Draco Malfoy- IxTP
    Lucius Malfoy- ENTJ
    Narcissa Malfoy- ESTJ
    Bellatrix Lestrange- xSTJ
    Voldemort- INTJ
    Dumbledore- INxJ
    Luna Lovegood- INxP
    Xenophilius Lovegood- ENFP

Idt you see enough of everyone else to type the, including Crabbe and Goyle.
    could you explain the bolded?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by theplacesyoullgo View Post
    Personally, I see Dumbledore much more as an Ni user than an Ne user, and between INTJ and INFJ, I'd come down more on the side of INFJ. An INTJ would probably be less adept at the people-manipulating than Dumbledore was.
    I tend to rate J/P higher on the "type scale" in terms of determining type. One reason is because that scale is designed to be VISIBLE and observable. That's why Myers created it. It happens externally. Other functions do not necessarily manifest themselves directly; J/P are not functions, they're indicators that point towards functions by observable behavior.

I think another flaw in picking a function and choosing a type from it is that we all know that it's very common for people to have non-ideal function combinations and lineups. For me, I always score high in Ti, Ni, and Ne .... which isn't uncommon (and my rarer Fe score is way atypical for type). Just because someone's strong in a function, it's not necessarily definitive of what overall type they are... it seems better to triangulate from various perspectives, especially the "look and feel" one. Observable behavior is at least observable.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I tend to rate J/P higher on the "type scale" in terms of determining type. One reason is because that scale is designed to be VISIBLE and observable. That's why Myers created it. It happens externally. Other functions do not necessarily manifest themselves directly; J/P are not functions, they're indicators that point towards functions by observable behavior.
    I read your post up-thread about thinking Dumbledore is INTP. I think that even if we were to value J/P in itself more, then I'd probably be even more inclined to think he was J! Dumbledore having the pieces of the puzzle so perfectly planned and arranged seems like the work of a J rather than a P. I also think INXJs (especially INFJs) generally have an ability to internally justify quite questionable tactics and plans better than INTPs generally do. Obviously some INTPs would be capable of acting the way Dumbledore did, but from my view, I think the likelihood of him being an INFJ is higher.

On the other hand, I think some of Chiharu's typings are flat-out incorrect (sorry!). Harry's an obvious S, as is Hermione, and Ron is an obvious E.

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I read your post up-thread about thinking Dumbledore is INTP. I think that even if we were to value J/P in itself more, then I'd probably be even more inclined to think he was J! Dumbledore having the pieces of the puzzle so perfectly planned and arranged seems like the work of a J rather than a P. I also think INXJs (especially INFJs) generally have an ability to internally justify quite questionable tactics and plans better than INTPs generally do. Obviously some INTPs would be capable of acting the way Dumbledore did, but from my view, I think the likelihood of him being an INFJ is higher.

On the other hand, I think some of Chiharu's typings are flat-out incorrect (sorry!). Harry's an obvious S, as is Hermione, and Ron is an obvious E.
    seriously, Harry is not N at all. Bart Simpson is more N than he is
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Array Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I actually thought Harry Potter was INFP too. He's kind of the stereotypycal daydreaming and sensible emo kid to me. Then INFP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Intergalactic Badass Array mujigay's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I actually thought Harry Potter was INFP too. He's kind of the stereotypycal daydreaming and sensible emo kid to me. Then INFP.
    If you ask me, ISFPs are pretty stereotypically emo.

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Again, I think it would do better to look at his flexibility and how he controls or doesn't control his outer environment. I guess you haven't met any ITPs who happen to be in positions of authority. Most avoid such things... but this is one of the few occupations where an ITP could inadvertently rise to some sort of power (he's a wizard/sage, a primary life role for ITPs... the same as perhaps an ITP could rise to a college position of authority). One gets the idea that Dumbledore kind of just floated to the top because he had seniority, but he never really had ambition to be in charge; he'd be happen doing his own studies and explorations elsewhere.

INFJ also uses Fe as the expressive dominant. It's the observable trait. That's not really Dumbledore. He's kind... but that's not Fe, he really doesn't care about social expectations except in terms of keeping things in balanced and stable. Typically, INFJ comes off as colder when it Ti's; find the INFJs on this site and watch the ones who have decent Ti expression, it's expressed often in more detached form than many of the INTPs. Dumbledore and Snape (INJ) are VERY different in how they interact with others. Snape is very controlled and establishes some sort of order around him. Dumbledore only establishes what sort of order is necessary in order to fulfill his duties, but you can tell otherwise he personally doesn't CARE what people do. He also is far more accessible, and easily explains his thinking in a personable relaxed way once it suits his purposes, which is more than what I have seen any INFJ do -- aside from Peguy, usually it comes out as a very detached crystalline form of Ti. (But I think Peguy has integrated his function perspectives pretty well, so they're melded, making Ti influence less separate and rigid sounding.)

I didn't bother to look at what he said, but off the cuff I'd say ISFP, ISTJ, and Ron's... kind of a low-key E if he is one. But I don't see him as an N either. (Which I think is rather awesome, considering how fantasy works seem to focus on N traits... and it's nice to get characters who operate from some other premise.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Harry: ISFP
    Ron: ESFP
    Hermione: ISTJ
    Drago: ESTP
    Neville: ISFP
    Seamus: ESFP
    Ginny: ISFJ
    Luna: INTP.
    Percy: ESTJ
    Fred & George: ENTP
    Cho: ESFJ
    Diggory: ISFP

James: ESTP
    Sirius: ENFP
    Pettigrow: ISTJ
    Lupin: INFP
    Lily: INFJ
    Petunia: ISFJ
    McGonagall: ESTJ
    Molly: ESFJ
    Dumbledore: INTJ
    Voldemort: ENTJ
    Lucius: ENTJ
    Cornelius: ESTJ
    Bellatrix: ENFJ
    Gilderoy Lockhart: ENFP
    Snape: INTJ
    Umbridge: ESTJ
    Hagrid: ISFJ
    Mad-Eye: ISTJ

James Potter Jr: ESTP
    Albus Severus: INFP
    (We don't really know them, but I wanted to include them anyways)

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The ETJs always get the bad guys.

#sensitive
    E2 - Eb4 - E5

Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    The ETJs always get the bad guys.

#sensitive
    Indiana Jones: ENTJ
    Yahiko Myogin (Rurouni Kenshin): ESTJ
    Sandi (Spongbob): ESTJ
    Princess Leia: ENTJ
    Wolfram von Bielefeld: ESTJ (the coolest ESTJ ever I might add)
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast