User Tag List

First 345671555 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 669

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I agree with ISFJ for Harry.

    He reminds me so much of my mum (ISFJ) who also lost her parents at a very young age.
    Always trying to make them proud in some way and attracted to anything which reminds him of them.
    i also do this for the people whom I love to a certain extent with my Si.

  2. #42
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Harry is a clear ISFP.

    He has NO concern whatsoever for adhering to community standards (Fe) OR for doing anything by the book (Si.)

    His entire modus operandi for the series is based on internal values/sticking up what he knows to be right via Fi (Fi is often the most celebrated value in fantasy novels, hence the FP penchant for writing fiction) and leaping in unprepared/figuring out everything purely by concrete personal experience and learning on the fly (Se).

    There's nothing J about him at all--he clearly values internal order/consistency far, far more than external.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  3. #43
    Senior Member SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    If an INTP is not good at something he takes an active interest in, then he's not an INTP.

  4. #44
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    There's nothing J about him at all--he clearly values internal order/consistency far, far more than external.
    +1

  5. #45
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    k dumbeldore is INTP.

  6. #46
    Senior Member SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Dumbledore started out as a clear INFJ. But somewhere towards the end of book four, where Dumbledore had that sinister, detached "look of triumph" in his eyes upon hearing the news of Voldemort's return, he started to morph into some kind of NT. I think he was an INTJ. One thing is certain, and it's that Dumbledore did a VERY good job of developing some kind of F later in his life, and I think an INTJ would be most likely of the NT's to do that with their tertiary Fi.

    As for the movies, I think Richard Harris did an exquisite job of portraying Dumbledore as INFJ in the first two films. I always considered Richard Harris's Dumbledore as the poster boy for what the archetypal 'INFJ wise old man/mentor' looks like- deep, mystical, secure, and graceful. Then Michael Gambon came along and portrayed Dumbledore as much more of an xNTP- rough, scheming, detached, agressive, and analytical.

    And of course, it definitely makes me snicker a bit when people use such inaccurate and arrogant ways of typing someone (or not typing someone) as this:
    If an INTP is not good at something he takes an active interest in, then he's not an INTP.
    Likes Bknight, Nahiyan1221 liked this post

  7. #47
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Yes, Dumbledore seems to be an INFJ according to the first five books. After reading the seventh one, I can't possibly imagine why anybody would type him as an NF. INTP (the 'chameleon type') seems possible, though he was a lot more organized even in his youth. I believe he's an INTJ with well developed tertiary Fi.

    Harry is an ISFP, Hermione ISTJ. They become more mature after a while, that's it.

  8. #48
    Senior Member SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    I think Hermione was ISFJ. The whole "academically competitive, obssessed with being top in her class" seems very ISFJ to me. When my ISFJ mom was a student, she used her Fe to constantly obsess about winning academic awards, getting the best grades in class, basically spending her time chasing tangible evidence and numbers that she was the best student around. That seems like Si to me right there- measuring your academic worth based on statistics. My mom told me plenty of stories about how she would constantly sneak around her classroom trying to make sure that she was getting better grades than everyone else. And that's something Hermione does quite a bit of in the books.

    Not to mention the whole S.P.E.W thing Hermione got involved in. Does everyone remember that? How she was constantly trying to give house elves better rights and created the S.P.E.W organization for it. I have a hard time believing that a Te user would've gotten as obsessed in a moral issue like that as Hermione did.

  9. #49
    Obsession. Lethe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    Dumbledore started out as a clear INFJ. But somewhere towards the end of book four, where Dumbledore had that sinister, detached "look of triumph" in his eyes upon hearing the news of Voldemort's return, he started to morph into some kind of NT. I think he was an INTJ. One thing is certain, and it's that Dumbledore did a VERY good job of developing some kind of F later in his life, and I think an INTJ would be most likely of the NT's to do that with their tertiary Fi.

    As for the movies, I think Richard Harris did an exquisite job of portraying Dumbledore as INFJ in the first two films. I always considered Richard Harris's Dumbledore as the poster boy for what the archetypal 'INFJ wise old man/mentor' looks like- deep, mystical, secure, and graceful. Then Michael Gambon came along and portrayed Dumbledore as much more of an xNTP- rough, scheming, detached, agressive, and analytical.

    And of course, it definitely makes me snicker a bit when people use such inaccurate and arrogant ways of typing someone (or not typing someone) as this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Yes, Dumbledore seems to be an INFJ according to the first five books. After reading the seventh one, I can't possibly imagine why anybody would type him as an NF. INTP (the 'chameleon type') seems possible, though he was a lot more organized even in his youth. I believe he's an INTJ with well developed tertiary Fi.

    Harry is an ISFP, Hermione ISTJ. They become more mature after a while, that's it.
    He planned the entire series all the way down to Harry's final confrontation with Voldemort.

    [Even Snape had to exclaim, "You have used me. I have spied for you, lied for you, put myself in mortal danger for you. Everything was supposed to be to keep Lily Potter's son safe. Now you tell me you have been raising him like a pig for slaughter!" To which Dumbledore replied, "But this is touching, Severus. Have you grown to care for the boy, after all?" And later, "I prefer not to put all my secrets in one basket, particularly not a basket that spends so much time dangling on the arm of Lord Voldemort."]

    When an INTJ has a fine-tuned Ni and Fi, they can 'mimic' an INFJ persona as it fits into their Grand Plan.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

    Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne


    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

  10. #50
    Senior Member SuperFob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    264

    Default

    He planned the entire series all the way down to Harry's final confrontation with Voldemort. (Even Snape had to exclaim, "Now you tell me you have been raising him like a pig for slaughter!") When an INTJ has a fine-tuned Ni and Fi, they can 'mimic' an INFJ persona as it fits into their Grand Plan.
    What're you suggesting? That an INTJ is superior to an INFJ? An INFJ with a fine-tuned Ni and Ti could replicate the INTJ's 'ingenious master planner' abilities the same way an INTJ with fine-tuned Fi could replicate an INFJ's 'great spiritual master' abilities.

    I don't think Dumbledore ever did anything a balanced, well-developed INFJ wouldn't be capable of, I just think that his decision making process showed that he favored his T over his F, even if that F was VERY well-developed.

    I think that, seeing as how INFJ's and INTJ's are the most perfectionistic types and are most likely to spend their lives obsessing over the task of carrying out their Ni vision, those two types are most likely to develop their inferior functions as an aid to carrying out their Ni visions. I think Dumbledore was a good example of what an INTJ looks like when one does that.

Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
  3. harry potter characters
    By Gabe in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  4. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Potter Puppet Pals (Not normal Harry Potter!)
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO