User Tag List

First 35434445464755 Last

Results 441 to 450 of 669

  1. #441
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    If I were a teenager at Hogwarts I would want Luna to be my girlfriend.
    Luna? Or Evanna Lynch playing Luna?

    I'll take Evanna Lynch.

  2. #442
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    Hmmm...ok. But isn't in more N to research many things with the intention of making your creation the best it can be? And having an INTEREST in spending that long, trapped away in your head, creating something to do with fantasy?
    In my experience of ISFPs, there is no way they could put that much thought and research into such an incredibly complex world. My ISFP friend has this method of deciding on an idea to make something with.

    Begin
    Generate idea
    End

    They're very creative but not to cautious about it. They do not like organising things and doing additional research into complex topics such as symbolism and allegory at the same time as focusing on the work.

  3. #443
    Member GetOffMyBiscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    TITS
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    In my experience of ISFPs, there is no way they could put that much thought and research into such an incredibly complex world. My ISFP friend has this method of deciding on an idea to make something with.

    Begin
    Generate idea
    End

    They're very creative but not to cautious about it. They do not like organising things and doing additional research into complex topics such as symbolism and allegory at the same time as focusing on the work.
    Sounds like your ISFP friend is just particularly stupid.

  4. #444
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    First thing: overtly emotional =/= F. Not overtly emotional =/= T. Ts can be emotional too (like my INTP brother), and Fs can be quite emotionally reserved (like an INFJ friend of mine). Fs can also be calm in a crisis. I am. The T and F designations are about how they make decisions, both quick little ones and long-term big ones.

    We really have got to stop boxing people out of certain types because they don’t fit our ideas of what every person in that type is or should be like. I’ve tried here to look mostly at functions and day-to-day operation of the characters.

    Harry – ISFP
    • Harry is the ethical backbone of the series, and his values were expressed primarily through his actions. I initially questioned Ti as well but I think that to Ns, sometimes we can misread S sensibility/groundedness as T logic.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei
    He's also able to go against his own desires when he realizes it's logically necessary, as evidenced by him dumping Ginny to go save the world.
    This is the best argument for Ti that I’ve seen, actually, but upon reflection wouldn’t it be far more logical to realize that there is no good reason to dump someone just because you need to be away for a while, or to think that Ginny can’t hold her own? I think this sounds like an emotional WAH Fi reaction and overdoing it out of both being pissed off about needing to leave and not wanting to hurt Ginny. And to an Ne dom/aux perhaps this sounds counterintuitive, because our immediate reaction is to look for other possibilities, but if Harry is Se aux then his reaction may have been to just get moving already.

    Quote Originally Posted by GetOffMyBiscuits View Post
    Sounds like your ISFP friend is just particularly stupid.
    yeahhhh

    Ron – ESFP
    • Makes sense to me. Also makes him a very natural counterpart to Harry.


    Hermione – ISTJ
    • She has cute Fi too. Hence the little SPEW incident. As for government infiltration, SJs can break rules too! Especially because we come to see more and more that the government is not secure and is increasingly corrupt. Hermione is definitely a rule-follower but she is also very intelligent, and obviously cares a lot about Harry. Her duty changes from being a good student and good citizen of the wizarding world to being a protector of Harry and a guardian of the “good” side – the way things were and ought to be. Her roles change, but her fundamental behavioral tendencies remain the same, and those are quite ISTJ. And it also makes her a good balance to Harry and Ron.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleboy
    She connects the dots because she's the only student who actually appears to be doing any studying in the school.
    , QFT.
    I think a lot of functions can be used to connect the dots. We all do have and use all of those functions, after all. Hermione just happened to actually be learning things that were pertinent, instead of slacking off and doing more fun things Harry and Ron – which is typical P. Given, of course, that Harry learns a lot more practical information via doing – via SP - that Hermione never will get from books.

    Neville – ISFP

    Snape and Voldy – INTJ
    • Incidentally, someone suggested ENFP for Voldemort and I cracked up. An ENFP would last as Voldemort for about 5 seconds. We’re really just not cool enough.


    McGonagall – ESTJ

    Molly and Umbridge – ESFJ (they cover the full awesome – horrendous ESFJ spectrum)

    Ginny and Fleur – ENFJ (similar spectrum, from awesome – hella annoying)

    Lupin and Luna – INFP

    James – ESTP

    Sirius – ENTP

  5. #445
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    First thing: overtly emotional =/= F. Not overtly emotional =/= T. Ts can be emotional too (like my INTP brother), and Fs can be quite emotionally reserved (like an INFJ friend of mine). Fs can also be calm in a crisis. I am. The T and F designations are about how they make decisions, both quick little ones and long-term big ones.

    We really have got to stop boxing people out of certain types because they don’t fit our ideas of what every person in that type is or should be like. I’ve tried here to look mostly at functions and day-to-day operation of the characters.

    Harry – ISFP
    • Harry is the ethical backbone of the series, and his values were expressed primarily through his actions. I initially questioned Ti as well but I think that to Ns, sometimes we can misread S sensibility/groundedness as T logic.


    This is the best argument for Ti that I’ve seen, actually, but upon reflection wouldn’t it be far more logical to realize that there is no good reason to dump someone just because you need to be away for a while, or to think that Ginny can’t hold her own? I think this sounds like an emotional WAH Fi reaction and overdoing it out of both being pissed off about needing to leave and not wanting to hurt Ginny. And to an Ne dom/aux perhaps this sounds counterintuitive, because our immediate reaction is to look for other possibilities, but if Harry is Se aux then his reaction may have been to just get moving already.


    yeahhhh

    Ron – ESFP
    • Makes sense to me. Also makes him a very natural counterpart to Harry.


    Hermione – ISTJ
    • She has cute Fi too. Hence the little SPEW incident. As for government infiltration, SJs can break rules too! Especially because we come to see more and more that the government is not secure and is increasingly corrupt. Hermione is definitely a rule-follower but she is also very intelligent, and obviously cares a lot about Harry. Her duty changes from being a good student and good citizen of the wizarding world to being a protector of Harry and a guardian of the “good” side – the way things were and ought to be. Her roles change, but her fundamental behavioral tendencies remain the same, and those are quite ISTJ. And it also makes her a good balance to Harry and Ron.


    , QFT.
    I think a lot of functions can be used to connect the dots. We all do have and use all of those functions, after all. Hermione just happened to actually be learning things that were pertinent, instead of slacking off and doing more fun things Harry and Ron – which is typical P. Given, of course, that Harry learns a lot more practical information via doing – via SP - that Hermione never will get from books.

    Neville – ISFP

    Snape and Voldy – INTJ
    • Incidentally, someone suggested ENFP for Voldemort and I cracked up. An ENFP would last as Voldemort for about 5 seconds. We’re really just not cool enough.


    McGonagall – ESTJ

    Molly and Umbridge – ESFJ (they cover the full awesome – horrendous ESFJ spectrum)

    Ginny and Fleur – ENFJ (similar spectrum, from awesome – hella annoying)

    Lupin and Luna – INFP

    James – ESTP

    Sirius – ENTP
    Disagreements:

    1) McGonagall doesn't really seem too extroverted at all. I think she's ISTJ. ESTJ is a very good guess though.

    2) Voldemort seems to have actually emerged as an extrovert from his 14-year hiatus -- he really liked stretching his Te muscles after coming back. I think he just got sick and tired of reflection after being a ghost for over a decade...

    3) In what universe could Umbridge possibly be considered an Fe user? She was Si as fuck and didn't like making waves (she was an 8w9), but she really wasn't a very charismatic leader. An evil Fe user would be more like... Goebbels.

    4) I don't see Ginny being very Fe at all either. I think Ginny and Fleur are ENFPs.

    5) Lupin was probably just a very nice INTJ, or possibly ISFP. He seemed Ni rather than Ne.

    6) ENFPs can't be magnificent bastards? Really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  6. #446
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Disagreements:

    1) McGonagall doesn't really seem too extroverted at all. I think she's ISTJ. ESTJ is a very good guess though.

    2) Voldemort seems to have actually emerged as an extrovert from his 14-year hiatus -- he really liked stretching his Te muscles after coming back. I think he just got sick and tired of reflection after being a ghost for over a decade...

    3) In what universe could Umbridge possibly be considered an Fe user? She was Si as fuck and didn't like making waves (she was an 8w9), but she really wasn't a very charismatic leader. An evil Fe user would be more like... Goebbels.

    4) I don't see Ginny being very Fe at all either. I think Ginny and Fleur are ENFPs.

    5) Lupin was probably just a very nice INTJ, or possibly ISFP. He seemed Ni rather than Ne.

    6) ENFPs can't be magnificent bastards? Really?
    oh no, they sure as hell can, but i'm not so sure about about voldemort-style magnificent bastards. you're right that one would certainly seem to seek fame voldemort-style. but if voldemort is a messed up Fi dom/aux - and i think we can agree his Fi is pretty messed up - i would expect more emotional WAHH out of him, while his style is very cold. he's quite the manipulator. i have a hard time seeing a messed up Fi dom/aux who isn't emotionally out of control and a shitty manipulator - whereas it's much easier to see a messed up Fi tert being convincing and calculating on the surface while seeking emotional confirmation below. we certainly see undertones of F in his rampant need to be the center of everything and his jealousy of dumbledore and constant suspicion of his supporters. i suspect some of that has to do more with wanting people to know how much stronger he is than them as a means of protecting himself, however, rather than simply wanting the spotlight. rowling says that when voldy looks into the mirror of erised he sees himself as all-powerful and immortal - not famous and appreciated, or loved for the first time in his life - and that is not a very F manifestation of desire. his primary motivator is his fear of death - i wonder why?

    i suppose in all honesty it's very difficult to type voldemort at all because he's marked with so many pathological conditions - he tortured animals as a child and his entire life suggests antisocial PD, and he seems to be quite narcissistic. perhaps he is an ENFP - though i think of all those letters, i have the hardest time seeing P. it's part of voldemort's downfalls - unlike harry, the brave but reckless SP who bumbles his way through their encounters and always survives due to last-minute thinking (plus help and luck), we see voldemort's incredibly well thought-out plans messing up because he has missed part of the puzzle, and it's the same puzzle part again and again - which is the human element. i'd be surprised to see that from even a very messed up Fi or Fe dom/aux, and a Ne dom missing a core piece of the puzzle while planning out everything else in explicit detail is kind of surprising. his style certainly isn't Se, either. then again, he's been pretty psychologically unhealthy for his whole life, so i suppose anything is possible.

    --

    umbridge i took to be really nasty Fe... nasty Fe knows how to manipulate people and pit them against one another, which umbridge seemed pretty decent at. she's very snobby and thrives off hierarchy. she was politically correct to a ridiculous degree and she sucked up to scrimgeour when he became minister. and at one point she says the only thing she can't tolerate is disloyalty (even though she obviously lacks it herself).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore, in opening address for the new Hogwarts year
    Tryouts for the House Quidditch teams will take place on the -
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbridge
    Hem-hem... thank you, Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome [...] The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of a vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this... historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be.... prohibited!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore
    Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating.
    obviously she's got a Si stick up her ass, and she wields it by manipulating people - which is pretty Fe-Si.

    --

    good point on mcgonagall, ISTJ for her - and ginny ENFP, and if ginny then fleur... i was concerned that ginny being my favorite character was throwing my initial wondering if she's ENFP off, lol. is lily potter also ENFP? i've seen her typed as INFJ as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by HP wiki
    Lily was known for being an extremely kind and talented witch. She was an excellent student, becoming Head Girl in her final year at Hogwarts. She also was an "all-time" favourite of Professor Horace Slughorn, who noted that she was witty and charming.[4] She had a habit of seeing the best in others, even when they could not see it themselves, and often stood up for those others criticised or bullied, such as her best friend, Severus Snape.

    However, when in a temper, Lily had a sharp tongue, and would not hesitate to lash out viciously at those who had angered her, very much like her future daughter-in-law, Ginny. This is seen when she threw a fit at James when he bullied Snape, and giving Snape a cold, indifferent shoulder when he begged for her forgiveness. She was also someone who stood by her principles, as seen when she ended her friendship with Snape when she could no longer tolerate his increasing involvement in the Dark Arts, and coldly rejected all his apologies and cut short his attempts to explain. This left Snape with nowhere to turn for friendship, except the Death-Eaters-to-be in Slytherin House, but he never stopped loving her.

    She and her husband were brave and self-sacrificing, defying Voldemort three times as members of the Order of the Phoenix, and dying to protect their son.
    sounds ENFP to me, especially the sharp tongue thing... lol...

    --

    i still see lupin as textbook INFP though...

    Quote Originally Posted by HP wiki
    Remus was very intelligent, calm, tolerant, gentle, and good-natured. Despite having suffered a great deal of prejudice in his life due to his lycanthropy, he managed to retain an ability to see the good in almost everybody and was extremely forgiving. He also had an excellent sense of humour and, when he was a student at school, was one of the Marauders. However, unlike his friends, he never partook in bullying, being personally against such behaviour, and hence could be described as the most mature one of the group. He even became a prefect in his fifth year. Also, unlike his friends, he was able to, or at least would try to maintain civil conversation with those he did not get along well with, a notable example being Snape.
    certainly INTJ/ISFP can be smart, gentle, and tolerant as well, but he seems much more P than J. i think there's quite a bit of Pe in him, especially given how he taught his DADA classes, and i see much more Ne than Se. he's not a ridiculously long-term visionary/planner, certainly no Ni like dumbledore's. where do you see lupin's Ni?

  7. #447
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I don't know if it makes any sense, but I always thought about Remus as an ISFJ. I have to re-read the passages to look for arguments, but this was always my thought/feeling about him. Why see most people him as a N?
    Personality type: INTJ Enneagramtype: 5w4 Neurodiversity: Asperger's Syndrome
    The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for. - Oscar Wilde

  8. #448
    Senior Member chihuahuasrluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Disagreements:

    1) McGonagall doesn't really seem too extroverted at all. I think she's ISTJ. ESTJ is a very good guess though.

    3) In what universe could Umbridge possibly be considered an Fe user? She was Si as fuck and didn't like making waves (she was an 8w9), but she really wasn't a very charismatic leader. An evil Fe user would be more like... Goebbels.

    4) I don't see Ginny being very Fe at all either. I think Ginny and Fleur are ENFPs.

    6) ENFPs can't be magnificent bastards? Really?
    1. Agree so much.
    3. Umbridge is an evil Hermione in my eyes. Umbridge is so not a feeler. ISTJ to the core.
    4. * shakes head violently at Ginny being an nf type* Please no. Do not want. The SPs can have her!
    6. mhmm. Mello

    Harry was a feeler ( I think isfp but maybe infp) in books 1-3 but he became an istp between book 4 & 5 IMO.

  9. #449
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chihuahuasrluv View Post
    6. mhmm. Mello
    tsk tsk, all enfps are perfect and fart rainbows and sunshine! lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I don't know if it makes any sense, but I always thought about Remus as an ISFJ. I have to re-read the passages to look for arguments, but this was always my thought/feeling about him. Why see most people him as a N?
    personally i went for INFP because he seems to immediately get people and recognize the need for comfort. i get a similar feel from lupin that i do from wilson on house (tv show), and i've heard wilson typed ISFJ too - maybe i mistake the two types. they both come off as quiet and protective and loving to me. lupin did participate in shenanigans along with the rest of the marauders - seems more Pe/P than Pi/J - and i don't really see him as an ISFP. plus he kind of ran away from tonks when she was preggo, which doesn't seem like a very SFJ thing to do. the way he structured his DADA class seemed Neish too, as well as being willing to teach harry the patronus... though i suppose it could be influenced by Si given that lupin learned it early in his life himself.

    Remus: "There is no doubt at all in my mind that his death would be proclaimed as widely as possible by the Death Eaters if it had happened, because it would strike a deadly blow at the morale of those resisting the new regime. 'The Boy Who Lived' remains a symbol of everything for which we are fighting: the triumph of good, the power of innocence, the need to keep resisting."
    Lee Jordan: "And what would you say to Harry if you knew he was listening, Romulus?"
    Remus: "I'd tell him we're all with him in spirit. And I'd tell him to follow his instincts, which are good and nearly always right."
    seems Fi and N ish. my grandma's an ISFJ and remus doesn't seem like her very much at all in action or behavior. remus isn't at all directive like i have experienced from SFJs in my life... he just doesn't seem as structured as they are, along with a few other traits. so he's definitely I, i don't remember much J (it usually stands out to me lol) so P, given Pe i'd go for Ne over Se, because i don't see ISxP, definitely an F, which gives me INFP.

    just my thoughts though. feel free to debate

    btw - ginny could be an ISFP i guess, but i don't see her as ESFP? she's pretty quiet for it

  10. #450
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I don't know if it makes any sense, but I always thought about Remus as an ISFJ. I have to re-read the passages to look for arguments, but this was always my thought/feeling about him. Why see most people him as a N?
    He has an Ni penchant for solving problems in mysterious ways no one else could figure out. For example, in the third book he saw the Marauder's map and just from that he extrapolated that Sirius was innocent and Peter was alive and guilty. That, and his beliefs are quite personal -- certainly Fi rather than Fe. He's the nicest INTJ ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
  3. harry potter characters
    By Gabe in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 217
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  4. Harry Potter
    By wistfulwillow in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Potter Puppet Pals (Not normal Harry Potter!)
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO