasley: INTP 5w6
    Molly Weasley: ESFJ 2w1
    Fred Weasley: ENTP 7w8
    George Weasley: ENTP 7w6 (A very subtle difference)
    Ginny Weasley: ESTP 7w6 (A definite T in later books)
    Percy Weasley: ESTJ 3w4
    Bill Weasley: ESTP 7w8
    Cho Chang: ISFP 6w7
    Cedric Diggory: ESTJ 3w2
    Victor Krum: ISTP 6w5
    Fleur Delacour: ESTP 3w2
    Oliver Wood: ESTP 8w7
    Dean Thomas: ISTP 9w8
    Seamus Finnigan: ESFJ 6w7
    Lavender Brown: ESFP 7w6
    Draco Malfoy: ENTJ 8w9 (Displays ni in book 6)
    Lucius Malfoy: ESTJ 3w4
    Sirius Black: ESFP 3w2
    Regulus Black: ISFP 9w1
    Bellatrix Lestrange: ESFP 3w2 (She is evil Sirius)
    Horace Slughorn: ENFJ 3w2
    James Potter: ESTP 7w8
    Lily Potter: INFJ 2w3
    Remus Lupin: INTP 6w5
    Nymphadora Tonks: ESFP 7w6
    Mundungus Fletcher: ESTP 7w6
    Peter Pettigrew: ISFP 4w3
    Dolores Umbridge: ESFJ 8w9 (The epitome of evil fe. Prefers to control people emotionally rather than tell them what to do, is totally irrational, treats everyone like children. Evil does not equal t)
    Cornelius Fudge: ISFJ 9w8 (Fudge and Umbridge are classic sfjs unaware of their desires for power)
    Rufus Scrimgeour: ISTJ 8w9 (a tougher Fudge)
    Ludo Bagman: ESFP 7w6
    Barty Crouch, Sr. :ISTJ 8w9
    Barty Crouch, Jr. :ISFP 4w5 (An unhealthy 4 displaying 2 traits towards Voldemort, like Pettigrew)
    Vernon Dursley: ESTJ 8w9
    Marge Dursley: ESTJ 8w9
    Petunia Dursley: ISFJ 9w8
    Dudley Dursley: ESTP 7w8
    Arabella Figg: ISFJ 2w1
    Argus Filtch: ISTJ 6w5
    Rita Skeeter: ESTP 3w4
    Moaning Myrtle: INFP 9w8

Houses: Generally,
    Griffyndor: XXFP Associated Functions: fi, se Enneagrams 1, 7, 4 Most Common Types: ESFP, ISFP, ENFP, INFP
    Ravenclaw: XNTX Associated Functions: ne, ti Enneagram 5, 9 Most Common Types: INTP, ENTP, INTJ, INFJ
    Hufflepuff: XSXJ Associated Functions: si, fe Enneagrams 2, 6 Most Common Types: ISFJ, ESFJ, ISTJ, ESTJ
    Slytherin: EXTX Associated Functions: ni, te Enneagrams 3, 8 Most Common Types: ESTP, ISTP, ENTJ, ENFJ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think Lily should be more outgoing,maybe an ENFJ?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

The ENTP's Lupin,You mean Lyall Lupin or Edward Lupin?