User Tag List

First 343515253545563 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I could see Tom Riddle/Voldemort as more INTJ than ENTJ, personally. Probably an 8.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Harry IxFP, there are good arguments for both
    Ron ESFP
    Hermoine INFJ, similar to Lisa Simpson
    Dumbledore INxx, seems for like an F in earlier movies, later more like a t.
    Voldemort INTJ
    Snape INTJ
    Bellatrix ESTP
    Sirius ENFP
    Hagrid ISFP
    McGonagall ISTJ
    Filch ISTP
    Luna INFP
    Molly Weasley ESFJ
    Fred and George ENxP
    Arthur Weasley xSFP
    Dobby ISFP
    Last edited by Stephano; 08-27-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Five

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I've always seen Hermione as an INFJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Hermoine INFJ, similar to Lisa Simpson
    Hermione could be INFJ too. I'm less sure if she's got auxiliary thinking or feeling than I am that her lead seems to be introverted intuition. She obeys rules the same way Captain Picard (INTJ) does: until they conflict with her big picture Ni.

Picard will enforce the Prime Directive, Federation Law and Starfleet Regulations and be a complete stickler for them until his Ni pops up and he decides that something more important than mere rules is at stake or that adhering to the rules will compromise his moral principles and bring about an unintended result.

Hermione is the same way whenever a truly pressing situation comes up that causes her to weigh school rules against her principles. Like Picard she's a sticker—up until her big-picture intuition tells her that adhering to a particular rule in a specific instance will invert her core ethics, for example, by not supporting Harry when his life is in danger or having to face evil unprepared, and so forth.

• She advises Harry to go into the "restricted" section of the library to research Nicholas Flamel. Then when Harry flubs it she gets the book herself.
    • She brews polyjuice potion, breaking "around fifty school rules" so that they can inflitrate House Slytherin and find out who the Heir is. She even steals ingredients from Snape's cupboards.
    • She summons books about Horcruxes from right out of the Headmaster's office with an Accio spell.

The first two are important because this is early Hermione in Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber. She's only 11-13 when she does these. It's not a case of a mature SJ who has gradually developed their intuition and learned to think outside of the box. She's a "tweeny"; barely an adolescent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Why don't people want to consider Hermione as an NT or NF?
    NJ's are real sticklers for the rules too. .ya know..
    Two real-life stories from my youth:

• I'm riding in car being driven by an ISTP relative. He's driving in the middle of the road. I point out that he should stay in his own lane. He's says we're the only ones on the road, no reason not to stretch out, if someone else comes along, he'll swing back into one lane.

• I'm in a restaurant with some relatives. They decide to steal some plates because they like the monogram. I try to convince them not to do it, and when I can't, I walk outside and stand there by myself for an hour so as not to participate in the (albeit very minor) theft.

If I were a fictional character, people would say, "Oh, he's obviously an ISTJ, he's so rule-bound!"

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Yeah... the "she follows rules, she must be an SJ" is complete horseshit. Other types follow rules.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I'm not sure about her feeling, but her thinking seems more extroverted than introverted, to me. Kind of a "'these are the facts" approach rather than a "this is how I"ve been able to make sense of it" approach.

I like Snape as an INTP. I always liked him way better than Harry, even when we were supposed to think he was a bad guy.

Regarding houses, I don't object to placing NTs in Slytherin as long as we get Ravenclaw, too, but I think SFPs belong in Slytherin as well. Slughorn seems a little SFP. Aren't they equally ambitious? (I'm going by the "ambition is most important" definition of Slytherin, not the "evil" definition of Slytherin.)
    I agree with ISTJ for Hermione. She is much more of a "by the book" thinker than "outside the box", and saves the day by remembering useful information and doing her homework. Snape is certainly a TJ. INTJ most likely, but a decent case can be made for ISTJ. Regarding houses, I don't think any kind of rigorous correspondence can be made between houses and types/temperaments. There are too many ways to be NT, or SJ, or Slytherin, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I could see Tom Riddle/Voldemort as more INTJ than ENTJ, personally. Probably an 8.
    I've come to see Voldemort as INFJ. His strategising is really rather poor, and his ambitions come off as a huge moral crusade, more like Bin Laden.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I've come to see Voldemort as INFJ. His strategising is really rather poor, and his ambitions come off as a huge moral crusade, more like Bin Laden.
    That may be. I think Light Yagami from Death Note is INFJ, and many think he's INTJ. The two are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Since Voldemort is effectively a magical Hitler, the type community should agree with you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

IRT Hermione, I don't think looking at how closely she follows or deviates from rules is very telling. I know SJs who blow rules out of the water and NJs who are sticklers. It's much more about how they look at information - conceptual or discrete.

Hermione is a detail person. She is practically a walking encyclopedia of knowledge - terms, definitions, dates, places, all those little tidbits of information that allow her to snap things into place more quickly than the others. It's not that she's a big-picture intuitive thinker - she doesn't have a "vision" of what she's after, she doesn't spend time conceptualizing goals, or theorizing on topics, or lining information up to create a grand scheme. She collects bits of knowledge for the sake of collecting bits of knowledge, and she's excellent at filling in the gaps.

For this reason, I would type Hermione as an ISTJ.

I think many of her actions, in particular breaking rules, are (somewhat ironically) explained by her eminently clear Enneatype 1. Hermione is a moral crusader through and through, and very protective. Rowling sets up a fairly obvious "good-versus-evil" dividing line throughout the books, and whenever Hermione is breaking rules, it is in the name of protecting her friends, or ridding Hogwarts of a danger, or exacting vengeance on Malfoy. When she steals the ingredients from Snape, Colin Creevey has recently turned up Petrified, we know that she feels very anxious about it, Snape isn't the most trustworthy or savory anyway, and it's for the purpose of discovering the Heir and stopping the attacks on the school.

Additionally, Hermione being the smartest witch in her year and clearly scores more capable of digesting and retaining information than most, it's unsurprising that she would desire to push forwards with that, regardless of type. Given Te, she would also have a certain penchant for efficiency, which sometimes entails cutting corners.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    IRT Hermione, I don't think looking at how closely she follows or deviates from rules is very telling. I know SJs who blow rules out of the water and NJs who are sticklers. It's much more about how they look at information - conceptual or pragmatic.

Hermione is a detail person. She is practically a walking encyclopedia of knowledge - terms, definitions, dates, places, all those little tidbits of information that allow her to snap things into place more quickly than the others. It's not that she's a big-picture intuitive thinker - she doesn't have a "vision" of what she's after, she doesn't spend time conceptualizing goals, or theorizing on topics, or lining information up to create a grand scheme. She collects bits of knowledge for the sake of collecting bits of knowledge, and she's excellent at filling in the gaps.

For this reason, I would type Hermione as an ISTJ.
    I agree.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I agree with @skylights and @Coriolis on why Hermione is SJ instead of NT. (Si and Te are definitely her most obvious functions.)

If Hermione is an ISTJ, I think the series shows her going from an ambiverted childhood to a more introverted adulthood. Part of why I always like to think of her as ESTJ (even if she isn't), is that her path to maturity is so much like the one I took, growing up: from being shamelessly bossy in childhood, to being more subdued and sensible as a young adult.

Maybe it's more because she and I are both obvious 1w2s -- and I think she's also so-first. (though likely so/sp?)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!