User Tag List

First 242505152535462 Last

Luna has a habit of pointing out uncomfortable truths and being blunt. Seems more T than F to me. Definitely some Ne there though.

Quote Originally Posted by leectra View Post
    Harry ISFJ - he often overeeacts emotionally till I want to slap him
    Ron ESFJ - he always has a judgement and an opinion on everyhting
    Dumbledore INTJ - he likes being mysterious and not sharing what he's thinking
    Snape INXP - he doesn't really have a plan and just makes it up as he goes along
    Luna ENTP - she does try to be rational in her own weird way and basically says whatever she's thinking
    Just because Harry overreacts emotionally, doesn't make him an ISFJ specifically. Yes he might be overemotional at times but he's not a planner. He also reeks of Fi and Se. Both Harry and Ron are P's. Ron reacts in the present moment and thinks with his emotions.

Harry: ISFP
    Ron: ESFP
    Hermione: ISTJ
    Snape: INTJ or maybe ISTJ
    Luna: INTP
    Dumbledore: Remember, he was about 150 years old when he died. That means he had a lot of time to develop his functions. N type for sure though.
    Sirius : ENTP
    Lupin: INFP or maybe INFJ
    Tonks: ENFP
    Voldemort: Psychopath, though most likely INTJ when younger
    Draco: ESTP
    James: ESTP
    Lily: ENFJ, she seems to use Fe in the Prince's Tale.
    Ginny: ESTP or maybe ISTP

Permabanned

Harry-isfp
    Ron-estp
    Hermione-infj
    Dumbledore-infp
    Snape-intp
    You know who-intj
    Hagrid-esfj
    Fred/George-entp
    Ginny-enfp
    Percy-istp
    Mcgonogall-intj
    Draco-entj
    Neville-infp
    Crabbe/Goyle-estj
    Sirius-istp
    Scabbers-esfj
    James-estp
    Lilly-infj
    Alberforth-esfp
    Cho-esfp
    Dobby-esfj
    Umbridge-esfj

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Harry: ISFP
    Ron: ESFP
    Hermione: ISTJ
    Snape: INTJ
    Luna: ENFP or maybe INFJ?
    Dumbledore: INFJ
    Voldemort: ENTJ
    Draco: ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Harry-isfp
    Ron-estp
    Hermione-infj
    Dumbledore-infp
    Snape-intp
    You know who-intj
    Hagrid-esfj
    Fred/George-entp
    Ginny-enfp
    Percy-istp
    Mcgonogall-intj
    Draco-entj
    Neville-infp
    Crabbe/Goyle-estj
    Sirius-istp
    Scabbers-esfj
    James-estp
    Lilly-infj
    Alberforth-esfp
    Cho-esfp
    Dobby-esfj
    Umbridge-esfj
    Lolol how are Percy and Sirius ISTP's? Percy's an SJ type for sure and Sirius is definitely extraverted. He was really happy and energetic when people filled the house during Christmas time and was depressed when left alone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Harry - ISFP
    Ron - ESFP
    Hermione - IxTJ
    Dumbledore - INFJ
    Snape - INTJ
    Hagrid - ESFJ
    Voldemort - ENTJ
    Draco - ESTP
    Pearcy - ISTJ
    Umbridge - ESFJ
    Luna - INFP
    Neville - ISFP/ENFP mix (am i crazy ?)

Luna is much more Fi than Ti for me : INFP (with strong 5)

Changing my mind, Snape is a definite INTP. His relationship with Lily and the Marauders scream inferior Fe.
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Five

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    Same with Hermione. ISTJ children follow rules. She is absolutely IN LOVE with her course of studies at Hogwarts. Typical INJ behavior in those circumstances is to read everything they can, going way beyond grade level to delve into their interests. Her bent to take risks at that age--the potion that changes them into Slytherans, using the time device that lets her take multiple classes, etc. all point to INTJ over ISTJ.

I'm sure there are lots of INJs on this forum who, when they found classes/teachers/professors that honored their intellect and actually let them explore content and theory deeply, were also able to have info at their fingertips because it fascinated them and therefore they processed it in ways that allowed it to stick in their memory.
    I think I agree. Glad to see I'm not the only one who finds Hermione more INTJ-ish than otherwise.

The Polyjuice potion was her idea, even though it broke "about fifty school rules." And earlier, in Sorcerer's Stone, she encouraged Harry to break into the "restricted" section of the library.

The thing about SJs is that they tend to be joiners, even the introverts, perhaps because it's the appropriate thing to do, or perhaps because it's just so easy when there are so many fellow sensors all around you. But Hermione is not a joiner. INTJs are the same way: independent bordering on isolated. We never see Hermione in a clique with other girls (in the movies, at least), and that's very typical of INTJ girls. Whereas ISTJ girls are constantly surrounded by others similar to them, INTJ girls grow up wondering why the hell they're so different. And Hermione seems very unique and isolated indeed.

As for her doing things like impugning Luna's fantasies, well, there are a lot of very dry INTJs out there. For example, there are INTJ scientists who are strict materialists who will deprecate those who believe in ghosts, spirits and theistic religion.

Similar could be said about the "potion of living death" incident. If a friend offered to install personally written software on my imac, insisting that it would make it run faster, I'd politely decline. Even if he proved by demonstration that his own computer ran faster since he installed his own software, I'd still decline.

But if Apple offered a fix package to increase my imac's speed, I'd download it in a minute.

That's not because I'm secretly an SJ or that I have a respect for authority, it's because certain established ways of doing things that have proven reliable are preferred, as a default, over new ways of doing things. If my friend's software came out as a purchasable product, I'd be convinced it had gone through the necessary testing and was "safe" to download. So I'd consider Hermione's skepticism for Harry's innovation to be entirely justified. I might have done the same as her, particularly at that age.

Being an Intuitive doesn't mean you have to reinvent the wheel everyday, all day.

I never met an ISTJ who so totally reveled in academia and higher education as Hermione. I suppose there might be some, but they're rather the exception. For INTJs it seems to be the rule.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I've always seen Hermione as an INFJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I'm not sure about her feeling, but her thinking seems more extroverted than introverted, to me. Kind of a "'these are the facts" approach rather than a "this is how I"ve been able to make sense of it" approach.

I like Snape as an INTP. I always liked him way better than Harry, even when we were supposed to think he was a bad guy.

Regarding houses, I don't object to placing NTs in Slytherin as long as we get Ravenclaw, too, but I think SFPs belong in Slytherin as well. Slughorn seems a little SFP. Aren't they equally ambitious? (I'm going by the "ambition is most important" definition of Slytherin, not the "evil" definition of Slytherin.)
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.